Enclosure Coolermaster NR200

Gingerbeer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Sep 6, 2019
Anyone seen the pics of the NR200 ITX chassis?

Looks really interesting - much inspiration taken from Ncase and Sliger, methinks, but large chassis manufacturers getting into the space has to be a good thing.

Apologies if this has already been covered, but I had a quick look and couldn't see anything.

If anyone has more info, I'd appreciate it. I don't think it'd drag me away from the M1, but the kids' PCs might get an upgrade.

dwade

Efficiency Noob
May 26, 2020
Looks awesome. I have my eyes on this one and the Lian Li 011 Mini. If Zen 3 can FINALLY beat Skylake in gaming, I might downsize to ITX, If not, O11 Mini with ATX it is!

Gingerbeer

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
Sep 6, 2019
Looks awesome. I have my eyes on this one and the Lian Li 011 Mini. If Zen 3 can FINALLY beat Skylake in gaming, I might downsize to ITX, If not, O11 Mini with ATX it is!
Umm, Zen2 can beat Sky Lake in gaming.

The O11 is a thing of beauty.

dwade

Efficiency Noob
May 26, 2020
Umm, Zen2 can beat Sky Lake in gaming.

The O11 is a thing of beauty.
Maybe there's one or two outliers games out there that favors Zen 2, but 99% of games are still best played on the ol' Skylake arch. Just look at how much headroom the 5 year old Skylake still has vs Zen 2. Zen 3 will need a huge improvement on Infinity Fabric itself to close the gap, especially when the upcoming Ampere flagship will be significantly faster than RTX 2080 ti!

O11 Mini is a beauty for sure!

Snerual

Cable-Tie Ninja
Jul 3, 2020
This is THE gateway case to convince more people to give SFF a try imo. It looks nice, should be broadly available and parts compatibility and cooling are very good.

Somehow I feel like this case could help kickstart the "SFF Revolution" and make ITX and SFX more mainstream and, as a consequence, affordable.

maveric

Caliper Novice
Jun 5, 2020
I've never been a fan of Cooler Master before, but this case has changed my mind! I hope that it sells well so that it encourages them to sell a "mini" version to compete directly with the NCASE M1. That would be epic!

kewtz

Efficiency Noob
Jul 10, 2020
This is making me second guess an NZXT H1 build if the dimensions stay where they are.
The thermal performance and AIO flexibility really make it a strong contender at the price point.

Reactions: owliwar

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Was originally going to 'settle' for the NZXT H1, assuming Ampere & Ryzen 4 come out well before the Sidearmd P1...

But now, it looks like it's a no-brainer to get the NR200 if you care about cooling within a sub-20L case. Especially at this price.

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
I am in awe actually. Cooler master cases are really popular here in Brazil and I definitely cant wait for this to appear here. I bet I can fit a micro atx motherboard in there easy peasy. the 3 slot also works wonders for markets where itx is inexistent or sparse.
I hope this is a gateway drug to spread sff into other markets for sure.
but I have mixed feelings reggarding market overall. gotta wait and see how this plays
If I have the chance, I'll definitely buy it

Reactions: Phuncz

viperguy212

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 21, 2020
Found this: . "60mm of clearance" so my guess is that with slim fans you can put a normal 30mm rad. 30mm rad + 15mm GPU block + 15mm fans. Watching the video he's got a ~35mm GPU in there and 25mm fans. Given the gap between the two there may be room for full size everything.

August

SFF Lingo Aficionado
SFFn Staff
Silver Supporter
Jun 19, 2019
gusmiller.com
I've got everything ready to go just need some confirmations on the bottom radiator support.

I went ahead and pre-ordered… figure it'd be an inexpensive way to tinker. Planning to transplant my DA2's custom loop, ideally preserving the top radiator, as well—the TX240 only occupies a little bit more space than two 120mm fans (and is thinner, at 20mm), so I'm optimistic.

P.S. Here's a link to the complete PDF manual. Found a link hidden in the HTML of the page on Cooler Master's website!

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
Do we know if the white version is glossy or powdered?

The specifications mentioned powdered steel, but this image for the white variant looks glossy on the corner. (Other images make it look more matte though, so...)

Also, seems there's no real issues with panel flex as some were worried about due to it being a more budget enclosure:

Last edited:

owliwar

Master of Cramming
Lazer3D
Apr 7, 2017
I went ahead and pre-ordered… figure it'd be an inexpensive way to tinker. Planning to transplant my DA2's custom loop, ideally preserving the top radiator, as well—the TX240 only occupies a little bit more space than two 120mm fans (and is thinner, at 20mm), so I'm optimistic.

P.S. Here's a link to the complete PDF manual. Found a link hidden in the HTML of the page on Cooler Master's website!

Nice! thanks for the Manual.
so it is really default support for Matx! thats great, thats really great

BRSxIgnition

Master of Cramming
Mar 15, 2020
I just realized that the TG panel on the white NR200P still has a black frame instead of white.

Not sure why they'd shoot themselves in the foot like that - would look much better with a white border.

Reactions: Phuncz