Stalled Custom_MOD MINI

Revenant

Christopher Moine - Senior Editor SFF.N
Revenant Tech
SFFn Staff
Apr 21, 2017
My batch 8 case arrived. The shipping packaging is many times better than it was for my old one. The build quality has improved, and the material felt stronger. Paint was far smoother and better than my old one.

Order accuracy still needs improvement.

It's a good looking case and I'm happy to see that Custom Mod is improving in their design and quality.

sergiiua

The builder of unique cases ...
Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
My batch 8 case arrived. The shipping packaging is many times better than it was for my old one. The build quality has improved, and the material felt stronger. Paint was far smoother and better than my old one.

Order accuracy still needs improvement.

It's a good looking case and I'm happy to see that Custom Mod is improving in their design and quality.
Thank you very nice. We continue to work on improvement.

Reactions: Mtthwmths

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
hi sergiiua,,,, I would like to order the 3.24L again, what kind of improvement compared to mine (3rd batch)
All the same improvements as received Case 3.7 of revision 5.2.

Partition 2mm inside.
More ribs inside.
More durable casing 2mm.
Lock the cover on top.
Push button in front from the bottom.

sevi

What's an ITX?
Jul 29, 2017
Hey guys,

I find very little information about it, so I'm going to ask it here:
How bad is a sound of a flex atx psu under idle and under load compared to that of an SFX psu or ATX psu?

I'm hesitating between the mini, slim, flex mini.

The pros I see using the power brick:
- silent operation
- can be packed for smaller place

Pros for the flex mini:
- Standardized parts--> better future upgradeability
- Not reliant on small manufacturers
- better cost?

Thanks for the answer,

Sevi

sergiiua

Original poster
CustomMOD
Jan 11, 2017
www.custom-mod.com
Hey guys,

I find very little information about it, so I'm going to ask it here:
How bad is a sound of a flex atx psu under idle and under load compared to that of an SFX psu or ATX psu?

I'm hesitating between the mini, slim, flex mini.

The pros I see using the power brick:
- silent operation
- can be packed for smaller place

Pros for the flex mini:
- Standardized parts--> better future upgradeability
- Not reliant on small manufacturers
- better cost?

Thanks for the answer,

Sevi
If the FLEX power supply replaces the Noctua fan, then there is no noise.

Asdeff591

Cable Smoosher
Sep 21, 2017
So, i Recieved my PSU and the build was completed

i ended up having to remove the added green mesh from the left side as it was interferring with the GPU fan, its running a GTX 970 Mini from Asus, incredibly tight fit, could not recommend going with this card unless you increased the dimensions by at least 1 or 2 mm, but with a bit of an albiet expected fight, its in (and probably never being removed)

there were some double screwed holes, but that just means that he has test fitted and fixed problems before it arrived which is good, one of the holes for the ssd still had a burr on it, but meh, was easy to remove, i did have to install the ssd before plugging it in although the guide says to do it the other way around, and with a few cable ties the cable management was easy and very neat, i was worried a bit with the wires that are soldered to the PSU as they are heatshrinked (very well) as it made me worried i was going to break it, but there were no issues in the end.

over all i am incredibly happy with the case, it looks good, quiet as all hell, and was a lot easier to beuild in than i expected, i would definitley order from him again.

One side note it that, yes, it does take awhile for manufacture and shipping, but TBH IMO it is totally worth it, just dont set a *Must be done by* date

QuantumBraced

Master of Cramming
Mar 9, 2017
Are all new 3.2L cases checked to make sure I/O shields and graphics cards fit? Can the new version fit the Gigabyte 1070/1080 Mini reliably?

Last edited:

zph0eniz

Case Bender
Mar 8, 2018
Okay, so I been reading on the G-Unique, and I just don't get it. It seems to go to 400w, but the gtx builds usually go around 410-420 usage from what I know.

It looks like there is no case for the psu? Isn't that dangerous? Then the talk of 8 pin 12 pin?

Can someone eli5 or something.

paullusty

Trash Compacter
Mar 22, 2017
unless you are running an 1080ti or a much older gpu, you shouldnt be pushing over 400w. unless you are overclocking, which isnt likely in such a small build

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
Reading the first post, what do you mean the last batch? No more batches? or you mean latest?

I need a confirmation on this as well. I have the sfx and want a mini as well, but wasn’t planning on getting it for a couple of months. May have to jump earlier than I thought.