DAN A4-SFXv4.1 - Recommend an alternative PSU: Enermax, Silverstone or Cooler Master?

JohnTinkerer

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Nov 14, 2020
Hello everyone,

I know that the Corsair SF Series PSUs are recommended in the FAQ^ section and from what I read so far the Corsair is actually really the best by far but I'm having trouble sourcing then.

Did anybody had their hands on any of these PSUs with the DAN case?
* Cooler Master V650 SFX 650W 80Plus Gold (there is also 750W version) - review at Toms Hardware^ (overall positive)
* SilverStone SST-SX750 Platinum SFX - review1^ and review2^ apparently the SFX panel is missing (!), I personally never used this brand before.
* Enermax Revolution SFX 650W ERV650SWT
- review at anandtech^ and Toms Hardware^, overall positive but unfortunately there seems to be a noisy 80mm fan with sleeve bearing (!) which could mean trouble. If somebody has this PSU I would love to hear if it's fixed or that it does not actually matter even after years of usage. In the non-SFX world Enermax is my favorite brand of PSUs.

Does anybody from this forum has hands-on experience with any of these PSUs? Does it fit without any hacking into the DAN A4-SFXv4.1?

Thank you all in advance.