Stalled Custom_MOD NAS FX case

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com

Hello friends!

I have long been asked to make a case for a home storage. Evaluate this prototype. Does he have a future?

Please fill this form if you want to make an order.
case NAS FX 7.5L prototype PHOTO ALBUM
Super compact case for home storage.
Specs:

- Volume: 7.5L (225mm x 190mm x 175mm)
- Material: 1.5-2mm Aluminium, Powder Coating
- Front panel: 1 x USB 3.0 and Power button 12mm
- GPU: no
- CPU Cooler: up to 39mm (Noctua L9i compatible)
- RAM: up to 42 mm
- Storage: M.2 and 2x2.5" 4x3.5" HDD/SSD
- PSU: Flex ATX 1U Mini-ITX (Seasonic SSP-300SUG, FSP 400W, Athena Power 400W, FSP 500W Platinum etc)
- Price: $169 (Case + Worldwide Shipping)
You can choose color and style of venting holes, remove logo etc in the order form.

Last edited:

admiral_pola

Efficiency Noob
Jan 10, 2018
Looks good!

Just wondering though, is there another slot for an additional fan on the case floor? I see the one fan in the pictures, but there looks like it could fit one more alongside it.

Thanks in advance!

totallynotgreg

Case Bender
Jan 28, 2018
Hot-swap is really a must for NAS devices. It would be a great HTPC for users without a NAS but it wouldn't be a replacement.
Could you do a 250W+ pico PSU instead and fit two more 3.5 drives down below?
It would be worth making it just a bit longer to cram a 5th drive in.

The large open area looks like it could support a variety of configurations with some minor tweaks.
PCI card + 2 x 3.5 + 1 x 2.5
4 x 3.5 + 2 x 3.5 + 1 x 2.5
4 x 3.5 + 2 x 2.5

Reactions: el01

generalguy

Efficiency Noob
Nov 20, 2018
oh this is exactly what i'm looking for. Hotswap is nice but not a dealkiller. Vibration dampened mounts would be nice.

Would love to order this, is it being made?

TheDreamingMonk

Average Stuffer
Sep 17, 2016
For greater compactness, we had to abandon such an idea. I know that this is important to some users. Perhaps in the future we will implement hot-disks connection.

A simple backplane could be fitted quite nicely the way it is. It may impede the bottom fans, but it would work.

I'd mount the backplane to the bottom panel, move the fan to the top panel. Then all you have to do is remove the top panel/fan, pull out the old drive, drop in the new one. You'd be looking at 25-30mm of space to have 90* sata/power connections under the backplane. Wouldn't add much bulk at all, if any. Just a bit of rearranging.

Napostrophe

Efficiency Noob
Jan 3, 2019
I was wondering, might it be possible to modify this (or order it) as for it to have a support for a half-height PCIe card like a RAID controller, PCIe SSD, or a network card?