Custom Basement in the Phanteks Evolv Shift?

JHesselgrave

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Feb 13, 2018
I'm going off to college, and I'm going to need a smaller case then the Define S. So I'm planning on building in the evolv shift. I want to put a full custom hardline loop into it, as of right now my plan is to mod a basement around the bottom portion (PSU area) to put the pump, radiators, etc in with soft tubing to make routing easier. What do you guys think of it? I'm shakey on the idea of fitting that much hardware into that small of a space. But i'm optimistic. I'm planning on ordering the case later this week. From there i can start bending acrylic and modding.

What do you think?

Reactions: Soul_Est and Phuncz

deathadder666

Trash Compacter
Feb 4, 2018
Good luck and if you've already started, take pics. I'm another couple weeks from ordering my own Shift and start building a hardline loop too. But I'm leaning towards the X for the space. If you do this, let us know the progress.

Reactions: Soul_Est

JHesselgrave

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Feb 13, 2018
Okay, after about a month later, I rechecked this thread. As it stands right now I'm currently using the Shift as my main case with a crude custom soft loop. I've cut the piece of acrylic to fit into the case, now i'm just waiting on EKWB to send over the fittings and i can start bending the basement along with tubing. Pics to come.

JHesselgrave

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
Feb 13, 2018
UPDATE

The fittings and other supplies are in and I've started cutting acrylic.

One of the hardest things i've had to overcome so far was getting the holes cut in the top sheet of acrylic, I did not have the proper bit, and after a trip to the hardware store and a lot of sanding later, I finally got the holes cut.

The larger panel:
L = 203mm
W = 2mm
H = 150mm
The cutout on the larger panel is because the bottom mounted rad is so close to the glass there's no room for the acrylic.
cutout dimensions:
L = 120mm
H = 26mm

Smaller Pass-Through Panel:
L = 203mm
W = 2mm
H = 33mm
Holes
Diameter = 20mm (give or take)

I plan to glue the two pieces together and run the passthrough fittings through it (before painting)

I bought some UV BLUE premix from mayhems Earlier today, and I want to make the detail on the acrylic panels something to match the liquid, so if you have any ideas, feel free.

The runs go from the pump to the radiator, then through the acrylic to the cpu, back through the acrylic, and into the pump again.

If anyone has any questions about dimensions, or wants a specific picture, please ask. When I was doing research for this build, I couldn't find anything on it. So don't hold back. I'll see you when I finish the build!