DAN C4-SFX - old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
I'm on team side I/O as well :cool:

I hope the final product will have the type-C port. Heck, I'd switch the standard type-A port for the type-C but that's just me I guess.
Maybe @dondan will make it a little bigger in order to include both ports and simplify cable management.

Reactions: wykydtronik

optimumtech

Cable Smoosher
Apr 23, 2018
I'm a fan of the side I/O also.
As someone who barely uses a case's I/O, I feel like it gives a much cleaner aesthetic for barely any trade-off in functionality.
E.g, heavy external drives can sit beside the case instead of on top of it (usually have restricted cable length).

Really happy to see the original design come back! Hopefully this pulls the Kickstarter launch a little closer also.

HeyoItsGabo

Case Bender
New User
Jul 2, 2018
This looks amazing, and i would like to purchase one in the future. When will these be available for purchase or pre-order?

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
For the release questions: This is a very personal information but I think there is no other way handle this situation. I will become father in the next 4 weeks. Maybe some of you know that I do DAN Cases next to my normal job. So my time will be very limited in the next month. Therefore I can't give you a release date for the C4. There are many things to do til I can release it:

- optimize the current version
- validating next prototype
- setup C4-SFX product page on dan-cases.com
- create manual
- planing Kickstarter

I hope you can understand my situation. :)

Arboreal

King of Cable Management
Silver Supporter
Oct 11, 2015
@dondan, congratulations to you and your half on your exciting news!
Being a parent is the toughest (yet most rewarding) job to have XD, that on top of your 2 existing jobs!

david.giessing

Trash Compacter
Jul 3, 2018
So I just registered to express my interest in the C4 case! Very glad that it will now be made close to the original draft. I am also a fan of the side IO.
I am definetly planning on getting me a C4 on release for my next build! Looking for an AIO + Hybrid GPU build.
I have one idea / question: So push/pull inside the case is obviously not possible. If I orient the case in a way that the radiator is on the bottom, I could mount another set of fans on the outside/bottom of the case to achieve push/pull. The fans don't need to mount to the radiator but there would be a need for fanmounts on the outside panel, as well as (optional) higher feet to allow lifting the case up another 25 mm to support this. This would also work much better with the original feet.

Keep up the great work!

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016
For the release questions: This is a very personal information but I think there is no other way handle this situation. I will become father in the next 4 weeks. Maybe some of you know that I do DAN Cases next to my normal job. So my time will be very limited in the next month. Therefore I can't give you a release date for the C4. There are many things to do til I can release it:

- create manual
- planing Kickstarter

Congratulations on your big milestone! Hope all goes smoothly, and sleep now while you can :)

HaveBlue

Cable Smoosher
Feb 25, 2018
Congratulations on the new addition to the family, Dondan!

I haven't seen anything mentioned like this before, but is it possible to put the I/O on the opposite side of the case so that the cables are hidden, and so the internals are between the psu and the front panel? This would make the case have a clean look, still be functional, and eliminate the user error issue you mentioned earlier.

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 22, 2017
Congratulations @dondan, all the best to you and yours!

planing Kickstarter

You do what you need to do and in the time you need to get things right regarding the case, I am sure many of us will be here patiently waiting and lining up at the appropriate time to support the Kickstarter campaign.

AlexTSG

Master of Cramming
Jun 17, 2018
www.youtube.com
Congrats!

Can't wait to see the next prototype. I'm pretty sure that with you working on the original design the Kickstarter will be a great success.

I certainly plan to be one of your first backers and can't wait to have my first DAN Case, or should that be DAD Case! :D

Nanook

King of Cable Management
May 23, 2016

- create manual
- planing Kickstarter

Congrats!!

FoskcoRS5

Designated LMG
Jan 31, 2017

- create manual
- planing Kickstarter

Congrats! Get as much rest as you can!

SirJack

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 22, 2018
I think it's time for a poll on I/O placement. I vote for top but only because my desk is small; I feel like many will have the same issue too.

Also, congrats @dondan :)

Metroversal

Cable-Tie Ninja
Dec 5, 2017
I think it's time for a poll on I/O placement. I vote for top but only because my desk is small; I feel like many will have the same issue too.
Dan already did a poll concerning the I/O placement. Side I/O received the most votes and I think it is still the most popular choice today.

As reported by @almidax side I/O is not a problem on a standard desk:

He also posted some feet designs ideas. Personally, I don't like any of them, I prefer the actual angled ones from @dondan .

These illustrations look nice tho :)

Status
Not open for further replies.