Enclosure Coolermaster NR200

maveric

Caliper Novice
Jun 5, 2020
I just realized that the TG panel on the white NR200P still has a black frame instead of white...

Not sure why they'd shoot themselves in the foot like that - would look much better with a white border.
Most likely a cost consideration. At this price point, I'm just thankful that they even offer a glass panel option at such a reasonable upcharge. IMHO, the black border really only looks bad when the case is empty because of the contrast with the white interior. Once the case is filled with components, it looks much better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Odd_Fox and owliwar

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
I just realized that the TG panel on the white NR200P still has a black frame instead of white.

Not sure why they'd shoot themselves in the foot like that - would look much better with a white border.
Agree, probably because they use the same glass and sticker. marginal cuts in cost but on a scale?
also, I haven't actually seen a single white case with white borders on glass
to me all white cases should be black on the inside to make cable management easier haha

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Most likely a cost consideration. At this price point, I'm just thankful that they even offer a glass panel option at such a reasonable upcharge. IMHO, the black border really only looks bad when the case is empty because of the contrast with the white interior. Once the case is filled with components, it looks much better.

I'd argue that having a white border would allow for pure white builds which would probably look really nice in this case. That said, you're not wrong in that most ITX parts and such including the PSU going in this thing would be black unless custom painted anyway.

Odd_Fox

Trash Compacter
Feb 8, 2020
So there appears to be some confusion on the cpu cooler clearance: Ali stated 158mm clearance, but the official spec is 155mm. Additionally, the techtesters video on the nr200 uses coolermasters hyper 212 black which is 158.8mm tall and proves to be too tall with the tempered glass side panel installed, although they make the (unverified) claim that it would have fit with the mesh side panel.

With the nh-u12a having a height of 158mm it would fit by some of these specs, but not others. Seems like we may have to wait until the community gets its hands on this case to get a proper measurement.

Jetpaction

Trash Compacter
Jan 4, 2020
If it fits an NH-U12A it should also fit an Arctic Freezer 34 Duo at 157mm hight, which offers similar performance but at half the cost (47 EUR vs. 95 EUR). With this case being below 100 EUR you can even have a good performing SFF case on a budget.

Given the layout of the case being very similar to the NCase M1 though I wonder if it wouldn't be more suitable for a top-down cooler like the C14S.

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
For those wondering abot potential vertical GPU + Tempered Glass side-panel results:

Seems it performs pretty well and much better than Ali expected.

Of note though is the correction that vertical GPUs are limited to two slots, not 3.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: bmacc and Odd_Fox

Odd_Fox

Trash Compacter
Feb 8, 2020
I’m curious to see how much more performance can be wrung out of the nh-u12a by experimenting with a variety of fan configs. Additionally Ali’s new test setup in the above vid has high cpu thermal output relative to the gpu, but I imagine an 8-core/16-thread paired with an rtx 3080 (more of an enthusiast gamer build) would pose a slightly different challenge in that you'd want to minimize heat-soak of the u12a from the gpu exhaust. If that were the case then a positive pressure build (both the top and bottom 120mm fans as intake) would feed the u12a fresh air and further encourage gpu exhaust to exit via the side panel. Just a theory but I'm looking forward to doing some testing!

prayogahs

Airflow Optimizer
Apr 21, 2019
For those wondering abot potential vertical GPU + Tempered Glass side-panel results:

Seems it performs pretty well and much better than Ali expected.

Of note though is the correction that vertical GPUs are limited to two slots, not 3.
Technically you can still fit up to 3 slot cards as long as it is using a 2 slot pcie bracket, but it will be right next to the vented/glass side panel

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
So I'm still waiting for the Dice Case to ship... I want that Distro Plate :)

But as a backup plan... I'm thinking this case would be ideal for a build re-using my existing parts:
  • EK D5 Pump
  • HWLabs LS280 Stealth Radiator
  • CPU Block & GPU block
So looking at this case, I was struggling to think of where to put a pump/res combo while still getting a 280mm radiator on the side panel and a slim 240mm on the bottom. Then I remembered this new EK FLT Reservoir that fits where 240mm fans would fit. I could put that in the top of the case, have the pump sitting down either in front of of the PSU (if it fits) or if not, floating above the motherboard.

This would just require that res, an XSPC TX240, and two extra fans. I'd run one rad as intake and the other as exhaust. Any thoughts?

August

SFF Lingo Aficionado
SFFn Staff
Silver Supporter
Jun 19, 2019
gusmiller.com
…then I remembered this new EK FLT Reservoir that fits where 240mm fans would fit. I could put that in the top of the case, have the pump sitting down either in front of of the PSU (if it fits) or if not, floating above the motherboard…

Keep us posted on this! I've been curious about the LFT reservoirs for a minute, but what I don't understand is how they're supposed to mount. It seems like if you want the ports to be available for use, it's got to be attached facing away from the fan mounting brackets, but if you want to use a pump with it, it has to be facing toward the brackets… Nevermind, I'm just a dunce—there are standoffs included with the kit!

So, with that cleared up… ? I've also been curious about what's possible with the top fan mounts. It looks as though Corsair chose some kind of tool-free attachment, but for a radiator (or the FLT brackets), we'd need to access those mounting holes from the top.

Here's to hoping that top panel can be disassembled! I'm counting on being able to transplant by DA2's loop with all three radiators, but a bit scared that the top panel is permanently fixed together. ?

Edit: Took a look at Ali's preview, and noticed these little tabs… pretty crude, but should be easy enough to fold out of the way with some needle-nose pliers. Not so sure about the dampened mounting holes for the fans, though—apt to require some special-length 6-32 screws.

Last edited:

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
Keep us posted on this! I've been curious about the LFT reservoirs for a minute, but what I don't understand is how they're supposed to mount. It seems like if you want the ports to be available for use, it's got to be attached facing away from the fan mounting brackets, but if you want to use a pump with it, it has to be facing toward the brackets… Nevermind, I'm just a dunce—there are standoffs included with the kit!

So I totally spaced on that... you won't have enough space with the standoffs to mount the FLT res there. So instead I would just have to mount the pump to the back of the case and hope for the best? Not sure, have to rethink things...

August

SFF Lingo Aficionado
SFFn Staff
Silver Supporter
Jun 19, 2019
gusmiller.com
So I totally spaced on that... you won't have enough space with the standoffs to mount the FLT res there. So instead I would just have to mount the pump to the back of the case and hope for the best? Not sure, have to rethink things...

I think you could probably still fit the FLT + pump + standoffs in the bottom, if you were OK using just the 280mm radiator—plenty, right? The TX240 isn't easy to find, anyhow. ? Maybe an opportunity to simplify?

FWIW, I haven't found the need for a reservoir… could you reach for the Apogee Drive II, or maybe pick up one of the EK Phoenix modules that combines the pump and radiator?

ermac318

King of Cable Management
Mar 10, 2019
I think you could probably still fit the FLT + pump + standoffs in the bottom, if you were OK using just the 280mm radiator—plenty, right? The TX240 isn't easy to find, anyhow. ? Maybe an opportunity to simplify?

FWIW, I haven't found the need for a reservoir… could you reach for the Apogee Drive II, or maybe pick up one of the EK Phoenix modules that combines the pump and radiator?

I'm already in a custom loop with a single 280mm in the Fractal Design Nano S... I could potentially add another 240 radiator to the top, or a 120 to the rear, but I'm trying to go to a smaller case. I think going to the NR200 just for a single 280 would be silly, there are better options if I wanted to do something like that.

I'm aware of the Apogee Drive II, but I have a D5 pump and want to keep it.

Reactions: August

Valantar

Shrink Ray Wielder
Jan 20, 2018
A bit late to the party here, but I'll most likely be getting one of these, for two reasons: compatibility (I'll be able to fit my custom loop in there, and even replace my one 120mm rad with a 280mm) and availability. Given the massive cost of importing any roughly equivalent small-volume case, this is likely going to be the only option for me for the foreseeable future. Definitely no window for me, I'll probably go for the white, get a 280mm rad to complement my EK 240 (I'm thinking bottom+side, leaving the top either empty or I might stick some fans there), get some QDCs for convenience, and replace my kinda-meh EK-SPC pump/res combo with an Alphacool Solo LT. That's not much of a pump for a dual rad CPU+GPU loop, but neither is the EK SPC, and it's served me fine, so I'll manage. Of course if the FreeFlo arrives before I get around to this that will be a shoo-in (if I can afford it!).