DAN A4-SFX v4.1

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
Still waiting for my 3080FE but here is some thoughts how it could be done:

- air cool your CPU for example BlackRidge, AXP90 or L9a + Fan Duct. If you have a high power CPU like 3900X limit it to 65W in UEFI. The 92mm AIO will add to much heat between PSU and GPU
- add a bottom 92 fan as intake to get fresh air between GPU and PSU
- remove the plastic sheet between GPU and PSU
- use a SFX-L like the "Fractal Design 650W" (ratet for ambient temp of 50°C) and flip it so the intake hole will face the back side of the psu.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
I am speaking for the founders edition that pushed a lot of heat to the psu. If you now also add the heat of the AIO to this zone it will be very hot.

supremeMilo

Trash Compacter
May 3, 2019

Here is my Timespy result with - Corsair SFX 600 Gold , 3700X, 645LT, Losercard PSU bracket, psu normal orientation shortened cables, intake fan under mobo, and plastic removed and undervolted 3080FE. Sound wasn't terrible. Note this was done on a bloated Windows install.

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015

I was a bit surprised he could even get it in the case.

This is soo crazy cool

Reactions: rfarmer

Admiral Vint

Cable Smoosher
Sep 11, 2020
I also switched from 645LT to Noctua L9a air cooling about 9 months ago. Using R5 3600, got the temps to be a bit better then with the Asetek. Definitely can recommend, also makes the whole cable management a bit less painful.

eddy178

Efficiency Noob
Oct 11, 2020
So i was thinking how come no one has tried a custom CPU/GPU water cool loop?
I'm thinking of using the LT cpu plate/pump combo with the EKWP block for the 3080 FE which should measure around 200mm giving me clearance to put a 92mm rad on the bottom + a 92mm on the GPU side with a slightly modified 120mm bracket. The rad on the asetec is 97 or so wide so it would fit snug with the 3080 FE water-cooled at around 200mm.
So there would be a Full loop CPU/Rad/Rad/GPU.
I was thinking about a reservoir and i saw a custom one on this same thread but also saw that if you bleed it right it doesn't need it.
I think its possible and could be epic, i wish i had @dondan CADs to try to fit everything and consider which fitting would work for the GPU side, probably the low profile ones will do fine. Also with that custom PSU bracket for more flow and custom cabling.