DAN C4-SFX

Albatross1486

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 9, 2023
Now that I have a pre-order for a case, I have a question about cooling. I'm going to use a Thermalright Silver Soul 135, a pair of Arctic P14 slims on top, and a P14 25mm on the side as exhaust. If I want to put a 92mm intake on the back, should I go slim or 25mm? For $8 I can pick up a Thermalright TL-9015, which is slim, but if the room is there for a thicker fan, that'd give more airflow.

Edit: ordered a slim. It was cheap and gives more fitment options.

Last edited:

bushonpen

Caliper Novice
May 18, 2020
Sry guys for wired product launch - i used links to the resseler DAN Cases brand pages where all of my products are listed. Too bad these pages wasnt update from the shop software so no one was able to see the product listing. The problem is fixed and now the links does work.

ComputerOrbit is sold out but will get net stock as fast as possible from Caseking.

Sry for the trouble it was also not so nice for me :(

Regards

Daniel
Thank you! I ordered mine from CaseKindg

Reactions: Arboreal and dondan

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
Not sure if Overclockers (UK) sold out straight away or haven't had stock yet as they are showing as Pre Order...

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
This is normal because units are still in transit from Caseking to them - should arrive within the next 10 days :) the big question is how many preorders they have. If preorders are bigger than the current transit they will have to reorder from caseking again that will take another 14 days. As long Caseking does have stock they can also restock every 14days

Reactions: Oggie and Arboreal

JoeG

Efficiency Noob
May 16, 2023
I've managed to get my preorder in from OCUK, but got a question regarding SFX-L PSUs. When using the air duct for nvidia FE GPUs is there enough space for an SFX-L PSU underneath? From what I've seen there should be but I'm not 100% certain.

Reason I'm asking is that the SF750 is currently impossible to find in the UK, so I've got an Asus ROG Loki SFX-L 750W on order.

Curetia

Chassis Packer
Jan 7, 2021
I've managed to get my preorder in from OCUK, but got a question regarding SFX-L PSUs. When using the air duct for nvidia FE GPUs is there enough space for an SFX-L PSU underneath? From what I've seen there should be but I'm not 100% certain.

Reason I'm asking is that the SF750 is currently impossible to find in the UK, so I've got an Asus ROG Loki SFX-L 750W on order.
Here you can see a picture with a Asus Loki: https://www.hardwareluxx.de/community/threads/dan-c4-sfx.1263868/post-29904521
He uses the front mount for the PSU because there was not enough space on top if u use the air duct.

Reactions: JoeG

Antioch

Trash Compacter
Oct 15, 2019
The silver and black are on pcpartpicker. That's new in the last few days.
Yeah, but the supported GPU dimensions are wrong, so PCPartPicker will complain about graphics card incompatibility with the C4.

Note: according to the official website, the C4 has two different GPU dimensions that it supports based on the number of slots the card requires. PPP doesn't understand this.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Yeah, but the supported GPU dimensions are wrong, so PCPartPicker will complain about graphics card incompatibility with the C4.

Note: according to the official website, the C4 has two different GPU dimensions that it supports based on the number of slots the card requires. PPP doesn't understand this.
PCPartPicker is a good place to investigate hardware compatibility.
But, to me, its main usefulness lies in its ''Completed Builds'' where people actually showcase their builds, most often with pics. Those precious pics are the solid evidence of whether a hardware part fits or not fits.

Reactions: rfarmer and Antioch

Nicaluck

Efficiency Noob
Feb 20, 2022
I just received my DAN CASE C4-SFXv1 SILVER!
I am excited about the beauty of the case!
Also unexpectedly beautiful is the printed design on the outer box!

I have been waiting for this case ever since I was impressed by the beautiful rendered image of an old C4 with the NH-C14S heatsink sitting on it on the official website many years ago. (I can still wait as long as I want)
From that point on, the purchase of the C4 became a sure thing for me and I bought the NH-C14S even though I didn't have a case for it.

I have also seen the evolution to the new C4.
You have been honest with many of us here and in other communities and you have also shown a lot of effort in the GPU transition.
The NH-C14S heatsink is no longer claimed right there on the side panel, but you have packed it with many more new features and theories to create a new beauty.
We hereby express our utmost respect and gratitude.

Sorry for the unhelpful of this post just to spread my own honey.

I purchased it from DIRAC through a retailer.

Antioch

Trash Compacter
Oct 15, 2019
@dondan I hadn't found this in the thread and due to the poor product naming it's been tough to get a clear answer via Google, but I wanted to confirm that the PNY Verto 4090 non-GRB/non-XLR8 will fit the C4.

I ask because the C4 website reports the following GPU clearance:
up to 3.5 Slot GPU
Height: 145 mm (PCIe power sockets neets to be 15mm lower)
Width: 70 mm
Length: 336mm
And PNY states that the 4090 Verto is:
337 mm x 143 mm x 60 mm (converted from 13.26" x 5.63" x 2.33")

Of interest here is that the length is 1mm over size, and the height is 3mm below the limit but I can't tell from product pictures if the PCIe power socket is "15mm lower" or not as I'm not sure how you're measuring that (and because I don't have the card).

Thanks for your help!

Bullz

Trash Compacter
Apr 30, 2018
What would be the best cooling combinations.

Current Config: 5900x with Noctua NH-U9S. Both Noctoa fans that are on it are intake. The side is outtake. GPU is a 3080 with intake. Otherwise there are no fans in the case.

Would like to do a housing exchange without exchanging the parts.

Future combination would be: Amd 7800x3d and geforce 4090 each with slight undervolting for a sweet spot.

couchpotato

Caliper Novice
Oct 14, 2019
I just received my DAN CASE C4-SFXv1 SILVER!
I am excited about the beauty of the case!
Also unexpectedly beautiful is the printed design on the outer box!

I have been waiting for this case ever since I was impressed by the beautiful rendered image of an old C4 with the NH-C14S heatsink sitting on it on the official website many years ago. (I can still wait as long as I want)
From that point on, the purchase of the C4 became a sure thing for me and I bought the NH-C14S even though I didn't have a case for it.

I have also seen the evolution to the new C4.
You have been honest with many of us here and in other communities and you have also shown a lot of effort in the GPU transition.
The NH-C14S heatsink is no longer claimed right there on the side panel, but you have packed it with many more new features and theories to create a new beauty.
We hereby express our utmost respect and gratitude.

Sorry for the unhelpful of this post just to spread my own honey.

I purchased it from DIRAC through a retailer.
PLease post a few photos of your build after you finish it.