DAN A4-SFX v4.1

FredL

Cable Smoosher
Jan 20, 2023
System working like a charm. No noise issues at all. Also no heat issues.
I was inspired, and tried installing one, too. Really performs well - running stock settings I'm getting idles 35-40C, and under load about ~70C.

ZTylerDurden

Trash Compacter
May 31, 2020
"Nvidia is expected to severely cut down the GPU and leave it with 5888 CUDA cores, operating at 1920 MHz – 2475 MHz.

As a result, the RTX 4070 will reportedly feature peak FP32 compute performance of up to 29 TFLOPS, down from 40 TFLOPS in the GeForce RTX 4070 Ti. Lower compute performance also means lower power consumption, and with a 200W total board power, the card will not require a very sophisticated and expensive cooling system."

That's what I'm talking about. My A4 lives another day.

Theelichtje

Chassis Packer
Mar 1, 2016
I've recently installed the Alphacool Eisbaer LT92 in my Dan A4 V1. Obviously, as the V1 does not have the holes at the bottom for airflow, i've had to drill them myself.

There's been a thread on the fitting of the radiator, and it was said that it (probably) won't fit. Thought i'd buy one, and it fits without any issues! (Altough i did have to swap out one of the fittings to a 90 degree fitting,i've used the the EK-AF Classic Angled 90°).

I did have to cross the tubes as they were too long, so the angled fitting on the motherboard side points to the gpu side. Could also just have cut the tubes ofcourse.

(More pictures Here)

In the above picture, i've fitted a NF A9x14 as that was the fan that used to be on my Dark Ridge, but it has recently been swapped to the NF-A9.

Performance and noise is great, keeping my 9900k cool. I will get some prober numbers later.

Full specs/info:
Cooler: Alphacool Eisbaer LT92 with the NF A9x14.
Fittings: 1 stock straight fitting, one has been swapped for the EK-AF Classic Angled 90°.
CPU: 9900k
Motherboard: Asus ROG Z390 Gaming-I
RAM: Gskill Trident-Z RGB 3600mhz
GPU: Gigabyte RX 5700 XT GAMING OC
Case: Dan A4 V1
Casefan: NF A9x14 under motherboard
PSU: Corsair SF450 with NF A9x14
Storage: 2TB NVME, 1TB NVME and 1 Sata SSD

Ngeloms

Chassis Packer
Sep 21, 2020
Last year I was thinking about changing my GPU from a dual-fan RTX 3060 Ti to a triple-fan RTX 3070.
Thank god I waited. Unless a better model comes up, I think the triple-fan MSI RTX 4070 will be my choise.

It's dual-slot, baby! <3

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
Last year I was thinking about changing my GPU from a dual-fan RTX 3060 Ti to a triple-fan RTX 3070.
Thank god I waited. Unless a better model comes up, I think the triple-fan MSI RTX 4070 will be my choise.

It's dual-slot, baby! <3
There are reviews about it on youtube, it's nice. Unfortunately, it's 308mm. Just 8mm more than the limit. 300mm is when you have to deatach the front frame of the case in order to fit the gpu in and it will almost touch the card with like half a mm left. It's the utmost maximum limit in lenght here.
Regardless, I'm kinda bummed on nvidia on seeing that the 4070 offering so little in performance, it cannot even reach the 3080 in this regard. It's pretty much a 3070ti with 12GB VRAM. However at least it's more efficient and consume less. Which I can welcome, as ideally, it's best to not put any card with the consumption higher than 200w here. Also 450-600w psu's can still be used and that's great.

Ngeloms

Chassis Packer
Sep 21, 2020
There are reviews about it on youtube, it's nice. Unfortunately, it's 308mm. Just 8mm more than the limit. 300mm is when you have to deatach the front frame of the case in order to fit the gpu in and it will almost touch the card with like half a mm left. It's the utmost maximum limit in lenght here.
Regardless, I'm kinda bummed on nvidia on seeing that the 4070 offering so little in performance, it cannot even reach the 3080 in this regard. It's pretty much a 3070ti with 12GB VRAM. However at least it's more efficient and consume less. Which I can welcome, as ideally, it's best to not put any card with the consumption higher than 200w here. Also 450-600w psu's can still be used and that's great.
Damn... I didn't check the card's lenght. Thanks for sparing me from buying the wrong GPU. Maybe Inno3D RTX 4070 X3 OC would be a better option?

About the performance, I agree it's not a huge improvement, but I think power efficiency and the extra VRAM is what makes this card so appealing to me.

The only real problem is Nvidia's insane MSRP. A XX70 non-Ti GPU shouldn't be this expensive. Hopefully price will drop with time.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
The following RTX 4070 will fit:

Palit RTX 4070 dual
Gainward RRX 4070 Ghost
MSI RTX 4070 Ventus 2X
Nvidia RTX 4070 FE
Inno3D RTX 4070 Twin X2
Zotac RTX 4070 Twin Edge

Last edited:
Reactions: rfarmer

ZTylerDurden

Trash Compacter
May 31, 2020
Damn... I didn't check the card's lenght. Thanks for sparing me from buying the wrong GPU. Maybe Inno3D RTX 4070 X3 OC would be a better option?

About the performance, I agree it's not a huge improvement, but I think power efficiency and the extra VRAM is what makes this card so appealing to me.

The only real problem is Nvidia's insane MSRP. A XX70 non-Ti GPU shouldn't be this expensive. Hopefully price will drop with time.
Well, according to dan it may fit without that extra disassembly of the front?

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
I've given my AM4 board with everything on it together with my dear SF600 Platinum (I'm not even see it available anymore) in a build with a 3.0 case and a 2060 Super that I snatched from the used market to a close relative for Christmas. It turned out so nice, I was having second thoughts.

Even though my build is in a Velka 3, I was not able to part with my black 4.1 case, so now there's two A4's in the family. I will defeinitely use it again should I want to use a full-sized card in the future.
And it's great to see that dual slot gpu's are still made in the form of the 4070's. I hope that Gigabyte will have a 3-fanned Windforce rev.2 and rev.3 later that will be dual slot. Their first 3060Ti was too thick, but made their rev.2 and 3 with 41mm thinness, so let's hope the same will happen with their 4070's too.

Last edited: