CPU cooler for Ghost

deadline

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 9, 2018
161
67
Bergen, Norway
Hello guys! I've been overthinking the subject of CPU coolers while waiting for my Louqe Ghost. I know the NH-L12, due to a favourable test from Louqe, is the go-to cooler, but I have other needs.

It must not be in conflict with neither RAM nor heatsinks on the motherboard. In other words, a small footprint. Bending pipes or removing heatsinks is not an option. This means the Alpenføhn Black Ridge/NH-L12 is out of the question.

So, I'm left with the following:

1. Cryorig C7 or C7 cu with 25mm noctua fan (with fanduct)

2. Noctua L9i/a (possibly with fan duct if i get a 25mm fan)

3.Noctua L9x65 (turbulence issues?)

4. Other

Can any of you oracles point me in the right direction? Not planning on overclocking, just a silent cooler that stays out of the way. :)
 

deadline

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 9, 2018
161
67
Bergen, Norway
It depends a little on what the weekends' sales brings. Ryzen 7 2700X (too hot?) or an Intel i7-7900 methinks. I know a small cooler is always about compromises, but if I could overclock a little without toasting all the things, that would be nice. Ryzen has some automatic overclock function?
 

el01

King of Cable Management
Jun 4, 2018
770
588
Front Range, CO
Hello guys! I've been overthinking the subject of CPU coolers while waiting for my Louqe Ghost. I know the NH-L12, due to a favourable test from Louqe, is the go-to cooler, but I have other needs.

It must not be in conflict with neither RAM nor heatsinks on the motherboard. In other words, a small footprint. Bending pipes or removing heatsinks is not an option. This means the Alpenføhn Black Ridge/NH-L12 is out of the question.

So, I'm left with the following:

1. Cryorig C7 or C7 cu with 25mm noctua fan (with fanduct)

2. Noctua L9i/a (possibly with fan duct if i get a 25mm fan)

3.Noctua L9x65 (turbulence issues?)

4. Other

Can any of you oracles point me in the right direction? Not planning on overclocking, just a silent cooler that stays out of the way. :)
https://www.newegg.com/Product/Prod...sink&cm_re=1u_heatsink-_-35-114-143-_-Product

Probably loud, most likely hot, but damn that heatsink is slim!
 

Solo

King of Cable Management
Nov 18, 2017
922
1,553
35
US-MI

These are, in fact, loud as hell blower fans. I purchased and tested the Dynatron R25 with a 5820k and while it cooled the chip perfectly fine, it was literally unusable in a desktop scenario. I can't recommend low profile server coolers at all for a desktop. End of story lol.
 
  • Like
Reactions: el01