DAN C4-SFX - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@Shasmeina I think for your case the best cooling solution would be a 240 AIO for the CPU and air cooling on the GPU.

@Arboreal I would go with the Corsair 450W this gives the most space under the psu for tubes.

Reactions: Arboreal

Lord Fuddle

Efficiency Noob
Mar 15, 2018
Hi can’t wait to get one of these. You mentioned a few pages back that you was thinking about selling the 2.5 riser together with the window kit. Personally I will be using the standard panel, which would make getting the needed 2.5 slot riser expensive, have you thought any more about this. My apologies if I missed something.

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
Hi can’t wait to get one of these. You mentioned a few pages back that you was thinking about selling the 2.5 riser together with the window kit. Personally I will be using the standard panel, which would make getting the needed 2.5 slot riser expensive, have you thought any more about this. My apologies if I missed something.
Depends on your opinion of expensive. I was able to get a 300mm riser from Taobao for $30 all in.

Lord Fuddle

Efficiency Noob
Mar 15, 2018
Depends on your opinion of expensive. I was able to get a 300mm riser from Taobao for $30 all in.
Must admit I didn’t think about sourcing one myself. Just figured it would be a waste to have to buy a window kit just to get the riser.

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
Must admit I didn’t think about sourcing one myself. Just figured it would be a waste to have to buy a window kit just to get the riser.
It totally makes sense. I kind of like how Sliger is selling the Cerberus but I also don't like the mounting cost as you select more options.

I agree it would be ideal picking one up through the standard purchase process.

EXILE157

Case Bender
Apr 27, 2018

[/QUOTE] That DAN-C4 SFX with Tampered Glass looks simply beautiful. I believe you mention before getting the Alphacool system is the way to go for this type of case.

Another thing you mentioned
"if you have a last generate GPU and it isn't on the list send them your card and get a free GPU block"
Are you saying we get a free GPU block if I have a older GPU not on their list?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I think it will onky work for the current generation. But you can ask them.I

Michael1635

Minimal Tinkerer
Apr 28, 2018
Hey @dondan
Love the case! Just wondering if you've got hold of the two prototypes yet, and if they'll have the 2mm tempered glass from the supplier you found?

Also as the dust hasn't settled on the IO situation yet, I'd like to throw my hat into the ring. Although I adore both designs and will almost certainly purchase a C4-SFX regardless, I prefer the design with the IO on top of the case. It looks much cleaner, and the tempered glass looks much smarter without the curves. Also, putting those curves in the tempered glass must be noticeably more expensive then just a rectangular panel.

I'm sure this has already been asked... but will you be testing any custom loop components when you get the prototypes?

Keep up the good work!

Mike

Last edited:

wabbit

Efficiency Noob
Apr 28, 2018
Registered here just for this case, loving the progress.

If I can lay my hands on one of these there will certainly be wood involved.

Lovely looking project. If it comes to a kickstarter; I’ll be there.

dumplinknet

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 26, 2018
I think it will onky work for the current generation. But you can ask them.I
Dan, is there any Way you can make the C4 case without any Logo branding visible on the front face?
I think it'll look more elegant and cleaner without it.
Kinda like how Samsung removed their Logo off the front of their phone and became huge hits! S8, S9

rosinbole

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jan 18, 2018
www.instagram.com
I was wishing to drop the gpu noice with an aio.
http://www.idcooling.com/News/detail/id/72
Do you think something like this would fit?
I think a better choice would alphacools eisbaer tg. The tg is important, else you will get the old version. With that you can expand it with a gpu block and you have the option to get a pump in the gpu block as well. Other than that, I'd just expect it to be of higher quality since it's alphacool.

Status
Not open for further replies.