DAN C4-SFX

RE460

Case Bender
New User
Sep 23, 2022
What is the maximum thickness of the gpu in mm in the two versions of the case?
Thanks

This will probably be the case for my first build.

Reactions: Igor_B

D90

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 9, 2017

Ncase looks to be copying the C4 layout.....

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018

Ncase looks to be copying the C4 layout.....
And design – the ‘rounded’ front panel option looks very C4-like. 🙁

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Mod break: There are only a certain number of ways to lay out necessarily interconnected cuboids - in other words, there will be many cases using the limited selection of layouts.

We've seen discussions around such things quickly devolve into bedlam, so just popping in to remind all to keep things chill :)

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
Mod break: There are only a certain number of ways to lay out necessarily interconnected cuboids - in other words, there will be many cases using the limited selection of layouts.

We've seen discussions around such things quickly devolve into bedlam, so just popping in to remind all to keep things chill :)
A good preemptive warning. Borrowing layouts is inevitable – like you said, the number of constrained PC cuboid solutions is limited.

That said, offering a new ‘face’ to your cuboid layout… one which is a complete departure from your existing design language, and which closely resembles the frontal presentation of another‘s cuboid? Hmm, ‘great artists’ I guess.

Reactions: confusis

ScottSimply

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Nov 15, 2021
A good preemptive warning. Borrowing layouts is inevitable – like you said, the number constrained PC cuboid solutions is limited.

That said, offering a new ‘face’ to your cuboid layout… one which is a complete departure from your existing design language, and which closely resembles the frontal presentation of another‘s cuboid? Hm. Great artists, I guess.
The standard front panel uses the same style as the original NCase M1, a fillet for the edge is hardly unique to the C4-SFX.
And again, Confusis said it best, only so many ways to arrange parts, I see the M1 Evo as the big brother of T1 sandwich and original M1, it lends from both.

loopaddiction

Chassis Packer
Dec 4, 2018
The C4 still looks heaps better for the simple fact it's not using mesh side panels. This recent trend of fine-mesh panels/grills have always looked tacky to me. It reminds me of those cheap speaker-in-a-box audio systems, which is why I never cared for cases like the T1 (as fantastic as the T1 is functionally.) It is good to see Ncase back at it though.

The only case I've come across that's splitting my interest with the C4 is Louqe's upcoming Ghost refresh. Then again, I was so disappointed with Louqe's Raw S1, which seemed like a winged design with bad thermals and no community-feedback whatsoever. One of the main appeals of the C4 is the fact that Dan is very active here and embracing all types of feedback from SFF enthusiasts. Along with the constant revisions and prototyping over this prolonged period of time, it's making me think the C4 will strike the perfect balance of quality, aesthetics, and functionality.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
The RTX 4090 FE does easily fit in the 13.37L prototype if you use Corsair 12VHPWR accessories cable.

Yes you need to bend the cables, but If you bend the cable before plung in it should be super safe. As you can see the bend radius isn't that crazy. And yes you can close the side panel. The cable will use the complete space from the power socket to the side panel :)

newtothegame

Average Stuffer
Sep 1, 2018
Stunning.

Also perfect timing. I passed on the 60€ NR200 deal which was on offer today, and decided to pour all my hopes and dreams into a possible future 13.37L C4 release. And so, seeing all this awesomeness here, can only mean my sacrifice and prayers have been answered! Just kidding. But just in case I'll begin to hope and pray for an affordable price as well.

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
Does the case still offer right-side-up orientation? I searched but couldn't find a recent answer, it seems all recent images are with the upside down orientation.

And the feet I'm not a fan of, I think having just two bars, completely right-angled at either end looks better. Why have feet all around, just adds unnecessary bulk and restricts airflow. Also I think right angles look more attractive than slanted angles for the feet. Everything else is right angle, then the bottom just looks a little weird imo.

Last edited: