DAN A4-SFX v4.1

eddy178

Efficiency Noob
Oct 11, 2020
Holy Shit, i only wanted to mount 2 92mm on the conventional places, one below the PSU and one on the 120mm bracket, but this madman put a 240mm in front of the Mobo... HOW?

Nichronos

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 22, 2018
Where are you reading that this is a non-working concept?

I have enough knowledge and undemanding in physics and how this tech works,
I tried to warn him but as you can see he continued with it... perhaps was too late to stop.
So let him struggle I guess if he is into this kind of torture and still trying to make the SLI work

I also warned you guys for the "rotating the PSU" concept for 3080 FE cards,
you cant pour hot air over the already hot components inside the PSU and expect nothing to go wrong....
As @dondan said, a kind of a workaround is to put a fan above to help the exhaust.

hybridiso

Cable Smoosher
Sep 3, 2020
OK, ran a 40 minute Unigine Heaven 4.0 Extreme test for 40m, with PSU intake facing out. Fans are at 100%, GPU is stable at 83C, and clocks average out to 1850MHz. Room temp is around 80-82F. Will try undervolting next.

Is your bottom fan intake or exhaust ?

Bonusround

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jun 26, 2018
I have enough knowledge and undemanding in physics and how this tech works,
I tried to warn him but as you can see he continued with it... perhaps was too late to stop.
So let him struggle I guess if he is into this kind of torture and still trying to make the SLI work

I also warned you guys for the "rotating the PSU" concept for 3080 FE cards,
you cant pour hot air over the already hot components inside the PSU and expect nothing to go wrong....
As @dondan said, a kind of a workaround is to put a fan above to help the exhaust.

Thanks for looking out for all of us, man.

ZTylerDurden

Trash Compacter
May 31, 2020
Hey guys,

I have the V2 and because of RTX 3000 series I'm leaning towards retiring the asetek 92mm aio.

The Black Ridge looks like it was specifically meant for the dan a4 sfx. Is that my best option for CPU air cooling in terms of maximizing space?

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
Hey guys,

I have the V2 and because of RTX 3000 series I'm leaning towards retiring the asetek 92mm aio.

The Black Ridge looks like it was specifically meant for the dan a4 sfx. Is that my best option for CPU air cooling in terms of maximizing space?
If by maximizing space yo mean fill the case up, then yes... the blackridge is MASSIVE (inside that case... otherwise is a cutie ? ) If you can get or already have a VLP ram then you can consider using a 120mm slim fan, wich will get the best performance. To have space to maneuver and do things perhaps the NH-9Li is a better option.

Last edited:

SiKiaTriK

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 28, 2019
I get the impression that the 9Li with duct is only slightly worse than the Blackridge. Is this correct?
Providing that both coolers are on the stock 92mm size fan yes, the margin is pretty small between them

@Optimum Tech did a very good review about the BlackRidge, comparing it to other popular options, L9 included, if that can help you ?

Reactions: archagon

ZTylerDurden

Trash Compacter
May 31, 2020
Providing that both coolers are on the stock 92mm size fan yes, the margin is pretty small between them

@Optimum Tech did a very good review about the BlackRidge, comparing it to other popular options, L9 included, if that can help you ?

Thanks guys!

So I have this ram above. A 120mm won't fit with the Blackridge? Therefore, Blackridge or 9Li perform equally with stock 92mm?

Last edited:

thomaddox4

Chassis Packer
Sep 21, 2020

Thanks guys!

So I have this ram above. A 120mm won't fit with the Blackridge? Therefore, Blackridge or 9Li perform equally with stock 92mm?
The Blackridge with stock fan is a worse choice than the L9, not worth it at all. Swapping the fan for an NF-A9x14, same fan that comes with the L9, offers better cooling but turbulent noise. LPX RAM is compatible with the Blackridge but your motherboard may not be, there are lots of compatibility issues depending on which specific board you have. Most seem to agree that unless you're committed to using the VLP RAM with 120mm fan, you'd be better off with an L9 + fan duct. A lot less headache, quieter and temperatures only a little higher.

ZTylerDurden

Trash Compacter
May 31, 2020
The Blackridge with stock fan is a worse choice than the L9, not worth it at all. Swapping the fan for an NF-A9x14, same fan that comes with the L9, offers better cooling but turbulent noise. LPX RAM is compatible with the Blackridge but your motherboard may not be, there are lots of compatibility issues depending on which specific board you have. Most seem to agree that unless you're committed to using the VLP RAM with 120mm fan, you'd be better off with an L9 + fan duct. A lot less headache, quieter and temperatures only a little higher.

Thank you!

eddy178

Efficiency Noob
Oct 11, 2020
What is the fastest stick of DDR4 VLP anyone has been able to find?
Ive only see 2666 or something but some of them can overclock well to 3000 or so as i read somewhere on this forums. 200 dollars for 32 GB 2666 is kinda steep but if you can put a freaking 240mm Rad then is sure worth it