DAN A4-SFX v4.1

Oilan

Efficiency Noob
Oct 28, 2020
Guys, any ideas for GPU temps improvement? Just got my RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA on Monday. Tested for two days without the side panels - temps around 70C with undervolt - 0.875V, 1900 MHz core, stable. Today, I installed the side panels and temperatures bumped up over 83C - 0.800V, 1800MHz. I use my 3D printed 15mm spacers on both sides plus two 92mm Noctuas on the bottom for intake. Black Ridge with 120mm Noctua intake for CPU (but my 3700X is around 68C during gaming so this is probably not much relevant to my GPU temps issue).

lilclie

Caliper Novice
Jul 14, 2019
Probably switching to air cooled soon, anyone know what cpu coolers are compatible with the Gigabyte x570 I aorus pro wifi?

Maeiourk

Chassis Packer
Oct 18, 2020
Guys, any ideas for GPU temps improvement? Just got my RTX 3080 XC3 ULTRA on Monday. Tested for two days without the side panels - temps around 70C with undervolt - 0.875V, 1900 MHz core, stable. Today, I installed the side panels and temperatures bumped up over 83C - 0.800V, 1800MHz. I use my 3D printed 15mm spacers on both sides plus two 92mm Noctuas on the bottom for intake. Black Ridge with 120mm Noctua intake for CPU (but my 3700X is around 68C during gaming so this is probably not much relevant to my GPU temps issue).
1 fan in the bottom should be exhaust. I think that would improve it. Kinda weird you are getting 83 on yours. My 3080 FE should’ve been higher than that but I only get a max of 77C and mine is undervolted to 2025MHz/.925V.

Maeiourk

Chassis Packer
Oct 18, 2020
Probably switching to air cooled soon, anyone know what cpu coolers are compatible with the Gigabyte x570 I aorus pro wifi?
Little modification required for Black Ridge I believe. Otherwise you’re probably better off with L9a/I with a fan duct.

thelaughingman

SFF Guru
Jul 14, 2018

Little modification required for Black Ridge I believe. Otherwise you’re probably better off with L9a/I with a fan duct.
this, either you need to remove the HS fan altogether or 'pressure-mount' the fan below the heatsink. my recommendation would be the ID-Cooling IS-47K for much better compatibility and easier installation. Sure it loses out to the BR by a few degrees but much more convenience.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Any word on what 3070's fit into the A4 @dondan

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Ah, the Sapphire one is 49mm. Bummer... (I think ~45mm is the limit?)

Yes it will not fit. If you look at this pic:

Maybe someone will do a 6800xt with 6800 heatsink.

Reactions: Tashi and archagon

Joche87

Chassis Packer
Mar 22, 2020
Ist the GPU correctly in the riser? From what I can see there are two screws missing on the riser.

Thanks for the reply. I found out what the problem was, GPU was not getting enough power with the cables i used, so just needed to change cable so it get 8+8 pin power. Of course i tried everything in bios and all kinds of things before thinking of the obvious :) Very happy with the zotac 3070 now, fits perfectly in the case :)

Reactions: conmanique

ZTylerDurden

Trash Compacter
May 31, 2020
Hey! Need some advice.

When I test fit the USB 3.0 mounting "clip" piece, it doesn't sit flush in between the front panel and radiator as per the photo:

When I reassemble starting with the USB 3.0 in place, will the radiator slide ~1mm back and still align screws from the bottom? It's a tight fit for sure. The radiator is positioned where the pipes are toward the front panel.

It's the V2 model upgraded to the V3 USB 3.0 cable using the V2's USB mounting "clip".

In the meantime, just by test fitting the cable through the case and having a usb front header after years without one: Bro, finally lol.

Last edited:

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
An active cooler likes this seems promising for SFF cases like Dan A4. Imagine to cool a 200w cpu with ease in Dan A4.

That's sized as a 360 AIO, mate. Not even the "pump" alone fits into de A4, not to mention the radiator itself ? I really hoped that you had mixed the links, because a ~200w cooler that fits into that case would be a wonder to see ?.

Peltier technology has been extensively reviewed in the past and can certainly overpass the thermal limitations of watercooling in terms of going below ambient temperature, but at the cost of HUGE current draw. Also you need to dissipate the massive amount of heat produced on the "hot" side of the peltier (that's the 360 radiator job there) and it's not an easy task.

Last edited:

geforce6200

Trash Compacter
Sep 29, 2019
That's sized as a 360 AIO, mate. Not even the "pump" alone fits into de A4, not to mention the radiator itself ? I really hoped that you had mixed the links, because a ~200w cooler that fits into that case would be a wonder to see ?.

Peltier technology has been extensively reviewed in the past and can certainly overpass the thermal limitations of watercooling in terms of going below ambient temperature, but at the cost of HUGE current draw. Also you need to dissipate the massive amount of heat produced on the "hot" side of the peltier (that's the 360 radiator job there) and it's not an easy task.
I think a thermal electric cooler is like a refrigerator where the power it draws roughly equals the heat that is transmitted. If a 120 AIO can cool 150W, I think it's a very doable solution. I found a lot of tiny coolers using Peltier that can already cool about 50w.

Tashi

Trash Compacter
Jun 15, 2019
And how exactly do you intend to power the TEC on top of the CPU and GPU? The power draw gets insane with these hot chips.