DAN C4-SFX

wertzius

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 13, 2022
@Curetia Just get a power saving SSD - not a top of the line SSD for the back slot. Something like a P31 gold. Most power efficient SSD - often recommended for laptops and tight spaces. You won't notice a difference anyway and still can use a PCIe 4.0 on the front for OS and AAA titles.
P41 Platinum would be the PCIe 4.0 version.

Reactions: Curetia

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Currently not allowed.

Allowed for all resellers with an offical placed order while the container is in transit. Not allowed for resllers that not have orders in the pipeline!

Thx, do you have any suggestions for using this slot or is there no problem with heat on the M2 SSD?

I have no problems with my Samsung SSD 980

Reactions: Curetia

Chippunk

Chassis Packer
Apr 18, 2023
@m4nii
Would you be so kind to measure the exact thickness of the alphacool block + pcb + backplate? Iam not sure about the phanteks slim 140s since the reviews are somewhat horrible and hoping to fit 25 mm fans with the slim high perfomance alphacool rad while still maintaining a gap for the air to actually reach the fans :D

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
Can you share your analyse so far?
Sorry for the rather late response as I really have not done much comparison. One reason is that there is very little info of the M1EVO and C4-SFX has only been reviewed by one website.

Anyway, what I have now is:-

1. Z13 14.6L 340x170x255 (14.6L), 138mm cooler, 315mm GPU
2. Acat x2 328x164x264 (14.2L), 138mm cooler, 314mm GPU

3. M1EVO 366x160x256 (14.99L) , 135mm cooler, 360mm GPU
4. C4-SFX 350x166x274 (14.7L), 145mm cooler, 336mm GPU

1 and 2 are traditional layout.
3 and 4 have inverted layout.

1. COOJ Z13
pros
‧screwless CNC all aluminium unibody enclosure (ie no joint/gap due to side panels)
‧v2 has improved upon v1
‧material and construction quality is probably best in this list.
‧USD 232 (Taobao price) + shipping is cheap as I reside in China
‧max 6 fans supported

cons
‧not max compatibility with longer GPUs
‧max GPU thickness is 65mm
[Edited on 2023-05-11] bad customer service, (1) breaking promised dates of availability and (2) not replying to Taobao/QQ messages. This could be a real deal breaker! How unfortunate!

Ref video review:-

2. Acat x2
pros
‧USD 188 (Taobao price) + shipping is cheap to me in China
‧max 4 fans
‧CNC enclosure with no visible external screws

cons
‧PSU connection uses uncommon plug
‧not max compatibility with longer GPUs
‧max GPU thickness is 65mm

Ref video review:-

3. NCase M1EVO
pros
‧longest GPU
‧Price starts at USD 200, lower than the 2 above. However, the key word is ''starts'', which means the price will go up with options/accessories/configurations. No details yet. Probably the cheapest of all 4.

cons
(Really cannot say much as this case is least known among the four.)

4. Dan C4-SFX
pros
‧tallest air cooler 145mm
‧USD 220
‧5 fans

cons
‧one minor concern is the fitting, particularly the side panels onto the main body. From various pics and OT's review, I notice the side panels seem to 'bulge' a tiny bit at the mid section, instead of totally flushed. See pic below for example.
‧have to order from Newegg and not sure about the shipping cost

Review video:-
Optimium Tech

I will build 1 system for a family member and then most likely another one for myself.
These 2 builds will both be ''all-air-cooling'' builds and so I have not considered very much the watercooling capability of the cases.
The air cooler in mind is Thermalright Silver Soul 135 which can be fitted into all these 4 cases.

I reckon, if one wants max compatibility+highest end components+ max out every single c internal volume, 3 and 4 might be better?

So far, I am thinking I will buy one between 1 and 2, and another case between 3 and 4.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oggie and rfarmer

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@tinyitx OptimumTech did not route the 12vhpwr careful enough so it pushed hard against the side panel.

Here is how it looks like correct:

Last edited:

AHMO

Case Bender
New User
Dec 31, 2022
@dondan you used the officall unsleeved 12VHPWR cable from corsair, right?

They are also selling a premium sleeved one. Will the premium sleeved one work as good as the unsleeved one you used in your built without bending the side panel?

Dampfbox

Cable-Tie Ninja
Bronze Supporter
Aug 9, 2022
Will the premium sleeved one work as good as the unsleeved one you used in your built without bending the side panel?
I used the "Premium Sleeved" one in an A4-H2O + RTX4070 ti and it did not feel like it would put a lot a force on the panel it is pressed against. However, in the A4-H2O it only pushes against the bottom panel, which is screwed in.

Still I'd say it did bend pretty nicely. I have no comparison to the unsleeved version though, since that was not available back then :)

m4nii

Trash Compacter
Feb 22, 2022
@m4nii
Would you be so kind to measure the exact thickness of the alphacool block + pcb + backplate? Iam not sure about the phanteks slim 140s since the reviews are somewhat horrible and hoping to fit 25 mm fans with the slim high perfomance alphacool rad while still maintaining a gap for the air to actually reach the fans :D
Hi, the overall thickness is 22mm, but the in/outlet ports are slightly wider than the package, which adds another 1-2mm on the rear side. (I'm sorry but i have no exact measuring tool). So its ~24mm at max at its thickest position.

Chippunk

Chassis Packer
Apr 18, 2023
Hi, the overall thickness is 22mm, but the in/outlet ports are slightly wider than the package, which adds another 1-2mm on the rear side. (I'm sorry but i have no exact measuring tool). So its ~24mm at max at its thickest position.
Thanks a lot!

Kundahli

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 29, 2017
@dondan: I'm curious about the 336mm/340mm GPU length restriction - is this limited by the top I/O and power button or a hard stop from the chassis structure?

If the former, would removing the power button and USB connections allow slightly longer cards to fit, for example the Gigabyte 4080 Eagle which comes in at 342mm?

Thanks!

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Yes it does come frome the top I/O.

The Eagle will not fit with 150mm the height is too much and also the length of 342 will not fit.

Reactions: Kundahli

midefix

What's an ITX?
New User
May 5, 2023
Hello,
does anyone know the final maximum possible width of the GPU?
I would like to use a 4090FE with waterblock. I think only those with the rear connector will work.

@dondan Hey, could you provide an STL file of the inner structure? Then we could use Fusion 360 or similar to better plan our builds. Especially for custom loops this would be very interesting.

Mod edit : merged you two posts

Last edited by a moderator: