Power Supply EVGA 850W/750W SFX Gold certified power supplies

biopunk

Airflow Optimizer
Original poster
Sep 24, 2020
Just announced: https://www.evga.com/about/pressrelease/?id=411

Does anyone have experience with EVGA PSUs? Are they reliable, are they quiet?

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
6 years ago I bought a standard ATX 750W EVGA PSU and about 3 years in it died on me. EVGA is supposed to be good, or known to be good, yet my personal experience is not. in terms of PSU brands I would trust and buy Seasonic the most, then Corsair because it would be really simple to do RMA

EVGA is solid. Hope this can compete with SF750!
I think these are more along the lines of the CM SFX series. EVGA needs a Platinum/Titanium 750W-1000W to step into the ring with SF750 and Silverstone ones

Last edited:

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
While I was still playing with Big Form Factor, I came to know EVGA's G2 line is quite good.
But now, we are talking about SFF.

EVGA's GM line has not been too impressive. From reviews, it seems they are not bad at all but is just not as good as Corsair's SF Gold/Platinum. You can read Tom's review as reference. Now, this 750/850 GM come out. They are just too new for anyone to know anything about. Probably still made by FSP? I do not see any review yet. But linustechtips has the Corsair SF as Tier 1 and the EVGA GM as Tier 2.

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
EVGA is solid. Hope this can compete with SF750!
Not all their PSU's are solid, and that's because EVGA doesn't make PSU's at all.

The quality mostly depends on the OEM, so making statements like "x brand is solid", is not particularly helpful.

The 10 year warranty does indicate that they're likely quite solid, but I'd wait for a full review before saying that with any amount of confidence.

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 21, 2019
Somewhat related, FSP also released 750W and 850W versions of their own Dagger Pro.

I guess this is inline with EVGA because FSP is the OEM for their Supernova GM.

Protools

Average Stuffer
Oct 10, 2018
Not all their PSU's are solid, and that's because EVGA doesn't make PSU's at all.

The quality mostly depends on the OEM, so making statements like "x brand is solid", is not particularly helpful.

The 10 year warranty does indicate that they're likely quite solid, but I'd wait for a full review before saying that with any amount of confidence.
I'm fully aware of the OEM/ODM side of PSUs.
I was mostly talking in a "the brand reputation is just OK." kind of tone.

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
I'm fully aware of the OEM/ODM side of PSUs.
I was mostly talking in a "the brand reputation is just OK." kind of tone.
Well their overall rep isn't worth much considering they've some put their brand on some really mediocre and even poor PSU's in the last few years. The G2 and P2 are still the best PSU's they've sold to date, everything after has just been worse.

That's why I'm saying that making such statements isn't helpful.

Reactions: Phuncz