Prototype DAN HSLP-48: A powerful sub 50mm heatsink

Wantabiggercpu

Trash Compacter
Feb 8, 2018
I understand that. Focusing on the cases seems like the right choice.

But who is raptor?

Wrong account?

Last edited:

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
At first I like to apologize for the lack of information in the last month. Since some month I don’t work on the HSLP-48, because I had to realize that selling a heatsink and a case are two different things.

In comparison to the L9i the new prototypes were 8-13°C better (depending on CPU clock). In my opinion the results were great although the old CoolJag samples were better.

The main problem of the heatsink project was the high minimum order quantity (MOQ). The Kickstarter price for 1000 units would be 60-70€ without a fan. For each heatsink the profit would be 10€ before tax. Staring from a quantity of 10.000 units the price would be on competitors level. The high order quantity is necessary to lower the very high tooling fees. The workload of shipping 1000 heatsinks is the same as for 1000 cases. To make it short the expected quantities on the given price point is too low and the ratio between workload and profit is also too low.

For this reason I made the decision to stop working on the HSLP-48 and focusing on C4-SFX and A4-SFXv3. But I send my idea to a heatsink manufacturer and they made the decision to create such an heatsink. My original plan was it to write this update together with the first prototype pictures and results, but some followers couldn’t wait any longer ;). Currently I can’t give you more information so please be patient.

Thank you for your support

Daniel

Kineticman

Caliper Novice
Mar 18, 2018
I guess it worked out I just ordered my HS from Korea a couple days before this news...
Hi
Would you share some details about this
Where did you exactly place this order
Any details about the heatsink itself
What's the lead time on delivery

Many thanks

naadofett

Cable Smoosher
Mar 11, 2018
Hi
Would you share some details about this
Where did you exactly place this order
Any details about the heatsink itself
What's the lead time on delivery

Many thanks

I decided to order a new LP53 off eBay (export Korea>USA). It just shipped via Korea Post yesterday. I don't know how long it takes to reach California.

Reactions: Kineticman

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
We need this asap, please @dondan *-*

Btw, I was searching about some similar CPU coolers, and just found this:

6 copper heatpipes, and only 44mm height with the bottom fan config. Based on some old Dan tests, it has pretty good cooling capabilities, and you can easily replace the 80mm fan for a bigger one.
Too bad it doesn't support newer sockets, maybe you can adapt it to 1151 in some way? I also wonder if Dan got inspired by it lol.

Anyway, let us know about any updates Dan. This will really be a game-changer in SFF, in my opinion ;)

Last edited:

Kineticman

Caliper Novice
Mar 18, 2018
I hope we hear something about this heatsink soon. Cryorig C7 just isn't cutting it It sounds like a jet engine and not that good at cooling the 7700k even at stock clocks and undervolted. If there's one thing I was looking forward to this year it was this cooler. As of now I don't know any ideal thermal (air cooler) solution for the A4.

Reactions: BernardoZ

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
I hope we hear something about this heatsink soon. Cryorig C7 just isn't cutting it It sounds like a jet engine and not that good at cooling the 7700k even at stock clocks and undervolted. If there's one thing I was looking forward to this year it was this cooler. As of now I don't know any ideal thermal (air cooler) solution for the A4.

Maybe lp53 with a different fan?

MTMeow

Cable Smoosher
Apr 24, 2018
see this

blubblob

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jul 26, 2016
What cooler is this?
The one on the left is one of the AXP-100 copper prototypes while the one on the right seems to be a "normal" AXP-100 just without the bottom-center extrusion of the fin-array.
Hopefully that's not what the HSLP-48 evolved too - the fin-array of the AXP-100 is only about 100x100mm.

*edit: my apologies, missed NinoPecorinos post that already identified the cooler on the left.

Last edited: