Cooling Loque and Noctua collaborate on a "special edition" re-release of the NH-L12

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Jan 20, 2018
If the NH-L12S is too tall for your Ghost and the used market is letting you down, there's now hope:

"We've tested pretty much every low-profile cooler on the market in the Ghost S1 and even tried to create a complete custom solution in collaboration with Noctua, but nothing worked as well as our long-term favourite, the NH-L12," explains Patrik Michalski (Louqe CEO). "That's why we've ended up creating a customised special edition of this cooler that will be the ideal choice for all Ghost S1 users who are looking for the best possible air cooling solution."
(...)
With its single NF-B9 PWM 92 mm fan, the new Ghost S1 edition is tailored for use in this case and has been updated with the latest SecuFirm2 mounting hardware for all current mainstream sockets, including Intel LGA1200, LGA115x and AMD AM4. Topped off with Noctua's further improved, second-generation NT-H2 thermal compound and a full 6-year manufacturer's warranty, the NH-L12 Ghost S1 edition is the ideal choice for premium-grade quiet builds in the Louqe Ghost S1 chassis.

€/$55, available today.

From Techpowerup:

Reactions: Odd_Fox and rfarmer

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Pretty cool of Noctua to re release this cooler, perfect fit for the Ghost. I have the BS2 in my Ghost which always tested just a bit better than the L12 so i think I will keep it.

Reactions: Shinken1

Phuncz

Lord of the Boards
SFFn Staff
May 9, 2015
So my NH-L12 jumped up in value, now not being obsolete anymore :D
Seriously, I was keeping it around as it works very well.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
Another nice thing about this cooler is the 48mm ram clearance. When I switched my Ghost from watercooling to aircooling using a BS2 I had to stop using my G Skill trident Z but with the new L12 I could use it again. Damn looks like it is time to add to my growing cooler collection.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Original poster
Jan 20, 2018
So my NH-L12 jumped up in value, now not being obsolete anymore :D
Seriously, I was keeping it around as it works very well.
I dont know about that, I would think rarity combined with it being the best cooler for the Ghost would have driven up the price already. It is an excellent cooler though, no doubt about that.

rfarmer

Spatial Philosopher
Jul 7, 2017
I dont know about that, I would think rarity combined with it being the best cooler for the Ghost would have driven up the price already. It is an excellent cooler though, no doubt about that.
Actually the value on it just came way down, that cooler was going for an easy $150 on ebay before the release of the Ghost S1 Edition.

Reactions: Valantar

Dunedan

Caliper Novice
Sep 14, 2019
Does somebody know if there is a performance difference between the NH-L12S and NH-L12 when using the same fans? Also as the NH-L12 is 4mm deeper than the NH-L12S, are there known compatibility problems with that for certain boards/cases? If not the NH-L12 seems like a superior choice compared to the NH-L12S and I wonder why Noctua changed the measures when they introduced the NH-L12S.

hereforthefeast

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Oct 25, 2019
I got a Ghost edition cooler and it doesn't seem to perform any better than the cheaper IS-60, I will probably post a more detailed review soon.