DAN C4-SFX - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

martin-d

Minimal Tinkerer
Dec 14, 2018
If you browse through this threads pages, there are plenty of renders of the concept designs and even photos of the actual prototypes from the manufacturer.

I might've expressed myself unclearly. I am not looking for renders/photos of current case but configuration of DonDans PC that he is using for drawing and rendering stuff.
Which MBO, CPU, GPU is he using, which and amount of RAM?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Maybe you will laugh but currently i use a Gigabyte Aero 15x v8 notebook for drawing. With this notebook i can work near my family in the living room.

In my office i have a C4-SFX prototype with Ryzen 1700, 32GB VLP Ram, GTX 1070 FE, Asus Strix B350 ITX, 450W Corsair SFX and 240mm Asetek AIO.

Rankless

Trash Compacter
Sep 6, 2018
@dondan I know you have had some contact with Alphacool in the past. I am very curious about how some of their products might work in your upcoming case. Would you consider requesting Eisbaer/Eiswolf block-pump combos and perhaps 30x240mm and 25x240mm radiators for testing on future prototypes? Also is there any reason to be concerned that an A4 style layout would hamper some of your previous efforts towards entirely custom loops in the C4?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
To show you some progress on this project. I like to share a screenshot out of my CAD tool with you:

Rankless

Trash Compacter
Sep 6, 2018
Is it worth keeping the side I/O cutouts if your going for the top I/O setup?

That being said, I could see how based on the responses of many of the folks on this forum to any changes you wouldn't want to rock the boat.

Tazpr

Master of Cramming
Aug 7, 2018
Is it worth keeping the side I/O cutouts if your going for the top I/O setup?

That being said, I could see how based on the responses of many of the folks on this forum to any changes you wouldn't want to rock the boat.
I like the cut outs from an aesthetic stand point. If you remove them it becomes another box, without any real distinguishing features.

Lekic

Cable Smoosher
Dec 2, 2018
+1 for the cut outs. Adds a point of differentiation in the exterior. Personally I would find it ideal if the I/O could be on the side within that cutout. If the I/O ends up, on the top it means the case is no longer flip-able as per initial design?

Reactions: talkion and dondan

DaveMan20

Caliper Novice
May 12, 2018
+1 for the cut outs. Adds a point of differentiation in the exterior. Personally I would find it ideal if the I/O could be on the side within that cutout. If the I/O ends up, on the top it means the case is no longer flip-able as per initial design?
I imagine the case will still be flip-able (the top panel would flip to the bottom side if you were to flip it). As far as i am aware, there has never been an iteration that suggested removing the flip-able feature.

Reactions: Talyrius

FdeFons

Caliper Novice
Dec 8, 2017
To show you some progress on this project. I like to share a screenshot out of my CAD tool with you:

It is not very good that the side panel sticks out from my point of view. I understand that you want to improve the design of the A4, but one thing is to improve and another copy, I see this and see a copy of A4 with support for liquid cooling. This is not a destructive criticism at all, I like to show us how you progress with the design, but I think if you want to make an interior structure in a sandwich like the A4 it would be nice if you left the classic design.

Even so I like the idea of the sandwich format, I think the case will be more robust.

keep it up :)

FAQBytes

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 22, 2017
It is not very good that the side panel sticks out from my point of view. I understand that you want to improve the design of the A4, but one thing is to improve and another copy, I see this and see a copy of A4 with support for liquid cooling. This is not a destructive criticism at all, I like to show us how you progress with the design, but I think if you want to make an interior structure in a sandwich like the A4 it would be nice if you left the classic design.

Even so I like the idea of the sandwich format, I think the case will be more robust.

keep it up :)
I mean, an A4 with water-cooling is basically my ideal case... So in that way, at least for me, it is an improvement.

Reactions: 14henderson

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I like the cut outs from an aesthetic stand point. If you remove them it becomes another box, without any real distinguishing features.

This is why i keep them

If the I/O ends up, on the top it means the case is no longer flip-able as per initial design?

It is still flip-able

If you mean the stick out area on the back it is not a design feature. You need it to have a zone to hold the panel to remove it from the clip mechanism. I really see no similarity between the A4 and C4 fom the outside. What do you mean with classical design?

FdeFons

Caliper Novice
Dec 8, 2017
This is how it looks like with the back protrusion symetrical with the front/side cutout:

Feel free to edit this picture to show me a better version of the back protrusion.

With removing the protrusion, the design would be cleaner, by the way, what problem did you have with the lateral I / O?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@FdeFons The side i/o has to many disadvantages:

- nearly no space for hdd
- too much force from the side while power on (case can fall over)
- glass panel needs a cutout
- i don't like it

Without protrusion you can't remove the cliped side panel. You need a small surface for your fingers.

It would be an option to make all panels longer so they all overlap at the end.

Status
Not open for further replies.