Production CONSOLE and CONSWOLE: entry level 2-slot and 3-slot console cases! [Available Now!]

Soul_Est

SFF Guru
SFFn Staff
Feb 12, 2016
First pictures for you guys!

This is amazing. Are SFX power supplies strongly recommended or would SFX-L work as well? I did some rudimentary measurements and SFX-L could just fit. I'm looking at the Corsair SF600 or SF750 Platinum (SFX) and the SeaSonic Focus SGX-650 (SFX-L).

Last edited:
Reactions: CountNoctua

tifaff

Average Stuffer
May 8, 2019
ohh very nice, i cant see the scews, how i open the side panel?

i need a hex or a screwdriver?

and the main question, console vs sandwich, which cases have better temps?

Last edited:

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
ohh very nice, i cant see the scews, how i open the side panel?

i need a hex or a screwdriver?

and the main question, console vs sandwich, which cases have better temps?

My comment about temps earlier in this thread. It is speculation based on theory not practicality since I don't know and there are a fair amount of variables. It comes down Ultimately to which case can more efficiently exhaust warm air (even within the same layout. (Dan a4 vs ghost s1 with no tophat vs kolink rocket.... Etc. Or sentry vs node 202 vs rvz03 vs ml08). I would say it's not even fair to compare this to a sentry due to the GPU layout being different.

Only time and tests will tell how this compares to sandwich layout cases.

To me, personally, the battle between console vs sandwich is asetetics and practicality(use case). Some people like console because it can fit in a backpack better than some sandwich cases, or maybe the smaller foot print, or even that it's thin enough to put under a monitor stand. But some people like the look of one more than the other. Some people like the sandwich for similar nor even completely different uses. Temps are important, but I feel this case(with the dual 120mm fans behind the gpu will blow most console cases away as far as temps go, but again, only time will tell...

Last edited:
Reactions: Soul_Est

chyll2

Master of Cramming
Jun 27, 2018
agreed, it is just form factor at the moment. How it performs, it will be case to case (ha!) basis.

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
My comment about temps earlier in this thread. It is speculation based on theory not practicality since I don't know and there are a fair amount of variables. It comes down Ultimately to which case can more efficiently exhaust warm air (even within the same layout. (Dan a4 vs ghost s1 with no tophat vs kolink rocket.... Etc. Or sentry vs node 202 vs rvz03 vs ml08). I would say it's not even fair to compare this to a sentry due to the GPU layout being different.

Only time and tests will tell how this compares to sandwich layout cases.

To me, personally, the battle between console vs sandwich is asetetics and practicality(use case). Some people like console because it can fit in a backpack better than some sandwich cases, or maybe the smaller foot print, or even that it's thin enough to put under a monitor stand. But some people like the look of one more than the other. Some people like the sandwich for similar nor even completely different uses. Temps are important, but I feel this case(with the dual 120mm fans behind the gpu will blow most console cases away as far as temps go, but again, only time will tell...

In my limited experience, sandwich designs usually go in backpacks easier, as most console style are too wide to fit in an average backpack. I learned that to my chagrin with the rvz02 and rvz03. Where as the depth isn’t usually a problem, and you can put the KB&M, controller and headset beside it.

I agree about prefering the aesthetics about console style though, that’s why Sliger needs to go ahead and build me one of these already ?!

Linero

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2017
In my limited experience, sandwich designs usually go in backpacks easier, as most console style are too wide to fit in an average backpack. I learned that to my chagrin with the rvz02 and rvz03.
That is... a strange outcome you have reached. I have been interested in the console styled case solely for its unbeatable portability. I think the cause for your assumption was the cases that you have used were quite thicc compared to all the good stuff we get to see on the SFF forum. Console cases here are the best in backpacks or even laptop bags (like the zaber sentry).

Sandwich cases on the other hand are bulky and wide, and would need a square handbag just to carry the case. That is just how I see it.

Reactions: CountNoctua

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
In my limited experience, sandwich designs usually go in backpacks easier, as most console style are too wide to fit in an average backpack. I learned that to my chagrin with the rvz02 and rvz03. Where as the depth isn’t usually a problem, and you can put the KB&M, controller and headset beside it.

I agree about prefering the aesthetics about console style though, that’s why Sliger needs to go ahead and build me one of these already ?!
Yeah but with these smaller console size cases it makes it much easier.

Size comparison (all in the horizontal orientation)

Mainstream:(WxHx D)
  • rvz03: 382 x 105 x 364mm, 14.6L
  • Ml08: 380 x 87 x 370mm, 12L
  • Node 202: 377 x 82 x 330mm, 10.2L

Boutique:(WxHx D)

• Sliger console: 356 x 68 x 343mm 8.3L
  • Sliger conswole: 356 x 90 x 343mm, 11L
  • sentry 2.0: 340 x 66 x 310mm, 6.9L
  • savlo s402: 368 x 78mm x 327mm, 9.4L
  • P-atx: 343 x 72 x 380mm, 9.4L

Gaming console: (WxHx D)

• Xbox one: 330 x 79 x 274, 7.1l
  • Xbox one s: 295 x 64 x 230, 4.34L
  • Xbox one x: 300 x 60 x 240, 4.32L
  • PS4: 305 x 53 x 275mm, 4.45l
  • PS4 slim: 288 x 39 x 265mm, 2.97L
  • PS4 pro: 327 x 55 x 295, 5.3L

so a fair bit smaller than the rvz03, :)

Edit: added p-atx case

Last edited:

Poblopuablo

King of Cable Management
Jan 14, 2018
Sandwich cases on the other hand are bulky and wide, and would need a square handbag just to carry the case. That is just how I see it.
I'd agree. For the most part, yes. Main exception are the smallest ones, notably the velka 5. Or some that have flex PSU and/or itx GPU sandwich (like velka 3 and k39)

loader963

King of Cable Management
Jan 21, 2017
That is... a strange outcome you have reached. I have been interested in the console styled case solely for its unbeatable portability. I think the cause for your assumption was the cases that you have used were quite thicc compared to all the good stuff we get to see on the SFF forum. Console cases here are the best in backpacks or even laptop bags (like the zaber sentry).

True now, but really only due to a few recent cases. Those boutique cases have only been out in the last 2 years as well, in limited availability, and the cons(w)ole not even being released yet :). The s4 mini back then was really the only alternative, but the mini gpu requirements were a big turn off. I remember being excited for the node 202, til I realized what size bookbag it needed. Got me into looking more at some of the shoebox desgins instead. I'd seen a few silverstones at LANs that were able to be carried in regular sized bookbags that had me intrigued. But it really hit home when I got a custom mod sfx (sandwich style case) a while back it really showed me how much easier it is to put in a regular sized backpack.

Last edited:

Linero

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 9, 2017
I'd agree. For the most part, yes. Main exception are the smallest ones, notably the velka 5. Or some that have flex PSU and/or itx GPU sandwich (like velka 3 and k39)
Yeah! At one point in size reduction, even the shoebox design becomes portable too.

True now, but really only due to a few recent cases. Those boutique cases have only been out in the last 2 years as well, in limited availability, and the cons(w)ole not even being released yet :). The s4 mini back then was really the only alternative, but the mini gpu requirements were a big turn off. I remember being excited for the node 202, til I realized what size bookbag it needed. Got me into looking more at some of the shoebox desgins instead. I'd seen a few silverstones at LANs that were able to be carried in regular sized bookbags that had me intrigued. But it really hit home when I got a custom mod sfx (sandwich style case) a while back it really showed me how much easier it is to put in a regular sized backpack.
My entry ticket to this niche community and "hobby" was through the node 202 and sentry (merely wishing for them) right after. Despite how flawed the node 202 was, I still saw many topics named "node 202 handbag/backpack".
I would also say that I would prefer carrying my build through my backpack for more safety, ease and less wobble. I also dislike to carry anything by hand haha. Which led me to my current preference of only console style cases.

KSliger

King of Cable Management
Original poster
Sliger Designs
May 8, 2015
Did some thermal testing and my results seem whacked out.

Please let me know your thoughts

Here is the part of the video of the Sentry 2.0 by Optimum Tech where he posts his results with an i5-8400 (six core, 4GHz) in various systems including 3 console style cases using the same Cryorig C7 CU cooler.

i5-8400 @4GHz in Sentry 2.0 w/ Cryorig C7 CU: 62.3C

i5-9600K @4GHz in CONSOLE w/ Cryorig C7 CU: 45C [not a typo, yes, 45C]

i5-9600K @4.5GHz in CONSOLE w/ Cryorig C7 CU: 69C

Can't be right.

CountNoctua

(no relation)
Jul 11, 2019
Hmm no immediate idea, I assume you are controlling fan speed for both. I would run Cinebench a few times (with CPU-Z or HWiNFO showing all cores running to see clock speed is holding} after each clock adjustment, before running AIDA64, just to make sure the performance is matching what you expect and that it's not throttling in some way (e.g. Windows power plan or something else). Also curious what voltage the two CPUs are drawing at 4GHz and whether MCE is on or off.

Last edited:
Reactions: Soul_Est