DAN A4-SFX v4.1

kranoath

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 9, 2022
I would go with either the Gigabyte or the Sapphire, yet if you have access to the 6750 Reference model (saw it available from Caseking in Europe as well) that's possibly the best looking (all black) highest quality card and the most powerful 2 slot. Besides, as things are going... it might as well hold that spot as 2 slots are becoming an endangered species. I mean look at this:

Seems so well made.

I really hope that the new case Dan has in store that will replace the SFX, will not involve a size increase. Mobo's have higher M.2 slots and gpu's getting thicker, but a small and sturdy sub 10L air cooled case is where my heart lies.
As a matter of fact, I would be interested in an ITX gpu sandwitch-style case. That would be the dream with both mobo and gpu share the same size, the SFX psu can be perpendicular to them facing outwards a vented front panel. The Dan A5.

Thanks for replying.

Found out the Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6700 XT is a 2.2 slot card at 260(L) x 119.85(W) x 49(H)mm thus will not fit the Dan A4 :(

Currently I'm waiting for PowerColor Radeon RX 6700 XT Fighter or Inno3D GeForce RTX 3070 Twin X2. Also have my eyes on Gigabyte Radeon RX 6700 XT Eagle and Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Eagle OC but read somewhere that people dislike Gigabyte models because they're cheap, hot and noisy...

I know what you mean about bigger size. It's expensive and frustrating as heck but that's the joy to sff. Wouldn't mind a tiny increase say like 8L or 9L.

p.s the card in the picture looks great! Going to look it up.

nightshift

Airflow Optimizer
Jul 23, 2020
Thanks for replying.

Found out the Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX 6700 XT is a 2.2 slot card at 260(L) x 119.85(W) x 49(H)mm thus will not fit the Dan A4 :(

Currently I'm waiting for PowerColor Radeon RX 6700 XT Fighter or Inno3D GeForce RTX 3070 Twin X2. Also have my eyes on Gigabyte Radeon RX 6700 XT Eagle and Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 Ti Eagle OC but read somewhere that people dislike Gigabyte models because they're cheap, hot and noisy...

I know what you mean about bigger size. It's expensive and frustrating as heck but that's the joy to sff. Wouldn't mind a tiny increase say like 8L or 9L.

p.s the card in the picture looks great! Going to look it up.

I made a Dan A4 build with a 3 fanned Gigabyte 2060 Super Windforce and it ran very quiet and cool.
The same idea is present on it's 3060 Ti Gaming OC cards and the rev2 and rev3 are two slot with the latter having an additional heatpipe as well.

As an interesting sidenote, feel free to check page 216-218 of this thread;)

whatanoob

Trash Compacter
Jun 18, 2018
The riser is mounted on two 5mm stand offs. This means every card will have 5mm behind its PCB to the motherboard tray. So it doesnt matter if your GPU has a backplate or not. In the other direction from the PCB to the side panel there will be 40.5 mm. So the total width of your card yould be 45.5mm. But some vendors does not include the backplate to the width calculation because in a normal case it doesnt matter.

If you now buy a card with 45mm where the backplate is not taken into the calculation it will not fit. This is why I said look at the slot bracket view.
With that in mind, what do you guys think of this card?

Considering that someone barely managed to fit an EVGA 3080 XC3 Ultra, it seems that this Powercolor card should just about fit... is that a good assumption?

Last edited:

kranoath

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Nov 9, 2022
Anyone else planning on an rtx 4070 or 4060 with this case? What's your thoughts?
Depending on the TDP right? So hard finding something that is small enough yet does not generate that much heat. All the gpus I'm seeing now are massive for the Dan A4. Fingers crossed.

LaGente

Efficiency Noob
Jan 6, 2023
I'm about to order the INNO3D GEFORCE RTX 4070 Ti for my DAN A4-SFX v2. After reviewing the specs it seems to fit. Could anyone please help me and double check?

kuro1999

What's an ITX?
New User
Jan 13, 2023
Hi, I think it is a bit late to ask since I previously saw the tempered glass for dan a4 cases. I really like the case, especially with the glass panel and since I am planning to build one soon I wanted to know if it is still available. Is there any link for the tempered glass or acrylic glass panel for the case. Thanks !