DAN C4-SFX

Daemos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2017

Thank you, stay safe
Daniel

For what it's worth, I think this top panel with the power button really makes the case look much better than with the slotted vents as it's more consistant with the entire case.

It is also great to see that 25mm fans can be used with a 2 slot GPU it seems...

It also seems there is the potential for a dual 240 radiator setup if the GPU is also water cooled using an LT240 + 25mm thick fans and a TX240 with 15mm fans...would be really good for cooling potential.

Last edited:
Reactions: Madhawk1995

Phreno

Trash Compacter
May 24, 2020
Looks like the top panel would need to be a lot thicker for the slotted vents to be rigid enough.

You can see the sample that arrived with the slotted top here:

Although I preferred the slots in the rending, I like the holes better in the actual metal.

Oh i missed those pictures! Yeah i still like from a design perspective, but on the manifacturing side they don't look really good, they seems slighty bent already, the hemming process on the edges surely doesn't help to maintain the shape.

Holes are a more viable solution.

Madhawk1995

Average Stuffer
Sep 9, 2019
For what it's worth, I think this top panel with the power button really makes the case look much better than with the slotted vents as it's more consistant with the entire case.

It is also great to see that 25mm fans can be used with a 2 slot
It also seems there is the potential for a dual 240 radiator setup if the GPU is also water cooled using an LT240 + 25mm thick fans and a TX240 with 15mm fans...would be really good for cooling potential.

1. Either that or power button on back like T1.

2. I believe bro. If it's possible, then I'm super hyped.
Regardless, I know I am selling my ghost s1 for this and/or the t1.

Daemos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 3, 2017
1. Either that or power button on back like T1.

2. I believe bro. If it's possible, then I'm super hyped.
Regardless, I know I am selling my ghost s1 for this and/or the t1.

I just wonder if there is enough space in the Dan C4 for a GPU waterblock...given the Ncase M1 is almost 13mm wider and it already looked pretty tight.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
New Cooler Master ITX case on the way. Seems familiar.

You are too slow :p I already saw it on reddit and I left a comment:

QUOTE from reddit:

>> could swear that I have seen something similar in the past...but I like it.

Btw I think I found the dimension of this based on experience and some ref points like USB port and GPU.

It looks like it will be :
Width 160-170mm
Height: ~280mm
Length: 350-360mm

Volume: 15.7L - 17.1L <<

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018
New Cooler Master ITX case on the way. Seems familiar.

It's fine I think, because ultimately this CM case serves a different segment to the C4, different volumes, pricepoints, quality, aesthetic and many more. The closest comparison I could think of the the TU150 and M1, both are great.

happa

Cable Smoosher
Apr 15, 2020
I'm actually super excited for the CM case. Getting an actual SFF case that doesn't suck into the mainstream would be a huge boon for the community.

Reactions: muSashi

bushonpen

Caliper Novice
May 18, 2020
It's fine I think, because ultimately this CM case serves a different segment to the C4, different volumes, pricepoints, quality, aesthetic and many more. The closest comparison I could think of the the TU150 and M1, both are great.
I'm actually super excited for the CM case. Getting an actual SFF case that doesn't suck into the mainstream would be a huge boon for the community.
I totally agree, the more cases we get especially from big manufacturers, the more ITX will stop being a niche PC parts market.Given the limited quantity and availability of most ITX cases, it apparent that there is a high demand that needs to be satisfied. Also, some people don't have the budget for a 150$+ case and would compromise quality. All of this should lead to an increase of the ITX market, which should make motherboard and PSU makers to focus more on the SFF community and hopefully decrease the prices and offer a wider variety of products. Would love to see more AIO that are optimized for small spaces like the Alphacool LT240.

jaeparku

Cable-Tie Ninja
Oct 19, 2018
It looks like it will be :
Width 160-170mm
Height: ~280mm
Length: 350-360mm

Volume: 15.7L - 17.1L <<

Yeah, that's too big for me. I think 12-13 L is the absolute max size I would go for. 5L is the minimum. This is after going through Ncase, Velka (HTPC), Node 202, Ghost.

McPhee

Trash Compacter
Feb 19, 2020
Despite the initial visual similarities, it seems to be a very different case to the C4.

From posts made on Reddit by someone at CM, it seems like the case could be under $100. It's made from steel. Cooler compatibility is comparatively massive; ~160mm CPU cooler clearance, at least 240mm radiator support (hinted at larger or possibly multiple radiators), and support for almost any GPU.

It makes sense for what it's intended to be; a competent SFF case designed to make downsizing simple. But footprint is likely in the same region as other small mid-towers.

Quite a different thing to the C4 really. More akin to what the C4 would be if Dan tried to accommodate all of the requests people make ?

• Haha
Reactions: ignsvn

muSashi

Chassis Packer
Feb 11, 2019
Despite the initial visual similarities, it seems to be a very different case to the C4.

From posts made on Reddit by someone at CM, it seems like the case could be under $100. It's made from steel. Cooler compatibility is comparatively massive; ~160mm CPU cooler clearance, at least 240mm radiator support (hinted at larger or possibly multiple radiators), and support for almost any GPU.

It makes sense for what it's intended to be; a competent SFF case designed to make downsizing simple. But footprint is likely in the same region as other small mid-towers.

Quite a different thing to the C4 really. More akin to what the C4 would be if Dan tried to accommodate all of the requests people make ?

For me it looked like a ripoff of the final C4-build. I would be surprise if it is that much larger than Dans case. Either way, its always good with competition on this niche market.

McPhee

Trash Compacter
Feb 19, 2020
For me it looked like a ripoff of the final C4-build. I would be surprise if it is that much larger than Dans case. Either way, its always good with competition on this niche market.

Some media outlets had prototypes as early as January last year. Others got to see the case at Computex last year. Then there was a focus group (IIRC) last year that was held with members of the SFF and general PC building communities. From what the CM employee is writing, it seems like the case would have been released by now, but for Covid-19. Some retailers already have stock (which is where the photos have come from), but CM are holding off for a global launch without stock shortages (i.e. the opposite of what NZXT have done).

The current C4 design was unveiled by Dan in February.

Seems like the visual similarities are little more than a coincidence. The timeline doesn't really support the idea that the new CM case is a copy of the C4.

Last edited:

Ghillie

Caliper Novice
Feb 25, 2020
The russian overclockers had an article about the upcoming Coolermaster Masterbox NR200 this morning;
Has some rough dimensions and an estimated price: "width of 160-170 mm, a height of about 180 mm and a length of 350-360 mm" and should be $100.
Personally I'm happy that a mainstream company is entering the sff space properly (aside from my tu150 which is pretty chunky for an sff). The coolermaster looks like a solid low cost offering, but looks kinda meh compared to the C4 imo and no doubt the build quality will be significantly lower. Happy that we'll have 2 cases filling different price brackets soon enough, at the same time Noctua said on instagram they'll be releasing a Chromax NF-U12 :)

Reactions: Khanele

McPhee

Trash Compacter
Feb 19, 2020
The russian overclockers had an article about the upcoming Coolermaster Masterbox NR200 this morning;
Has some rough dimensions and an estimated price: "width of 160-170 mm, a height of about 180 mm and a length of 350-360 mm" and should be $100.
Personally I'm happy that a mainstream company is entering the sff space properly (aside from my tu150 which is pretty chunky for an sff). The coolermaster looks like a solid low cost offering, but looks kinda meh compared to the C4 imo and no doubt the build quality will be significantly lower. Happy that we'll have 2 cases filling different price brackets soon enough, at the same time Noctua said on instagram they'll be releasing a Chromax NF-U12 :)

A note on that article; their source of information is another site, which got its information from r/SFFPC. Guess whose estimated dimensions those are?

Take a bow @dondan ?

A great lesson in how fake news spreads on the Internet.

Last edited:

RTP80

Caliper Novice
Jun 10, 2020
At this size, you are going to see a lot of cases share a lot of similarities. We are looking at a few key pieces of equipment that are the same size. There are only so many ways that it can all fit together so you will see things that look alike. I like the renders and it looks like it fits the needs that I am looking for (240 rad to cool both CPU and GPU to give silent operations). Looking forward to it being released.

Reactions: max1c

Wildmongoose

Chassis Packer
Nov 14, 2018
Not going to lie the front panel design is a deal breaker for me. Just do a Ghost s1 style front panel. Clean singular power button at the bottom of the panel with no front IO. Otherwise the case looks niiiiicccceeee.

Edit : The version with the power button on the top panel also looks great, as long the front panel is completely clean "no usb type-c or logo on the front."

Last edited: