Power Supply Corsair SF600 Platinum

Pedro

Trash Compacter
Dec 12, 2017
Just did a build with the previous model SF600, good god those silicone cables are so stiff.

Reactions: HZCH

Reldey

Master of Cramming
Feb 14, 2017
Wonder if the cable kits are compatible with the old ones, and if they will sell them individually...

Reactions: TheHig

tinyitx

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 25, 2018
The fan has not been upgraded, at least from what I read in the product webpage. It mentions going from standard 80mm to 92mm but the Gold version already uses 92mm fan. No mention of an improved fan speed profile.
The 3 'major' upgrades are 'From Gold to Platinum' and paracord individually sleeved cables and the ATX bracket.

Hmmm, I remember Corsair rep here once said that changing to such a set of upgraded cables would increase the cost of the PSU so much that Corsair will not do it. But now, it is done! The price increase is only from US$120 to US$140.

Walderstorn

Average Stuffer
Apr 29, 2018
God Damn, when i finally change to a small system this is announced after I have bought mine.

I am not 100% happy with the Silverstone but this one probably won't be quieter...

Saudsvartur

Cable Smoosher
May 22, 2018
God Damn, when i finally change to a small system this is announced after I have bought mine.

I am not 100% happy with the Silverstone but this one probably won't be quieter...

I was considering buying a SFXXX power supply this last weekend for my build as it was the one part I was set on. I'm glad I waited (thinking there would be a bunch of new stuff released corresponding with Computex).

Reactions: Julio Espinosa

PlayfulPhoenix

Founder of SFF.N
SFFLAB
Chimera Industries
Gold Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
The SFFN team will be meeting with Corsair later in the week to get some hands-on time with this (and other products)!

At first blush it looks like a very solid refinement of their first foray into SFX, which itself is one of the better units on the market.

visuar

Caliper Novice
Apr 12, 2018
Can you ask them if the fan curve etc. has changed at all compared to the SF600 gold?

Also curious if there's gonna be a platinum SF450, but I'll doubt they'll talk about that yet :)

Last edited:

heckinwoofer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Dec 14, 2017
The SFFN team will be meeting with Corsair later in the week to get some hands-on time with this (and other products)!

At first blush it looks like a very solid refinement of their first foray into SFX, which itself is one of the better units on the market.
Can you also ask them if they are gonna sell the individually sleeved cables separately?