DAN C4-SFX

Clarin_D

Chassis Packer
Sep 24, 2021
Please read the thread, this was only discussed 2 pages back😀
I think he means for the platform that the power switch and usb port sits on to be raised up to the level of the top panel without it being integrated into the panel, which is possible. The cutout in the top panel would obviously still be there since it needs to go around the platform.

Slediee

Cable Smoosher
Feb 28, 2022
I am literally holding up a whole build till this case comes out 😂 So please Dan, take my money and give us this case!

Vareen

Caliper Novice
Aug 21, 2021
1. Founders Cards will only benifit from the FE fan duct. Axial fan cards like Asus Strix will profit from air ducts.
2. It will be available from Caseking. It will be in production as long there is demand for it.
Just clarifying: the FE fan duct is what is shown in your thermal design a few pages back, yes?

D90

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 9, 2017
Hi Dan,

Dumb question here.. I have been following the C4 since the original post in 2017 and am very excited to have it one day. I plan to design a brand new system around it once it’s released. Do you anticipate having a list or at least a few examples for whatever motherboards will be the newest when it is released that would allow for use of the C14s with the trap door still closed?

ranewu

Case Bender
New User
Mar 4, 2022
I think he means for the platform that the power switch and usb port sits on to be raised up to the level of the top panel without it being integrated into the panel, which is possible. The cutout in the top panel would obviously still be there since it needs to go around the platform.
Yes thats what I meant (thank you Clarin_D!). This way, the cut out would look a lot more cohesive with the rest of the case without changing the design too much.

Reactions: Rndrn

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
@dondan ,

If I read correctly on the front page, the C4 uses AIO bracket invented by Necere & used in Ncase M1. Do they share the same dimension & mounting holes?

Reason being - I found some metal / 3D printed AIO bracket accessories intended to hold 2.5" (or even 3.5") drives for M1. Will these fit on C4?

Last edited:

Clarin_D

Chassis Packer
Sep 24, 2021
@dondan ,

If I read correctly on the front page, the C4 uses AIO bracket invented by Necere & used in Ncase M1. Do they share the same dimension & mounting holes?

Reason being - I found some metal / 3D printed AIO bracket accessories intended to hold 2.5" (or even 3.5") drives for M1. Will these fit on C4?
Nah he just meant the concept was taking from M1. Would be pretty easy to modify the 3D print files to fit C4 though.

ignsvn

By Toutatis!
SFFn Staff
Apr 4, 2016
Nah he just meant the concept was taking from M1. Would be pretty easy to modify the 3D print files to fit C4 though.

I see. Yeah I'm not really a water-cooler person so I wonder if the bracket can be used to hold other things.

D90

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 9, 2017
Hi Dan,

just wanting an update. Where are you with the case design? Are you at the point of reaching step 1 in creating a prototype yet? Or are you still weighing in on all the various requests for addons and such?

Reactions: proficide

D90

SFF Lingo Aficionado
May 9, 2017
Hi Dan,

just wanting an update. Where are you with the case design? Are you at the point of reaching step 1 in creating a prototype yet? Or are you still weighing in on all the various requests for addons and such?
Also please please for the intial release have a vendor that will ship to the US 🙏

Reactions: proficide and coby