DAN C4-SFX - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
@Sandez: The maximum length is 305mm so the card will not fit :(

I am thinking of a version with tempered glass window kit. Yes you are looking right, there are no venting holes on the side panel. I think the fans in the bottom create enough airflow through the complete case so the GPU will get enough air.

Me trying to comprehend how this chassis can look any more beautiful.

Reactions: Biowarejak

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
@FoskcoRS5 is posting from the future, where we will one day look back on the current US presidency and are able to laugh about it.

Lol. I was more or less referring to how my actual brain feels whilst trying to comprehend how a chassis can look sooooo damn good.

Posting from the future where I've learned my lesson to never use drumpf related memes / gifs because they can be taken tooooo literal.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
What do you think about this possible change to the design. Front I/O will be on the topside. You will still be able to rotate the case.

In my opinion this design looks more noble. What do you think?

Tim

Cable Smoosher
Nov 27, 2017
Prefer this one but only USB 3.1 and USB Type-C for front <=>, also is good to think about capacitive touch vs physical power button or you can make it similar to PS4 Pro: Physical Button.

Also it can be more interesting if you give us the ability to choose side panel . Fox example for someone who interesting water cool CPU and GPU give ability for side panel without holes, or someone prefer transparent and somebody like the image. I will prefer just simple side panel without any holes just something simple. For me is better if is simple but very attractive design.

Last edited:

SethAluma

Efficiency Noob
Nov 9, 2017
Personally, I only like top USB/power if a case is meant to go under a table (so you can reach it easily). If you want it on the desk (which this sexy case will be in most cases), side ports/buttons are better imo.

Also, for people with cats (or similar), if the power button is on the side, the cat can't jump on it and shut the PC down mid-game/assignment....

Reactions: Coach_Rico

Bulls eye

What's an ITX?
Dec 1, 2017
Hello Everybody,

first of all:
Kudos to Dan: The C4 SFX seams to combine great versatility and neat appearance; a very stylish piece of solid workmanship!
And I truely appreciate your effort to include all the ideas of the community as long as they fit in with your initial idea of that case.

That beeing said, i'd like to share ONE more idea on that 2-2,5-PCI-Riser-Position Topic:

The 1080 Ti FE combined with a Fullcover-Waterblock offers a 1-Slot Design.In addition, linus-tech-tips posted a Video on how do simply cut off the DVI-Port of a 2-Slot card in order to render a 1-Slot-Desing possible on practicle any GPU (warranty is void of cause).

With that in mind:
When fitting a 1-Slot Watercooled GPU in that Case, i would love to place that card as close to the sidepanel as possible in order to gain clearance between the GPU and the Mainboard for custom tubing and stuff. That might help if i were to fit a high performance pump, perhaps a small reservoir, maybe RAM-waterblocks and/or quick connects for additional external cooling into that small case.

Idk if it is feasible to engineer such a versatile PCI-Raiser offering Position 1, 2, and 2.5. Or might you perhaps be able to offer 3-different versions of that Riser to choose from? What do you say?
Apologies, if this topic happens to be discussed elsewere already...

Best Regards,
Bull's eye

PS: just imagine the broad media attention if you happen to offer the smallest sff-case able to fit dual 1-Slot watercooled 1080 Ti's supported by a flexible SLI bridge on 2x PCIe 3.0 x8 with external cooling. I know, less than 0.01% percent of the users would do such overkill, but free advertising might be up for grabs.

Last edited:

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
I think, the original Front I/O on the side looks much nicer. With out it the case is missing that little design part that lets it stand out.

I agree. I think with the I/O on the side and with a window, I know I would have the chassis right on my desk so I can marvel at what is inside. And since it's on my desk with the side I/O I can charge my phone, sync data to it, and / or plug in headphones.

I feel like with the I/O on top I am less likely to use them unless I absolutely need to. For example I have my Cerberus on my desk, with the I/O on top of the chassis it doesn't feel as fluid when I have to use them.

I know that with a C4-SFX, my lazy ass can just reach over and plug in, I can even see the ports.

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
with the i/o on the top... how will you rotate the case? I really like inverted motherboard layout but maybe thats just me.
it there is a way i dont think why not.

Idk if it is feasible to engineer such a versatile PCI-Raiser offering Position 1, 2, and 2.5. Or might you perhaps be able to offer 3-different versions of that Riser to choose from? What do you say?

a flexible short rizer would be that bad? this way you could make slots for the pci bracket tab for the gpu to hang on, maybe a with a screw that holds the bottom tabs in place (like on the middle of the 2 tongs)

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
The I/O will be on a plate that can be screwed to both sides if we go for the top i/o design.

Yes a flexible riser will be the easiest way but I love hardrisers more. They are cheaper in production with a shorter production time. Also I don't need a bracket to hold the flex riser in the middle of the case.

Last edited:

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Front panel on the top side or rigth side?

This is the next big question!

I need your help once again for some design questions that will affect the outer look. Your choice will have a direct impact on the final product.

(4K view)

Link to survey:
Google Forms Survey

Thank you for your help!

Mrvonwyl

Cable Smoosher
Nov 8, 2017
Personally, I like the panel on the side much more, because it flows around the case.
Maybe even the black ring around the case with the panel on the top would work as well, but for me it would be more convenient on the side.

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017
Seeing them side by side, I love them both. With the I/O on top it looks SOOO CLEAN.

The functionality part of me says I/O on the side, but the form side of me says top I/O has a really sleek aesthetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.