DAN C4-SFX - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

SirJack

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 22, 2018
Hey @dondan can you give us the clearence below the psu? Because it feels like if the psu is moved up just a little (or even flipped) there might be space to fit a DDC pump even with cables. See the picture of a build in the ghos -cough cough- :)

deathadder666

Trash Compacter
Feb 4, 2018
This is an awesome case. I want. Even after I get a new case, I will be very interested (and hopefully have the money for) this case. This is perfect and what I want. Gimme, gimme, gimme...

m-i-c-k-e-y

Average Stuffer
Feb 13, 2018
Yes, C4-SFX's dual 120 AIO capability along w/ other products such as Alphacool's Eisbaer LT w/ GPU addon and Asrock's X299E-ITX/ac raises the bar of what "compact" means in SFF.

What is left is..... money...

Reactions: cmyk78

ondert

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 16, 2017
Dual AIO setup just makes sense. So, you can enjoy the tempered glass panel without worrying about the gpu temps.

artroeb

Minimal Tinkerer
Feb 17, 2018
Hey Dan! Can you render your Case visible on the table with the monitor, keyboard, mouse and more.

wywywywy

Airflow Optimizer
Aug 12, 2016
Hey @dondan, would you consider making a top or bottom attachment, so that we custom-loop users can have somewhere to put a reservoir and/or a second rad?

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
@artroeb : Do you mean something like this?

@wywywywy : How do you mean that?

Dan, that's an amazing looking render! Will you be offering black only this time?

Not sure if @wywywywy is asking about offering top or bottom extensions ['Ghost' style?] to give more room for WC components, or attachment points in the inner top & bottom plates for a res. If it's extensions, I can't see that being your thing

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
You mean something like there Top-Heads? If this was the question not such an option will not exist.

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
I think that is what he was asking, when we were discussing cases elsewhere the other day.
He mentioned a 'top section add on' so that I can find a custom watercooling loop in the C4, so that would suggest a Top Hat type addon.

So, as expected, it's not a Dan Case solution. I couldn't see you working that way, having seen your previous designs and thought process.

The Ghost is a nice case, but 'messy' IMHO, as it's cleverly trying to be 'all things to all men'. What I like about your designs, is that they are carefully thought through to offer a specific SFF solution without being too niche or limited.

Silver C4??

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Yes it will be available in Silver and Black like the A4. Currently I don't have silver renderings because I was not happy with the rendering results but I am working on it :)

Reactions: Arboreal

FdeFons

Caliper Novice
Dec 8, 2017

This part will closed of the case or it will be open?

If it is open it would not be possible to install a filter of the dust?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@Metroversal: Every color that is not Lian Li's default color is very expansive. It will add costs of $20 to every case. I will check that with them.

@FdeFons: Please mark the part that you mean on the pciture.

Reactions: Metroversal

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
@Metroversal: Every color that is not Lian Li's default color is very expansive. It will add costs of $20 to every case. I will check that with them.
Thank you for the reply Dan, I think Lian-Li's PC-O11WGX ROG Edition is the closest in terms of color:

This part will closed of the case or it will be open?
If it is open it would not be possible to install a filter of the dust?
I'm pretty sure that in that specific configuration (radiator at the bottom or on the side) the open side of the case is the air outtake so dust might be a sort of lesser problem.

Last edited:

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
@dondan is that a glowing logo?

As for the color I would love a “space grey” or “gunmetal grey” option instead of as well as plain black :)

Fixed that for you! XD

@Metroversal: Every color that is not Lian Li's default color is very expensive. It will add costs of $20 to every case. I will check that with them.

Shame, thanks for letting us know. Interesting to hear that Lian Li are lined up for making the C4

Going back to my previous question - I can imagine that a silver product is really hard to render and get it it looking good.

Reactions: Metroversal

Crysilus

Caliper Novice
Nov 7, 2017
Hey @dondan can you give us the clearence below the psu? Because it feels like if the psu is moved up just a little (or even flipped) there might be space to fit a DDC pump even with cables. See the picture of a build in the ghos -cough cough- :)

I'm curious on the spacing between the PSU and the fans. If a pump can fit here I'll seriously consider doing a full custom loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.