Discussion Custom so dimm Heatsink

Maxkmk

Caliper Novice
Original poster
Mar 17, 2023
Hi,

I am looking for a heatsink for my DDR4 Ramsticks (Kingston Fury Impact DDR4 3200 cl20 64GB ), so far I found some copper heatsinks on ebay / amazon which can be sticked with thermal tape to the Ram. I also found CAD files of heatsinks which have more surface area and can mounted with screws which is more appealing to me, not only because of the bigger surface area but also because I can use thermalpads with the heatsinks which seem to have better thermal conductivity then thermal tape. Here is the link to the CAD Files:
https://grabcad.com/library/so-dimm-ddr4-ram-cover-cooler-1 can anyone suggest a company which could make such heatsinks out of Copper for me?

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
You can probably get protocase on board for cnc copper, but aluminum is generally used. Cheaper and within a few percent of the performance. These look like sodimm form factor though, are you sure that's what you want?

Edit, that was in the title. That being the case, make sure you've got enough clearance between your slots to fit these on both+thermal pads, and also make sure the ram chips themselves are covered. Can't really check that for ya, but you can probably 3D print these for a fit check.

All that said, might not be worth it for DDR4, unless you're really seeing issues with thermals.

Last edited: