Power Supply Corsair SF600 Platinum

Veryaton

Average Stuffer
Feb 28, 2017
Hi. I just ordered a SF600 Platinum. Where I can to buy custom lenght cables? I need one ATX only 15 cm and one 8 pin PCIe only 15 cm...

Last edited:

dorall

Trash Compacter
Oct 2, 2018
15cm? what does it have to do with ATX? it looks too short for a atx honestly? if you want them shorter the only bet is customods probably, or someone local who does custom cables. There's no way to buy shorter retail cables, they've to be custom made... you could look for some knock-off for the same model somewhere on ebay, but you've to be careful so that cables would be right and psu compatible

smitty2k1

King of Cable Management
Dec 3, 2016
I am talking about the cable, ATX 24 pin, the mobo and the PSU are very closed... ;)
I found a couple of sites, but it are a bit expensive :confused:
There is a user over on the SFFPC subreddit that makes cables for Corsair power supplies. I don't know his username but he is always mentioned if you search the subreddit.

Reactions: Veryaton

XcPNehVYlE4A3C

Average Stuffer
Feb 8, 2016
love this PSU. haven't seen my fan turn on yet. or maybe never noticed? dont game, but pretty heavy multitasking/productivity/creative work.

so for me its effectively fanless. :cool:

I've ordered some cable combs myself, to tidy it up a bit.

mind sharing which ones you got? just checked online and theres a million options in 3 different sizes, no idea which one will fit. 3.23mm says "corsair gen 2" is that what these are? thanks

Skarum

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Aug 21, 2018
mind sharing which ones you got? just checked online and theres a million options in 3 different sizes, no idea which one will fit. 3.23mm says "corsair gen 2" is that what these are? thanks

This one, but I haven't gotten around to installing it yet, and to be perfectly honest, I have no idea if they fit at all. Just went with a cheap, generic looking set off Amazon. I'll keep you updated!

rcbuggy88

Efficiency Noob
Feb 8, 2019
Is this psu quieter than the sf600 gold version? or is it just the rating? Also, how does it compare to the evga gm power supplies?

Hellow

Cable-Tie Ninja
Mar 7, 2019
Is there a way to distinguish the gold and the platinum rev?

The ref. looks like the same for both of them... Is there any sticker on the PSU or something else?

[Edit]

I've spoted this diff fyi

Last edited:
Reactions: Soul_Est

lawney

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Jun 28, 2018
The graphic design on the side stickers is slightly different between the two. You can see the gold has stripes and the platinum has just a corner taken off.

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
Is there a way to distinguish the gold and the platinum rev?

The ref. looks like the same for both of them... Is there any sticker on the PSU or something else?

[Edit]

I've spoted this diff fyi
I would suspect the specification stickers on the opposite side of the chassis from the label pictured above would list the different part numbers. Corsair's site lists the Platinum one as CP-9020182 and the gold as CP-9020105.