Power Supply Silverstone Extreme 850R Platinum SFX

XNine

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 11, 2022
Just received this unit, omg the cables!!!!!

Anyone have cables suggestions where I can grab decent one without going bankrupt? Thanks :)
I ripped mine apart and sleeved them with MDPCX sleeve. Most are manageable after that. The 16 pin GPU cable is still very rigid, but most became MUCH easier after sleeving.

Reactions: hrh_ginsterbusch

vprcre

Chassis Packer
Nov 23, 2022
Am I correct in understanding that this PSU and the ROG Loki are the only proper 850w SFX(-L) 4.0 PSUs with a proper 12VHPWR cable that includes the sense pins? Not counting rebrands like the aforementioned apexgaming.

h2oxide

Efficiency Noob
Oct 12, 2020
Just purchased this unit. Does anyone happen to know if one can use the single included 8p to 2x6+2p cable on a 3080? I've always ran two separate PCIE power cables in the past and wonder if it's a hindrance on this particular PSU?

Overtek

Airflow Optimizer
OVERTEK
Gold Supporter
May 22, 2017
www.overtek.co.uk
Just purchased this unit. Does anyone happen to know if one can use the single included 8p to 2x6+2p cable on a 3080? I've always ran two separate PCIE power cables in the past and wonder if it's a hindrance on this particular PSU?
If you can run 2 on seperare cable runs back to the psu do as it will provide beter load balancing and thermals. Depends on loom wire gauage and connecfor pin spec, standard pin spec is 9A, so with the 3 x 12v circuits that run on a 6 or 6+2 pci-e connector thats max 324W load, 3080 can pull 350W. Some pins are 13A and if its on 16awg that would be fine for upto 468W. Depends what you can find out from the brand /OEM on pin specs as thd wire guage detail should be printed on the wire.

h2oxide

Efficiency Noob
Oct 12, 2020
If you can run 2 on seperare cable runs back to the psu do as it will provide beter load balancing and thermals. Depends on loom wire gauage and connecfor pin spec, standard pin spec is 9A, so with the 3 x 12v circuits that run on a 6 or 6+2 pci-e connector thats max 324W load, 3080 can pull 350W. Some pins are 13A and if its on 16awg that would be fine for upto 468W. Depends what you can find out from the brand /OEM on pin specs as thd wire guage detail should be printed on the wire.
Great, thanks for the info. I prefer running two but they only incl. one with the PSU; PITA.