FormD T1 - 9.5L with UNLIMITED space!! - 3950X+64GB Ram+2GPUs - TITAN V FULL watercooled+TITAN RTX!! Fill the void 2.0

RTP80

Caliper Novice
Jun 10, 2020
@fabio how is the pump sound in the case? I have a Laing DDC 1t plus. It is not loud by itself, but the vibration causes a lot of noise. That being said my current case is literally a cardboard box so it is not secured at all. Did you just wedge it in?

andika_ei

Chassis Packer
Jun 21, 2020
hi fabio im amaze with your spec i want to make the same spec as yours but only 1 titan rtx , the thing that i want to ask, is it enough space if i use the pslate sleeve cable?? or should i just order the unsleeved one?

Reactions: shopan

BootyWhizard

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 5, 2020
Hey Fabio,(@fabio)

Amazing build! As someone who has never watercooled a PC and will be jumping straight to T1 with watercooling, your guide is a big help!! Thanks again for being active and already answering so many questions the other users have had here so far!

As a total newbie with watercooling, was hoping you could answer some more questions I had, if you have the time!
  1. CPU block : Your CPU block is nearly 220 USD on EKWB, dont know if I have the wrong part but is it really 220 USD for a thick piece of metal? just need to confirm : https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-quantum-magnitude-d-rgb-115x-nickel-acetal
  2. Are all the fittings you use nickel? I read some watercooling guidelines which recommend to have only the same type of metal in your cooling loop to avoid corrosion or something like that. This means not mixing aluminium and copper etc but not sure about Nickel.
  3. Just to clarify some things and make sure I have a complete parts list for your build. (Please let me know if something below is wrong)
    - the CPU block and GPU blocks are from EKWB
    - The radiator is Alphacool lt 240 radiator (Any alternatives?)
    - Radiator fans are noctua slim fans
    - The reservoir is alphacool DC-LT : https://www.aquatuning.us/water-coo...24196/alphacool-eisstation-40-dc-lt-reservoir
    - The pump is somehow attached to this reservoir and is alphacool DC-LT (Not sure about this): https://www.aquatuning.us/water-coo...l-dc-lt-3600-ceramic-12v-dc-pump-bulk-version
    - There various other fittings you bought and loop cables along with a T line (not sure what a T line is)
  4. From a ease of build perspective, I plan to only run 1 card and not do the thing you did with the DDC pump to file things down. If there are any things you recommend to simplify the build process for a newbie like me further please feel free to suggest!
Thanks again for the awesome build you have and looking forward to your response!

- BootyWhizard

RTP80

Caliper Novice
Jun 10, 2020
Hey Fabio,(@fabio)

Amazing build! As someone who has never watercooled a PC and will be jumping straight to T1 with watercooling, your guide is a big help!! Thanks again for being active and already answering so many questions the other users have had here so far!

As a total newbie with watercooling, was hoping you could answer some more questions I had, if you have the time!
  1. CPU block : Your CPU block is nearly 220 USD on EKWB, dont know if I have the wrong part but is it really 220 USD for a thick piece of metal? just need to confirm : https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-quantum-magnitude-d-rgb-115x-nickel-acetal
  2. Are all the fittings you use nickel? I read some watercooling guidelines which recommend to have only the same type of metal in your cooling loop to avoid corrosion or something like that. This means not mixing aluminium and copper etc but not sure about Nickel.
  3. Just to clarify some things and make sure I have a complete parts list for your build. (Please let me know if something below is wrong)
    - The reservoir is alphacool DC-LT : https://www.aquatuning.us/water-coo...24196/alphacool-eisstation-40-dc-lt-reservoir
    - The pump is somehow attached to this reservoir and is alphacool DC-LT (Not sure about this): https://www.aquatuning.us/water-coo...l-dc-lt-3600-ceramic-12v-dc-pump-bulk-version
    - There various other fittings you bought and loop cables along with a T line (not sure what a T line is)
  4. From a ease of build perspective, I plan to only run 1 card and not do the thing you did with the DDC pump to file things down. If there are any things you recommend to simplify the build process for a newbie like me further please feel free to suggest!
Thanks again for the awesome build you have and looking forward to your response!

- BootyWhizard

For the CPU block, you can stick with EKWB and go for the Velocity for about half the cost if you would like. The performance will be pretty close. But you can use any block you want if you dont want to go with EKWB. Same for the GPU, find one that you like and fits your card. For the radiator fans, you will need a 15mm fan for sure. You may be able to fit a 25mm on the one side of the rad depending on everything else running in the case (you can stick to 15 mm if you only want to order once). The original reservoir he was using was the eisstation 40, but after getting the rest of the pieces Fabio moved to a Alphacool 1U reservoir with a DDC pump.

For mixing metals, take a look at this article. In short, you can have Nickel and Copper, but dont mix it with aluminium.

Last edited:

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
@fabio how is the pump sound in the case? I have a Laing DDC 1t plus. It is not loud by itself, but the vibration causes a lot of noise. That being said my current case is literally a cardboard box so it is not secured at all. Did you just wedge it in?
The pump I use the DDC 1-PMW 6W from EKWB is super silent! And in my configuration is "suspended" from the radiator, so a lot of vibration doesn't go on the case. The lain DDC 1t Plus personally I don't know if it's noisy! But for sure Inside the case it will be more isolated than in your cardbox one!

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
hi fabio im amaze with your spec i want to make the same spec as yours but only 1 titan rtx , the thing that i want to ask, is it enough space if i use the pslate sleeve cable?? or should i just order the unsleeved one?
Yes, there will be space for the sleeved one! But I suggest to put a grill above the 25mm fan is you will gonna use it. ;)

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Apr 6, 2016
Hey Fabio,(@fabio)

- BootyWhizard
Hey! so, @RTP80 has already explained quite a lot, but here my replies:

- You can use the EKWB Velocity (be careful, it is thicker than the Magnitude, so if you will use the EKWB Torque fittings there will be the possibilities they will touch andpush against the panel) Or you can use one of my favourites, the Watercool HeatkillerVI! In general the difference will be in the range of only 1C.

- The Alphacool LT 240 is the suggested radiator for the thickness of only 25mm, and the compact size/performance. The alternative IMO is the XPSC TX240, but for an easy installation I suggest to have the fan in this configuration facing the top panel.

- Ok for the Fans.

- The reservoir is that, but the pump, buy this Alphacool DC-LT 2600. Has the same performance, is newer and quiter.

- The T fittings helps you to drain the system later!

- As I've said, to simplify the process mount the radiator against the motherboard and the fan on top of it, facing the top panel. Use the 13/10 soft tubes instead of my 16/10, and think always where you can put the various cables!

BootyWhizard

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jul 5, 2020

- You can use the EKWB Velocity (be careful, it is thicker than the Magnitude, so if you will use the EKWB Torque fittings there will be the possibilities they will touch andpush against the panel) Or you can use one of my favourites, the Watercool HeatkillerVI! In general the difference will be in the range of only 1C.

- The Alphacool LT 240 is the suggested radiator for the thickness of only 25mm, and the compact size/performance. The alternative IMO is the XPSC TX240, but for an easy installation I suggest to have the fan in this configuration facing the top panel.

- Ok for the Fans.

- The reservoir is that, but the pump, buy this Alphacool DC-LT 2600. Has the same performance, is newer and quiter.

- As I've said, to simplify the process mount the radiator against the motherboard and the fan on top of it, facing the top panel. Use the 13/10 soft tubes instead of my 16/10, and think always where you can put the various cables!

@fabio @RTP80
Thanks for the tips and answering the questions! Really appreciate it!

Definitely learning that watercooling is a whole another ball game in terms of price and in terms of various customizations and equipment required.

Hopefully once the LT240 is back in stock I can snag one and get started. Thanks again and looking forward to any updates you have coming in on your build!

RTP80

Caliper Novice
Jun 10, 2020
The pump I use the DDC 1-PMW 6W from EKWB is super silent! And in my configuration is "suspended" from the radiator, so a lot of vibration doesn't go on the case. The lain DDC 1t Plus personally I don't know if it's noisy! But for sure Inside the case it will be more isolated than in your cardbox one!

Ha, one can dream! Case is on the way, so the cardboard box only has a little longer left. If I pick it up, it is silent, so I am hopefull that once it is properly mounted it will be better.

NurseLeo

Caliper Novice
Jul 7, 2020
@fabio

Hi Fabio! congrats on the awesome build. I was lucky enough to get a hold of the T1 and you've inspired me to make my own SFF build.

MY BUILD:

I'm planning on air cooling my CPU with the Alphenfön Black Ridge heat sink with 2 Noctua NF-A9X14 HS-PWM Chroma Black Swap fans. And then cooling my GPU with the Alphacool Eisstation 40 DC-LT - reservoir and the DC-LT 2600 pump.

QUESTIONS:

You mentioned that you had to use barrow's rotary fittings along with some other fittings. In the 8th picture from part 2 of your build log it looks like there are 3 other fittings connecting the eisstation to the radiator. Could you please tell me what fittings those are? Are there more than those 3 fittings and the barrow fittings you used to connect the pump and radiator?

you mentioned to BootyWhizard that he should use the 13/10 tubing. Could you link the tubing please? Why did you decide not to use the AlphaTube TPV 12,7/7,6 tubing?

Thank you for your time!
-Leo

Last edited:

NurseLeo

Caliper Novice
Jul 7, 2020
Hi Fabio! congrats on the awesome build. I was lucky enough to get a hold of the T1 and you've inspired me to make my own SFF build.

MY BUILD:

I'm planning on air cooling my CPU with the Alphenfön Black Ridge heat sink with 2 Noctua NF-A9X14 HS-PWM Chroma Black Swap fans. And then cooling my GPU with the Alphacool Eisstation 40 DC-LT - reservoir and the DC-LT 2600 pump.

QUESTIONS:

You mentioned that you had to use barrow's rotary fittings along with some other fittings. In the 8th picture from part 2 of your build log it looks like there are 3 other fittings connecting the eisstation to the radiator. Could you please tell me what fittings those are? Are there more than those 3 fittings and the barrow fittings you used to connect the pump and radiator?

you mentioned to BootyWhizard that he should use the 13/10 tubing. Could you link the tubing please? Why did you decide not to use the AlphaTube TPV 12,7/7,6 tubing?

Thank you for your time!
-Leo

bynio

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2020

- Ok for the Fans.

Slim Scythe still better that Noctua 15mm? What about chromax?

DJSnotBoogie

Efficiency Noob
Apr 16, 2020
@fabio

Did you explore the possibility of using the EK Quantum Kinetic FLT reservoir/pump? I wonder if it could fit in front of the GPU with the bump out for the pump beneath the GPU and PSU.

cps_goodbuy

Caliper Novice
Feb 12, 2020
General question to all, If you were to build again, which combination would you go for?
Eisstation 40 DC-LT with DC-LT 2600
ES 1U DDC with EKWB DDC MX 3.1 PMW (I think this is discontinued now)
ES 1U DDC with Lain DDC 1T Plus
Something else?