Prototype DAN HSLP-48: A powerful sub 50mm heatsink

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
Meanwhile, removing the Black Ridge and back to the L9a, adding one fan under the MB, I was able to achieve 3.7Ghz under 30 minutes of Prime with my 2700X, 0.1 Undervolt.

AURMEND

Destroyer of PCs
A&M Solutions and Design LLC
Jul 30, 2018
wait, i just received mine today, does that mean i shouldn't install it?

AURMEND

Destroyer of PCs
A&M Solutions and Design LLC
Jul 30, 2018
well good thing i ordered the NH-L9i as a backup

EDIT: i wonder if their is a way for us to ghetto rig it so it can work. I have no idea if im going to have to pay another $30 for shipping

Last edited:
Reactions: fabio

cj360

Average Stuffer
Jan 25, 2017
That sucks the first batch was malformed, nice to hear they're sending out replacements to anyone that bought one.

Reactions: fabio

SilQ

Cable Smoosher
Apr 16, 2018
Hi everyone,

It looks like the new Alpenfön Black Ridge has some manufacturing problems. Some heatpipes are not soldered correctly with the base. Maybe you know I can’t give support by myself because it is not my product. My name is only printed on the carton because I helped EKL Alpenfön in the development process. However I forward the manufacturing problems to EKL and they ask me if I can post the following statement (I translate it from German to English):

“Dear customers, the first review samples were not affected by the problem, so we start producing the first batch with a rush order. This first batch is affected by the problem and is a result from quick manufacturing. We are very sorry about it. All already ready new batches and future batches will not have this problem. We informed all resellers. The resellers will contact you for a replacement process. We guarantee an easy replacement of the product. We feel very sorry that this happened due to quick manufacturing and we ask your forgiveness. - EKL”

Furthermore they confirmed that the current version with bad soldering will not perform as good as the flawless version. So everyone will get a new flawless version.

With best regards
Daniel Hansen

dondan, where you get this information.
My reseller want official announcement.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@SilQ:
Maybe you know I can’t give support by myself because it is not my product. My name is only printed on the carton because I helped EKL Alpenfön in the development process.

I can't help you but maybe this helps: I don't know where you ordered. OCUK & Caseking should be informed. If you are using a sub reseller that source from OCUK or Caseking I think it would be the best to contact EKL Alpenfön itself: https://www.alpenfoehn.de/en/kontakt-2/question-about-a-product

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I ordered the ram kit from B&H photo. However it looks to be discontinued on the website now.
But it is ECC and Registered?? Are you using it with AMD or Intel? Because the only UDIMM that I've found is the Innodisk of that density nad speed.
And I don't know if the ECC or Registered could work on the Z390/Intel Platform.

Reactions: Nanook

NinoPecorino

Tweezer Squeezer
Platinum Supporter
Nov 24, 2017
it says "eudimm" on the package, which crucial uses to denote ecc unregistered dimms. i'm not sure about intel compatibility but amd definitely plays nice with ecc ram.

edit: as far as i know intel desktop chips don't natively support ecc memory, aside from the 8th gen i3 SKUs, but i don't know of any consumer intel motherboards that support that feature.

Last edited:

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Aw yiss, Silverstone has release an Adressable RGB slim 120mm fan!
The SilverStone FW124 Slim ARGB Fan 120mm

Looks pretty dope.
Gonna get one for my *replacement* BlackRidge!
Should look neat with the lights shining through the fins.

Reactions: Nanook

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
But it is ECC and Registered?? Are you using it with AMD or Intel? Because the only UDIMM that I've found is the Innodisk of that density nad speed.
And I don't know if the ECC or Registered could work on the Z390/Intel Platform.
It wasn’t easy to find, was back-ordered / special order, and not returnable. It is ECC but unregistered. It doesn’t have the extra chip in the middle of the dimm that I usually see on other ECC/ Registered server ram. The ram chips are Micron. Internet searches said it should work, so I took a chance. It runs on my Asus Strix Z390i & 9900K. I’ve ran a short 10 minute Prime 95 to test the ram. So far so good. I haven’t tried tightening the timings yet. I’ll report back if I find any instability.

Damascus

Master of Cramming
Feb 27, 2018
Aw yiss, Silverstone has release an Adressable RGB slim 120mm fan!
The SilverStone FW124 Slim ARGB Fan 120mm

Looks pretty dope.
Gonna get one for my *replacement* BlackRidge!
Should look neat with the lights shining through the fins.
Not bad, I have the blue frame silverstone slim and it's decent (vert middle of the road) but I think the first slim rgb fan deserves props

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
It wasn’t easy to find, was back-ordered / special order, and not returnable. It is ECC but unregistered. It doesn’t have the extra chip in the middle of the dimm that I usually see on other ECC/ Registered server ram. The ram chips are Micron. Internet searches said it should work, so I took a chance. It runs on my Asus Strix Z390i & 9900K. I’ve ran a short 10 minute Prime 95 to test the ram. So far so good. I haven’t tried tightening the timings yet. I’ll report back if I find any instability.
This is good to know! So the ECC works one the Asus Z390, of course without using the ECC. I was buying the Innodisk/Samsung instead, but there is no kit, o my single module!

Saici

Caliper Novice
Mar 25, 2017
Hi everyone,

It looks like the new Alpenfön Black Ridge has some manufacturing problems. Some heatpipes are not soldered correctly with the base. Maybe you know I can’t give support by myself because it is not my product. My name is only printed on the carton because I helped EKL Alpenfön in the development process. However I forward the manufacturing problems to EKL and they ask me if I can post the following statement (I translate it from German to English):

“Dear customers, the first review samples were not affected by the problem, so we start producing the first batch with a rush order. This first batch is affected by the problem and is a result from quick manufacturing. We are very sorry about it. All already ready new batches and future batches will not have this problem. We informed all resellers. The resellers will contact you for a replacement process. We guarantee an easy replacement of the product. We feel very sorry that this happened due to quick manufacturing and we ask your forgiveness. - EKL”

Furthermore they confirmed that the current version with bad soldering will not perform as good as the flawless version. So everyone will get a new flawless version.

With best regards
Daniel Hansen

Gotta give props to EKL for immediately acting and recalling.
It's a niche product already and that probably costs them a good chunk of money.