DAN A4-SFX v4.1

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
@dondan , you're case is still the best! Everything fit flawless! Here my last setup with the amazing G-unique by @guryhwa!
The only problem is the ASrock won't turn on with this PSU, Tried also the Z370 Fatal1ty, but nothing.
No problem at all using a Z390 by GIgabyte and Asus, and the H370 by EVGA. Anyway, waiting for the new REV!

nascentparadigm

Caliper Novice
Jan 4, 2019
Anyone ever try to fit a Scythe Kaze-Jyu in the top of the case as an exhaust? At 12mm thick it's the thinnest fan I could find between 80-100mm , but the riser cable puts too much pressure on the hub for it to spin, and I couldn't find a good way to move it out of the way.

If it only had like 1mm more clearance, it would be perfect...

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
Anyone ever try to fit a Scythe Kaze-Jyu in the top of the case as an exhaust? At 12mm thick it's the thinnest fan I could find between 80-100mm , but the riser cable puts too much pressure on the hub for it to spin, and I couldn't find a good way to move it out of the way.

Maybe you can use the new ADT PCIe riser cable ? Should be shorter and give you more head room in the case...

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
@dondan , you're case is still the best! Everything fit flawless! Here my last setup with the amazing G-unique by @guryhwa!
The only problem is the ASrock won't turn on with this PSU, Tried also the Z370 Fatal1ty, but nothing.
No problem at all using a Z390 by GIgabyte and Asus, and the H370 by EVGA. Anyway, waiting for the new REV!

What PSU setup did you get for your setup? I'm interested for that model but the choises are so extensive I don't know what I need. As your power cable needs seem to be similar to mine, your PSU setup is interesting to me...

Myzhi

Chassis Packer
Dec 9, 2018

I tried a 80mmX10mm and that would only fit if it’s facing down since the fan frame blocks riser cable from touching the fan. Facing up, the riser cable will put pressure the fan and it won’t spin. Might be different for you, but I notice my Asus Z390 MB is about 2-3mm above the motherboard frame which cause riser card to be even higher.

mizvekov

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Jan 14, 2019
Hi guys here are all changes for A4-SFX v4

- ADT 185mm PCIe x16 gen 3 riser
- USB 3.0 Typ-C to 20pin intrnal header (90% confirmed)
- changed to the drive bay so it will support 15mm thick drives
- added thread for easy installation of custom window kits
- adding 92mm fan support under the motherboard
- lifting up motherboard for better bottom fan clearance
- the 120mm AIO bracket will not be included and an optional part on SFFLab

With best regards
Daniel

Nice!
How about overall dimensions, same as V3?

anttip

Cable Smoosher
Jan 1, 2019
I tried a 80mmX10mm and that would only fit if it’s facing down since the fan frame blocks riser cable from touching the fan. Facing up, the riser cable will put pressure the fan and it won’t spin. Might be different for you, but I notice my Asus Z390 MB is about 2-3mm above the motherboard frame which cause riser card to be even higher.

I noticed this with the Akasa Slimfan. I'll try putting a fan guard under it next. At least with ASRock X299E-ITX/AC there should be enough space for the Slimfan+grill, although it will be a tight fit.

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
What PSU setup did you get for your setup? I'm interested for that model but the choises are so extensive I don't know what I need. As your power cable needs seem to be similar to mine, your PSU setup is interesting to me...
Well, actually I've just asked gury a model that can support a TItan RTX and the 9900K OC. Mine is rated 750 that can peak to 900W (is overkilled, but better for future upgrade to a x299!)
The power brick is custom made by him as well to support that power.
You just should ask what you need and he will propose to you the best solution! Be carefull because mine cannot boot with the ASrock Z390 itx Phantom and the Z370 itx Fatal1ty (and don't know why!!)

Creep

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Mar 2, 2017
Does it upset anyone else that the ASUS Strix 270i I/O is upside down on the Dan V3? Literally ruining my build. Just got my Asetek and might actually scrap it... :p

advblue

Caliper Novice
Jan 13, 2019
Hey all, a couple of questions from me about the case if possible.
  1. Does anyone know why Dan made the side panels extend over the rear of the case?
  2. Does anyone use back m.2 slot on the motherboard? Does the drive get hot? I am reading bad reviews about m.2 drives on the back of the motherboard. Not sure if I should get 2.5″ or m.2? Really trying not to use cables.
  3. Can any of the Noctua Chromax black fans be used to replace the one on the L9a-AM4?
Thanks

dondan

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
DAN Cases
Feb 23, 2015
@Tsuchinoko
Still available on every partner shop

@advblue
1.) To give you a surface to hold the panel and pull it from the case.
2.) This is nearly the frequently asked question. Yes you can use M.2 without problems.
3.) There are no black Chromax 92mm fans available, but you can use Noctua NF-B9 redux.

Reactions: Nanook and fabio

advblue

Caliper Novice
Jan 13, 2019
@dondan Thanks so much for the reply. Extended side panels are the only thing about this case that I dont like. But still cant wait to get my case from case king.

PeGys

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jan 13, 2019
Well, actually I've just asked gury a model that can support a TItan RTX and the 9900K OC. Mine is rated 750 that can peak to 900W (is overkilled, but better for future upgrade to a x299!)
The power brick is custom made by him as well to support that power.
You just should ask what you need and he will propose to you the best solution! Be carefull because mine cannot boot with the ASrock Z390 itx Phantom and the Z370 itx Fatal1ty (and don't know why!!)

I contacted him and he rates at 600W, about he same as my SF600 Platinum so it should be fine. Thansk for the info though. Your build is awesome. Wonder hat PCI riser you're using... Doesn't look like the ADT one...

Hey all, a couple of questions from me about the case if possible.
  1. Does anyone know why Dan made the side panels extend over the rear of the case?
  2. Does anyone use back m.2 slot on the motherboard? Does the drive get hot? I am reading bad reviews about m.2 drives on the back of the motherboard. Not sure if I should get 2.5″ or m.2? Really trying not to use cables.
  3. Can any of the Noctua Chromax black fans be used to replace the one on the L9a-AM4?
Thanks

I use a rear mounted 970PRO on my MSI Z270i and it runs fine. Didn't hit temps over 60°c till now.
You can see where it was on the PCI-E riser cable when you remove the board as it presses against it but no harm is done.

Reactions: advblue

fabio

Shrink Ray Wielder
Apr 6, 2016
I contacted him and he rates at 600W, about he same as my SF600 Platinum so it should be fine. Thansk for the info though. Your build is awesome. Wonder hat PCI riser you're using... Doesn't look like the ADT one...

Well, I am still waiting the ADT, since the 17th of December... I am using a 300mm Li-Heat Type D!

gotcha43

Average Stuffer
Dec 10, 2018
  1. Can any of the Noctua Chromax black fans be used to replace the one on the L9a-AM4?
Thanks

Noctua brings several new Fans to their Chromax line.
Also A9x14 (Late Q1/2019) and A12x25sterrox(Q4/2019).
They also bring a chromax Version of their L9i cooler (Computex 2018 preview). Maybe also Q1/2019.

Reactions: advblue