Power Supply Crashes under load

Elec11

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Sep 11, 2019
Hi all,

I've just gotten my S4 Mini but I've been having some problems with my PC crashing.

I had a working Node 202 build and decided to swap cases. Basically hardware wise the only thing that changed was the case, of course and the PSU.

My PSU of choice was the HD-plex AC-DC/DC-ATX 400W combo. Josh had a build video with a similar video card, inno3d 2070, so I knew it should atleast fit.

I build everything outside the case to test if 400w was enough. And everything seemed fine. I build it into my S4 mini and it seemed to work until I tested a game. It shut off under load. Aida 64 cpu+gpu worked fine but not actual games. Then I decided to test Aida cpu+gpu and furmark to simulate a real gpu load. Next thing I knew it shut down.

After my tests I took everything out of the case, no crashes. I put it back it crashed again. I was sure I had messed up the wiring but after having built the same build 3 times. I was pretty confident the wiring was fine.

The PSU does not seem too hot,
I have updated my video drivers as well.

Now for my question:
What could my shutdown under load issue be?

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
What are the temps? Is the motherboard shorting or something shotring? Maybe SSD temps are hot(if you have a high end m.2 located on back).

Use some hardware monitoring software while under load to check if it is a temp issue.

Elec11

Minimal Tinkerer
Original poster
New User
Sep 11, 2019
What are the temps? Is the motherboard shorting or something shotring? Maybe SSD temps are hot(if you have a high end m.2 located on back).

Use some hardware monitoring software while under load to check if it is a temp issue.

It definitely has something to do with the HD-plex AC-DC,
Having the brick standing upright works perfectly.