Dan Case A4 with 7900X, Asrock x299 itx, 32 GB ram and a FTW3...

KDC

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Dec 29, 2017
Intro:
I work as a CG generalist which means I travel a lot. It also means that I HATE not having my machine at hand, not having my libraries, my script and my routine when starting a new gig. Sometimes having everything where you left it just makes thing so much faster. So what to do when next step is half way around the globe?.... You buy a shoe box and fill it to the brim and call it a workstation.

So yesterday my silver Dan case arrived (V1).

A couple of hours later I had drained my full costum loop, torn down my entire build, stripped the In Win 301 to the bone and re-mounted the stock heatsink for the ftw3.

This is the result for now:

Dan case a4 v1

I9 7900x w. Dynatron R15 / A-2 + Noctua NF-A9x14

Asrock x299itx-ac

32 gb Corsair vengance 2400mhz

EVGA 1080 TI FTW3

1TB WB blue SSD storage

500gb Evo 960 Nvme

SF600 w. sleeved cable kit.

At the moment I am still awaiting the delid tool which should hopefully arrive tomorrow, but for now I am sitting at idle 28-34 celcius, Load 89-95 celcius. Not to bad considering the very very tiny cooler on this thing compared to the massive 2x240 + 1x 120mm loop in the 301 case.. So far very pleased!

Now I am just waiting a bit for some daylight to snap a few pictures to show off the glorious 10-core shoe box from hell.

KDC

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Dec 29, 2017
*Followed instantly*

May I ask, why aren't you using the Asetek 545lc? It is in stock again on their website... At least it was yesterday when I orderen mine
;)

-Would you believe that I actually owned one with my x99 Ncase setup, but I sold it.... I never learn haha!

As I might (fingers crossed) have to leave for a job in China shortly (7-10 day until departure) I didn't want to risk having no cooler due so took the safe route and ordered the R15 which was in stock at a German retailer, so delivery within time was almost a certain going with that one.

But I'll most likely will be putting a 545lc in there at some point in the future. Currently awaiting the delid tool which is being shipped with mail from Norway, and hoping for a - 10ish C drop if lucky. If more then great!

Reactions: rosinbole

lac29

Average Stuffer
Apr 1, 2017
Post up some photos! And do you have a website for your portfolio? I'd be interested in taking a look at some of your work.

rcodi

SFF Gamer
Aug 5, 2017
Are you planning to ship the computer to the next location or fly with it? Should be able to fit in a carry on bag.

KDC

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Dec 29, 2017
Post up some photos! And do you have a website for your portfolio? I'd be interested in taking a look at some of your work.

Snapping a few this evening. Sadly I only have my old One + X to work with so quality might be compromised.

As for website, Sure you can have a look at what I do, although I haven't really updated my site in almost 2 years now :/ Damn how time flies!

I just recently finished work on Along with the Gods: The Two Worlds (An Korean fantasy blowout) as environment artist on some cool stuff. Currently I am CG lead on the Disney X D Big Hero 6 series, but always looking for that next challenge and amazing project that would rock my socks of.

I've recently made an quick'n'dirty reel update which shows what I've done the last year or so. -PM me for the site address and reel password.

KDC

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Dec 29, 2017
Are you planning to ship the computer to the next location or fly with it? Should be able to fit in a carry on bag.
Planning on this being a carry on. Never ever ever trust the luggage handling in an airport. Stuff gets real rough, and ain't nobody got time for that!
As for the 545lc, I might skip on it actually due to the whole 100ml liquid thing onboard planes.

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
That's a lotta horsepower in there, a brilliant travel rig.
Well, on balance, it's brilliant even in a bigger case; especially with that super long 1080TI crammed in there!
I always link to my Imgur account, I don't think there's andy direct picture setup on here.

rcodi

SFF Gamer
Aug 5, 2017
Planning on this being a carry on. Never ever ever trust the luggage handling in an airport. Stuff gets real rough, and ain't nobody got time for that!
As for the 545lc, I might skip on it actually due to the whole 100ml liquid thing onboard planes.

Yeah I wouldn't trust any computer (especially a custom build) in checked baggage even a laptop. Sweet build it's great to see a traveling rig.

Wantabiggercpu

Trash Compacter
Feb 8, 2018
At first: Insane!

I am not an expert but this may get very hot in there. Even with delid how will the heat of 7900X + 1080 Ti FTW3 get out there?

I am very excited to see temperatures.

Wantabiggercpu

Trash Compacter
Feb 8, 2018
Currently its being cooled by a Dynatron r15 + a Noctua NF-A9x14. Would like a harder punching fan though, but havent stumbled upon any good alternatives to the NF-A9x14 yet. Cooler itself is this https://www.dynatron.co/product-page/r15

So what temps do you get with Dynatron r15 and the Noctua fan?

I think your build would love Daniel's new C4 case with 240 mm AiO when it is available. It is bigger but who cares about this 2L when cooling is much better.

Reactions: rosinbole

KDC

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Dec 29, 2017
If he delid the 7900x and don't run prime the CPU will not see 90°C.
Hi Dan!
I suspect you'd be right in that assumption.
Currently at stock settings (and no delid) hitting 93°C after a 30 min run of AIDA64.

Testing "long-load" by rendering with Vray/Arnold/Mental ray and seeing a max packet temp of 91°C. -Still too toasty for overnight renders though. Lets just say I really really want this delid tool to arrive soon!

Dan, -would you'd be interested in seeing what that pretty little HSLP-48 could do here? In case you have one of those fancy samples lying around not doing nothing.

-Thanks for a great designed enclosure, tickles my touchy bits by every glance.

Wantabiggercpu

Trash Compacter
Feb 8, 2018
Hi Dan!
I suspect you'd be right in that assumption.
Currently at stock settings (and no delid) hitting 93°C after a 30 min run of AIDA64.

Testing "long-load" by rendering with Vray/Arnold/Mental ray and seeing a max packet temp of 91°C. -Still too toasty for overnight renders though. Lets just say I really really want this delid tool to arrive soon!

Dan, -would you'd be interested in seeing what that pretty little HSLP-48 could do here? In case you have one of those fancy samples lying around not doing nothing.

-Thanks for a great designed enclosure, tickles my touchy bits by every glance.

So the 93°C is with delid right? I think this is pretty ok in that small case on a 10 core cpu with an 1080 Ti FTW3. Would also be very interested in the temps with another cooler.

KDC

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Dec 29, 2017
So the 93°C is with delid right? I think this is pretty ok in that small case on a 10 core cpu with an 1080 Ti FTW3. Would also be very interested in the temps with another cooler.

93°C without delid actually.. :thumb:
The tool is supposedly arriving mid next week so delid is happing the coming weekend. Also want to drill a few vents on the IO cover top end as there is with a bit of luck just about enough room to fit an 40x40mm fan there..

MarcParis

Spatial Philosopher
Apr 1, 2016
93°C without delid actually.. :thumb:
The tool is supposedly arriving mid next week so delid is happing the coming weekend. Also want to drill a few vents on the IO cover top end as there is with a bit of luck just about enough room to fit an 40x40mm fan there..
Nice build indeed!
I’m still amazed that ftx 1080ti fits easily in dan a4 case..:)