Prototype DAN HSLP-48: A powerful sub 50mm heatsink

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@MTMeow: Are you from Thermalright? If yes please share more infos. What dimensions does the AXP100 variation have?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
The left one is a default axp100 full copper edition and the right one a new variation with only the front fin pattern. This will allow for mounting a heatsink under the fin array. I hope MTMeow will give us more information.

MTMeow

Cable Smoosher
Apr 24, 2018
And maybe some people are interested in this.

It's a sample from Thermalright too.
130mm height with TY-127 1500 RPM.
Its performance like Macho120.maybe more.

Axp100 copper version will be listed for sale.

I am waiting for C4 SFX. How long.....

Naavjames

Trash Compacter
Mar 17, 2018
Lesson learned, don’t comment before reading the whole thread. @dondan
Great work my man, Shame it didn’t work out. I wonder if we could crowd fund people’s tinkering and experimenting for prototypes, I’d be down to donate.

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Lesson learned, don’t comment before reading the whole thread. @dondan
Great work my man, Shame it didn’t work out. I wonder if we could crowd fund people’s tinkering and experimenting for prototypes, I’d be down to donate.

It’s called patreon but someone has to be willing to do it <cough> <cough> Dan <cough>.

Reactions: Damascus

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018

I must know, WHEN! I'm super hyped for the AXP-100 copper, thermalright is my numero uno HS brand and I want a good comparison point for my custom made setup. Sent them an email about it actually, no response as of yet :(

Anyways, if you could hook me up with whoever it is I need to talk with to get one of them I'd be extremely grateful

Last edited:

dumplinknet

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 26, 2018
I was told the axp-100 in Cooper will be put into production with about 500 units? Can anyone confirm this? And where can I get one?

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
I can't really comment on it much right now as it is a review unit. I can say that if it is representative of the final product, it is definitely not worth the additional $20 over the regular C7. My Cryorig contact is going to send me an additional review unit though as apparently the one I have was part of a batch they think had a defect, so when I get the new unit I'm going to finish writing the review and post it here and on my website.

For those who can't wait, Cryorig C7 cu is for sale on Amazon if people want it, however might want to read above (above quote is from a different thread, link below)

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/custom-sff-mitx-aluminum-case.3480/page-16

Please take into consideration that this(on amazon) also may be partpof the defected batch. (One review on amazo said he only got a like 4* lower than his normal c7)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BKYJDGM/?tag=theminutiae-20

dumplinknet

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 26, 2018
For those who can't wait, Cryorig C7 cu is for sale on Amazon if people want it, however might want to read above (above quote is from a different thread, link below)

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/custom-sff-mitx-aluminum-case.3480/page-16

Please take into consideration that this(on amazon) also may be partpof the defected batch. (One review on amazo said he only got a like 4* lower than his normal c7)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BKYJDGM/?tag=theminutiae-20
I bought a copper c7 and it was viturually identical to my LP53. So yeah, it performs alright (don't expect miracles like 10C difference-which you won't) but the fan is incredibly obnoxious loud.

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
I bought a copper c7 and it was viturually identical to my LP53. So yeah, it performs alright (don't expect miracles like 10C difference-which you won't) but the fan is incredibly obnoxious loud.

From what it sounds like 5-7*C (according to all that I have dug up) is the max which is about a 10% performance increase if your CPU is running 75-85*C under load and ambient is 21*C.

Cryorig claims 10-15% increase, so that isn't far off their claim.

cobalt60

Chassis Packer
Aug 16, 2018
AXP-100 copper has begun to sell on Taobao.
http://dwz.cn/V61Hswbf
The standard version is 529RMB (77USD)
Graphene version is 599RMB (87USD
Currently only in China.

Any idea if this would be released in the US?

I switched from Scythe Shuriken 2 to Noctua L12S on 8700k clocked at 4.7Ghz. Definitely improved thermals but height is just not going along with ML-08 and I don't want to dremel the vents (yet). Hoping this would get the temps down.

rcradiator

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 23, 2018

What cooler is that, and where can I get one? From what I'm seeing, this would most likely be the best tower cooler for the Ncase M1.

D

Deleted member 3671

I stumbled on this thread a few days ago and after looking at the Thermalright site, I didn't see either the AXP-100 Full Copper or the tower cooler that fits in the NCASE. Checking today, I see the AXP-100 Full Copper now listed on Thermalright's site:
http://thermalright.com/product-category/heatsink/
I also decided to shoot an email to Thermalright about the tower cooler, they currently have one listed that looks identical but its 17mm taller (Silver Arrow ITX-R). I don't know if the production run ended up being taller or they still have a shorter one coming. I'll let you know when I get a response. @rcradiator

MTMeow

Cable Smoosher
Apr 24, 2018
What cooler is that, and where can I get one? From what I'm seeing, this would most likely be the best tower cooler for the Ncase M1.
This radiator will be released in September. It's 130mm hight.with 12cm fan 1500 or 1800 RPM.
They are also trying to make a radiator with a height of 135 mm.
It may be called Macho120P.A 135 mm hight radiator with 12cm fan. 5 heatpipes.
There is also a new version of TS90. called TS90P.Upgrade to 4 heatpipes.

TeutonJon78

Average Stuffer
Jun 7, 2018
This radiator will be released in September. It's 130mm hight.with 12cm fan 1500 or 1800 RPM..

Ohh...please keep us informed. It seems like it might beat the U9S/D9L, especially if you can mount a 120mm fan on it. Do you happen to know the TDP it's designed for?