CPU CRYORIG C7 copper released on Taobao at very limited quantities

Untero

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 14, 2017
Check out what I've found on taobao.
Due to manufacturing process of C7 copper version was delayed multiple times (1 year total delay) I'm not 100% sure this release would see mass production of this cooler.
I'm getting curious if silent launch and multiple delays are caused by some technical flaws of a cooler.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
"TDP raised from 100W to 130W"; "feels roughly double than the 350g of the normal version"

interesting interesting. wonder if @Kmpkt is willing/able to weigh in

EDIT: Roughly 71.37 USD o_o not factoring any shipping

Last edited:

Untero

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Dec 14, 2017
Here is a quick open-box of the copper C7. Thermal testing will come later. If interested, keep an eye on that thread starter.

https://www.chiphell.com/thread-1840437-1-1.html
Nice found!
"It is estimated that this limited edition of the CU There is a regular version of the double weight"
Wow, I knew copper version should've been heavier than a default one, but I haven't released it might be twice of 350g. Damn heavy thing.

Elerek

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 17, 2017
If it ends up being on par with an lp53+noctua, maybe I'll buy the black one... looks super nice, definitely better looking than the l9i.

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
I just went around the seller's page. it's graphite coated by the seller themself ._.
I also checked out his site. He also sells the graphene in 50ml and 100ml quantity. The coating will supposedly help heat dissipation. The paste looks a little dense and I wonder if you can just spray paint with a hobby air brush to achieve a uniform coating. I think, even if the thermal advantage is mediocre, the asethetic end result looks very 'cool' (pun intended).

Chrizz

Average Stuffer
Jan 23, 2017
I also checked out his site. He also sells the graphene in 50ml and 100ml quantity. The coating will supposedly help heat dissipation. The paste looks a little dense and I wonder if you can just spray paint with a hobby air brush to achieve a uniform coating. I think, even if the thermal advantage is mediocre, the asethetic end result looks very 'cool' (pun intended).

I'm skeptical of the graphene improving performance. The only way in which I could see it improving performance is if the coat is grainy, thereby increasing surface area, but even that would be marginal at best, nowhere near the claimed 30% increased heat exchange.

jenosmaverick

Cable Smoosher
Apr 6, 2018
Hi! I'm just new here btw. So anyone placed an order already? I badly wanted this cooler for my dan case so i can finally use a 8600/8700. Thanks :)

BernardoZ

Founder of Z-CASES
z-cases.com
Feb 7, 2018
www.z-cases.com
Wow, they do this graphene coating on a lot of other famous low-profile cpu coolers too, not just the C7.

That's really interesting stuff, I wonder if there is a real impact on temps.
What do you think @Kmpkt ?

Last edited:

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
thread over at chiphell had a new comment from OP:

tested in a... 银河W1 cylinder case (what company's 银河?) using Prime95 on an i7 7700K @ 4.5Ghz
Noctua L9x65
  • 46C idle (22.1C ambient)
    • deltaT 23.9C ish
  • 73C full load (22.2C ambient)
    • deltaT 50.8C ish
Cryorig Copper C7
  • 42C idle (22.6C ambient)
    • deltaT 19.4C ish
  • 72C full load (22.6C ambient)
    • deltaT 49.4C ish
lower idle but roughly the same at max. would really someone with access to an x299 CPU and the Copper C7 to test

@tinyitx

annasoh323

Master of Cramming
Apr 4, 2018
I remember hearing somewhere that Cryorig was sending out the C7 Cu units with their Taku cases off of the Kickstarter. did that get nixed? I haven't really been following the Taku, so I don't know the story behind it. Like most of us here, I've been checking in for news about the C7 Cu periodically. The initial testing results above are promising but in my studies, I'm not sure that there was a huge difference between the C7 and x65 to begin with (could be very wrong). Here's hoping to see news about a wider release/numbers comparing C7 classic with C7 copper soon.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
oh right! the backers of the taku had the opportunity to buy one even after the kickstarter failed. maybe that included a copper c7? o_o

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
I searched for Graphene coating online to see what other professional applications it has. It seems it does help transfer the heat and some are saying "4x" increase in heat transfer. However, CPU radiators are transferring the heat to the air while the professional applications are usually for condensors which are absorbing heat from water/steam. So that seems a bit like the opposite...

It seems graphene might be more useful as a replacement for TIM (ARE YOU READING THIS INTEL???)

I'll order one of his graphene heat sinks today and hopefully see how it works this week.

thread over at chiphell had a new comment from OP:

tested in a... 银河W1 cylinder case (what company's 银河?) using Prime95 on an i7 7700K @ 4.5Ghz
Noctua L9x65
  • 46C idle (22.1C ambient)
    • deltaT 23.9C ish
  • 73C full load (22.2C ambient)
    • deltaT 50.8C ish
Cryorig Copper C7
  • 42C idle (22.6C ambient)
    • deltaT 19.4C ish
  • 72C full load (22.6C ambient)
    • deltaT 49.4C ish

The W1 is another startup case on taobao kind of like the Mac Pro trashcan. I think 银河 means Silver River or Galaxy, maybe someone with better Chinese can tell.

1C improvement seems like it's a waste of time. I was talking with KMPKT about this a few months ago and we were both expecting the Cu C7 won't offer much improvement if any at all. Might be why it's taking so long to reach the market, as marketing has to find a way to spin it and show more improvement than it really is.