CPU CRYORIG C7 copper released on Taobao at very limited quantities

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
Yeah I think so, I have seen other sellers do this when their product is in high demand or for whatever reason they aren't willing to sell.

There is a case called "Arcube" that is a really cool design. I first saw it 3 years ago for 999 rmb, I tried to order it and had some conversation with the seller but after a week or so he cancelled it. At first I though it was because he ran out of stock but months later he still had no reviews. I think maybe he was not able to find someone to produce it. Later I saw the price was like 10,000 rmb or something, so I think likely they use the page to get hits and attention and see if the product is worth selling (and how much they can sell it for). To be honest its not an awful idea if you aren't sure what to charge, just see what people are willing to pay. I was willing to pay double for the Arcube compared to what he was asking :/ Unfortunately as far as I can tell the case never went to production, though the taobao posting is still there.

VegetableStu

Shrink Ray Wielder
Aug 18, 2016
yeah I just re-read "using graphene as TIM". I wonder if getting the goop to see if it works as the TIM as me plebians usually use (like under CPU coolers) would be worth it...

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
Graphene as a TIM on Intel CPU's is probably going to do more to lower temperatures than all the graphene coating in the world on a radiator.

I'd love to see specially binned Ryzen chips with a graphene TIM that could reach 5.0ghz and stay cool. Even at $500 i'd buy an 6-8 core Ryzen just to give Intel something to think about.

Blitzhex

Chassis Packer
Apr 7, 2018
I got mine for 369 RMB a couple of days ago from another seller and there's more popping up for the same price now. That's probably the real MSRP. Also got custom a9x14 c7 fan clips off grey whale and they're headed to superbuy's warehouse right now. Should be here in a week or two.

I've got a l9i to compare it to for temps, but i'll only be using the a9x14 on the c7 cu in my dan case v2.

Reactions: NinoPecorino

Blitzhex

Chassis Packer
Apr 7, 2018
Edited: Added L9i retest with better thermal paste application.

Posted a couple of weeks ago that I'd post my results and here they are. The l9i is included for comparison, which is the only other sff heatsink I have.

Test conditions: 25c ambient, NT-H1 and a9x14 used on both heatsinks, TDP set to 120w, fan speed set to max (2.5k), vcore 1.04, all core 4.3ghz, prime95 8k inplace FFTs for 10 mins inside dan a4-sfx v2, no mods apart from delid and hwmonitor was reset a few minutes into the test to clear idle values.

Test results:
L9i (bad paste coverage):

L9i retest (good paste coverage):

C7cu:

C7cu
Pros: 45c ΔT
Cons: Turbulence (in A4-sfx) starting from 1.3k rpm /w a9x14 and x2 the weight of alu verison.

Last edited:
Reactions: IntoxicatedPuma

Blitzhex

Chassis Packer
Apr 7, 2018
mmmmnnn that coverage.... is that fair? ._.

Lol, no idea how that happened. The screws were tight and I used the same amount of paste I always do. The die area was covered on the IHS and the temps were pretty ok though.

Might go back to the l9i at some point because c7cu (a9x14) turbulence is pretty annoying in dan case. Sound matters to me a lot.

Also getting a straight 10c drop in games compared to the l9i, this is with auto fan though.. running around 1.3k-1.5k rpm.

Edit: Forgot to mention I've reseated the l9i a few times last month with proper paste coverage and the temps were always roughly around the same, give or take 3c.

Last edited:
Reactions: VegetableStu

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
¥369 looks really like the official price (ie not jacked up due to limited availability of early launch). It looks like a number of Taobao sellers will receive a big shipment in this weekend. This looks correct as I browse a few local computer stores today and see they already have stock for sale.

Reactions: VegetableStu

annasoh323

Master of Cramming
Apr 4, 2018
I just about had a heart attack seeing the plastic warning label under (over?) the paste. Then I saw your disclaimer, downed a chill pill, and proceeded to read about the results.

Don't worry, the plastic was removed

Those temp numbers certainly seem significant since it's a heatsink vs. heatsink comparison because of the fan swap. I wonder if others will see similar results with such a comparison. I have a full-height NF-A9 strapped to a regular C7 in a Silverstone RVZ02 via kludge klips(TM) (aka thick paper clips). The sound is much improved over both the stock fan and another kludged-in B-Gears fan I had (temps were pretty nice though). I imagine that I don't have the same turbulence problems due to the extra height the Raven provides but it's a two-edged sword.

Speaking of my kludge klips(TM)...

May I ask where you got these? As fond as I am of my mod... I'm really not that fond of my mod. Would a standard 92mm x 25mm fan work with those retention bars?

Blitzhex

Chassis Packer
Apr 7, 2018
I just about had a heart attack seeing the plastic warning label under (over?) the paste. Then I saw your disclaimer, downed a chill pill, and proceeded to read about the results.

Those temp numbers certainly seem significant since it's a heatsink vs. heatsink comparison because of the fan swap. I wonder if others will see similar results with such a comparison. I have a full-height NF-A9 strapped to a regular C7 in a Silverstone RVZ02 via kludge klips(TM) (aka thick paper clips). The sound is much improved over both the stock fan and another kludged-in B-Gears fan I had (temps were pretty nice though). I imagine that I don't have the same turbulence problems due to the extra height the Raven provides but it's a two-edged sword.

Speaking of my kludge klips(TM)...

May I ask where you got these? As fond as I am of my mod... I'm really not that fond of my mod. Would a standard 92mm x 25mm fan work with those retention bars?

My fan sits right next to the side panel, hence the turbulence, you won't have a problem if you have a bit of space between them.

These are the clips.
https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?id=562562405273
They would work on a 25mm if you mount them higher up on one of the two notches that are on the side of the heatsink instead of the bottom, or you could bend them open more.

It's not a true heatsink vs heatsink test though because it's inside a case and paste coverage differences. The c7cu sits right next to the sidepanel, so maybe its recycling less heat than the l9i. I know people have gotten big temp drops with a fan ducts on l9i. These are just my findings and only really relevant if you have a similar setup to mine.

Last edited: