Production CONSOLE and CONSWOLE: entry level 2-slot and 3-slot console cases! [Available Now!]

jirachijirachi

Caliper Novice
Jul 16, 2018
The "slot" measurement is notoriously inaccurate. Every manufacturer measures it differently. We use it more as a general guideline.
The measurement that we ere with in terms of compatibility is the actual width measurement. The console is compatible with cards up-to 40mm wide. The card used in the photos is the Strix 1070, which comes in right at the 40mm mark!

I think part of the inconsistency comes from whether the manufacturer includes the rear thickness due to a backplate.

Can Console accept thicker card if the side panel is not used - or it might be blocked by some other elements of the case?

Sligerjack

Caliper Novice
Jul 29, 2019
www.sliger.com
I think part of the inconsistency comes from whether the manufacturer includes the rear thickness due to a backplate.

Can Console accept thicker card if the side panel is not used - or it might be blocked by some other elements of the case?
That's our working theory, also the way the cooler shrouds are with the newer coolers on cards, they have one fairing on the plastic that sticks up a few mm taller than the rest of the card!

Without the side panel you could use some wider "2-slot" cards, yes.

Jibbajabbawockers

Average Stuffer
May 2, 2019
Quick question- for the Conswole/Console, how much room is there behind the motherboard and the case when everything is all mounted? Specifically asking to see whether something like the WD Black SN750 M.2 drive with the heatsink would fit ok on the rear M.2 slot of the mobo?

MageTank

What's an ITX?
New User
Apr 10, 2020
This case is like a legitimate dream come true for me. I was working on a very similar design/layout several years ago, but never had the time to make it. Glad to see someone had a similar vision and actually managed to pull it off. Here is a picture of my crummy attempt at a similar design:

@KSliger , do you happen to have the measurements from the fan bracket to the closest standoff to the side panel on the Conswole version? I'd like to see if I can fit a slim 240mm crossthread radiator behind the GPU's riser where that fan bracket would go, if I were to install a single slot thick GPU block and have it installed in the PCIe slot bracket nearest the ventilated removable side panel. I'd like to use a Swiftech Apogee Drive II as a block/pump combo and build the loop without a reservoir. I don't mind dremeling out the proper ventilation for the rad since I doubt it will line up with your current design due to the lip thickness on the rads, but it would be neat if a 20mm thick radiator and 15mm thick fans would fit behind the GPU if I used the PCIe bracket slot furthest away from them. Sorry in advance if this was a poor explanation of what I am trying to do.

bikrant

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 12, 2020
Hi there,

First of all, I have to say I love this project.

I'm looking for a small form factor build and thinking of getting the Console version. :D

I was gonna get the Sapphire Pulse 5700 XT but it looks like there might be an issue with it not fitting inside the case. ?

GPU: Sapphire Pulse 5700 XT
Slots: 2.3 slots
Dimension: 254 x 135 x 46.5 (mm)

This case only supports up to 40mm of card width but the Sapphire takes up to 46.5 mm. Do I have to go for the Conswole version to support this GPU?

I might also have to use Alpenföhn Black Ridge CPU cooler instead of ID-Cooling IS-60 if I stick with the slim version.

Parts I'm planning to use:
https://pcpartpicker.com/list/nVz3jp

Pocky4Th3Win

Efficiency Noob
New User
Apr 16, 2020
Hey All,

I ordered a Sliger CONSWOLE to replace my Silverstone case and had some questions to anyone who has one. My current case has terrible air flow causing the motherboard to overheat (case on the bottom gets too hot to touch if gaming). How is the airflow on the CONSWOLE? I will have an ITX Ryzen 5 2600 Build with a 2080 Ti, can the case keep these cool?

kanxkeri

Cable Smoosher
Jan 16, 2020
Moved out the previous SV590 build onto Conswole since no intention to go AIO with the current build since air cooling was efficient enough. Figured to go downsize with all air cooling.

Upgraded to AXP-100 Copper w/ TY143B compare to AXP-90 w/ A9x14 HS-Chromax. Haven't done much testing but looks like same cooling or better.

100% satisfactory with Sliger again! SV590 will be kept for future high-end build.
Sliger Conswole

Bosmos

Efficiency Noob
Apr 7, 2018
Moved out the previous SV590 build onto Conswole since no intention to go AIO with the current build since air cooling was efficient enough. Figured to go downsize with all air cooling.

Upgraded to AXP-100 Copper w/ TY143B compare to AXP-90 w/ A9x14 HS-Chromax. Haven't done much testing but looks like same cooling or better.

100% satisfactory with Sliger again! SV590 will be kept for future high-end build.
Sliger Conswole
hey what cooler/gpu have you got in there? I got the conswole coming in, looks like tomorrow, and still deciding on parts to slap in this baby other than the exhaust fans and the l12s

kanxkeri

Cable Smoosher
Jan 16, 2020
hey what cooler/gpu have you got in there? I got the conswole coming in, looks like tomorrow, and still deciding on parts to slap in this baby other than the exhaust fans and the l12s
I used Arctic Accelero Xtreme III on EVGA RTX2080 ziptiding two A12x15 Chromax fans. Hovers high 40Cs with +90 cores and +320 mem under load with 30-40% fan speed I believe. GPU is much lower temp. than CPU easily. Ambient temp. is around 20C.

Pocky4Th3Win

Efficiency Noob
New User
Apr 16, 2020
So I have concerns regarding the case. I don't know if it has enough clearance on the bottom to sit horizontal with the given feet. My case gets really hot and I fear it can't cause failures. I wish the feet were taller. Also would like to see an option for a fan intake like in the front since I have plenty of room there.

Sligerjack

Caliper Novice
Jul 29, 2019
www.sliger.com
So I have concerns regarding the case. I don't know if it has enough clearance on the bottom to sit horizontal with the given feet. My case gets really hot and I fear it can't cause failures. I wish the feet were taller. Also would like to see an option for a fan intake like in the front since I have plenty of room there.
How do you have the fans under the GPU setup? They should be exhausting.
Also, what are the temps?

Pocky4Th3Win

Efficiency Noob
New User
Apr 16, 2020
How do you have the fans under the GPU setup? They should be exhausting.
Also, what are the temps?
Both fans are set to exhaust and I think that's causing my case/mobo to heat up. The air is being pushed down and under the case but there isn't much room under the case to dissipate.

My CPU is running normal with a stock cooler (60C idle) but the board is running 65C+.

Sligerjack

Caliper Novice
Jul 29, 2019
www.sliger.com
Both fans are set to exhaust and I think that's causing my case/mobo to heat up. The air is being pushed down and under the case but there isn't much room under the case to dissipate.

My CPU is running normal with a stock cooler (60C idle) but the board is running 65C+.
Got it. Those temps are well within operating spec, not really something I'd be concerned about.
If you're feeling adventurous, you can try the fans in the other direction, but from our testing it yielded significantly worse temps!

MORDOCtheGREAT

Cable Smoosher
Jul 22, 2019
I got my Console in yesterday and swapped all my stuff over. I have the ID-Cooling IS-60 which is 55mm. 2mm too tall. I bought the Cryorig XT140 fan to replace the stock ID fan. It's supposed to be 13mm, 2mm shorter than the stock fan. But they are the same thickness.... So big bummer. Also, the Cryorig fan would occupationally make a clicking/chirping noise so its out. Anyway, the little detents on the lid are screwed on with the same thread as motherboard standoffs. So I added some of those to make clearance with some soft stick on rubberish pads and viola. There is a gap, mainly at the front. But I like to think of it as a hood scoop.

Pocky4Th3Win

Efficiency Noob
New User
Apr 16, 2020
Got it. Those temps are well within operating spec, not really something I'd be concerned about.
If you're feeling adventurous, you can try the fans in the other direction, but from our testing it yielded significantly worse temps!
So as a test I increased the feet height by half and inch with some random items in my home and it helped overall thermals. I can actually feel the air moving around the bottom of the case now.

Those temps were at idle not while gaming. I will provide more accurate temps tonight. Wife wanted to play animal crossing last night so my time was limited...

murderbymodem

Average Stuffer
Jun 6, 2019

I have no experience with Ryzen CPUs, do they run hotter in general, or is the stock cooler garbage?

I have a Noctua L9i on my Core i5 9400 and it idles around 39-40c. My CPU doesn't get any hotter than 66c under a full 4K gaming benchmark (FFXV benchmark 1.2) in the Console. I'm running it horizontally with the included case feet as show in the album in my previous post, and my fans are set to exhaust as Sliger has them in their demo pictures.

So as a test I increased the feet height by half and inch with some random items in my home and it helped overall thermals. I can actually feel the air moving around the bottom of the case now.

Those temps were at idle not while gaming. I will provide more accurate temps tonight. Wife wanted to play animal crossing last night so my time was limited...
Now that I'm looking at your setup, it probably has something to do with the fact that you have it on a very enclosed shelf. The shelf in my entertainment center is much more open.

Last edited:

Pocky4Th3Win

Efficiency Noob
New User
Apr 16, 2020
I moved my case to the top of my tv stand and it's still running pretty hot. Haven't had any shit downs like the previous case but it's still concerning. Any way I could order a stand to try it vertical? Don't see a part order option on the site.

Sligerjack

Caliper Novice
Jul 29, 2019
www.sliger.com
I moved my case to the top of my tv stand and it's still running pretty hot. Haven't had any shit downs like the previous case but it's still concerning. Any way I could order a stand to try it vertical? Don't see a part order option on the site.
The base plates will be available for purchase separately in a week or so. Holding off until we can get another batch of them through powder coat!

Reactions: Allhopeforhumanity