Stalled Catz C-1 (5L), C-SFX (10L) and C-WS (15L)

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 22, 2017
little problem on production - unibodies dxf file with and without odd cut have same name and laser software use only one file and cut only elements with odd cutout. Tomorrow everything will be ready.

Does that mean all the unibody elements you got on order were cut with ODD?

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 22, 2017
Yes. But yesterday they made new without cutout, and now elements are bending. So i get It in few hours.

That was fast! I thought you were stuck now with a lot of unibodies you couldn't use. Ok, cool! Keep us posted, excited to build in this thing!

Reactions: Grafite

Grafite

3D Printing Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2017
Well while we wait, I got a package today!

The card is really small and well built. It's a little noisy at higher RPMs.

Here is my current system:

It's undergoing changes but it's an i5-6500, 16 GB G.Skill ram, and a Zotac 1080 now. I plan on swapping out my SSD with an M.2 in the Catz.

Edit: Oh and the cable management could be a lot better, but I'm too lazy.

amitoza

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
CATZ
Feb 10, 2017
C-1 Ready for powder coating ;)

And some photos of C-WS

honeycomb side panel.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
The unibody shell for the C-WS looks much beefier than my Jonsbo U2 :eek:

Last edited:

amitoza

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
CATZ
Feb 10, 2017
In next week i'll make C-WS with smooth unibody (without button), and tempered glass side panel.

Reactions: Runamok81

amitoza

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
CATZ
Feb 10, 2017
@amitoza

I love the case design - Is there any way to get CPU and GPU both facing upwards on the larger case? With an extra long riser cable? Or custom made cards?
No problem ;) I made gpu facing down because some people don't want long flexible risers, and I designed it for 90* riser card.

So if you want I can make C-1 design with C-SFX dimensions, without ODD cut out, and with bracket for SFX PSU.

C-WS prototype from other side :) I know - backside vents don't suit to side panel, but this is just prototype ;)

Last edited:

Curiosity

Too busy figuring out if I can to think if I shoul
Platinum Supporter
Bronze Supporter
M...M...M...M...Multi-Tier...Subscriber...
Apr 30, 2016
I just noticed-
amitoza said:
Specification:
- Volume: 350x209x69 (5,04L) with unibody, 379x217x69 (5,67L) with unibody
Shouldn't that be:
Specification:
- Volume: 350x209x69 (5,04L) without unibody, 379x217x69 (5,67L) with unibody
?
;)

deadz0ne

Caliper Novice
Mar 16, 2017
Just ordered my C-1. According to Szymon he will start production on monday, so the case should be here in about 3 weeks. Has anyone else received their C-1 yet?
I will post build pictures once all parts are there.

Reactions: cmyk78

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 22, 2017
Just ordered my C-1. According to Szymon he will start production on monday, so the case should be here in about 3 weeks. Has anyone else received their C-1 yet?
I will post build pictures once all parts are there.

Original orders for C1 were placed back as early as February 23rd - that is at least as early as the link was provided to me and other folks on SFF. I purchased on February 25th, and so it has been 3 weeks now - but there were apparently some hold-ups with production issues, mistakes with ODD cutout models, and delays on the unibody pieces.

I am in the EU so any of us here are likely to receive our units much faster than overseas orders. I asked @amitoza above when they would be shipped out and was told powder coating takes 3-5 work days - so, presumably starting this Monday, as well. That puts powder coating finished this week coming and so likely ship out the week after likely to receive a week from shipment. That puts the entire wait time at about 1 month and 1 week.

We were told 3 weeks (closer to 2, actually) until "realization" when first ordering - however that is always a much too generous time-period with custom cases without a well-oiled process in place, and so I would suggest taking that with a grain of salt. As a general rule, if you are in a hurry do not order custom cases.

All that to say, no one has received their C1 yet, and they won't for at least a couple more weeks. That being said, @amitoza was always quick with keeping us updated, posting pictures of the process here, and fast with useful, and knowledgeable messages about compatibility.

I can't wait!

amitoza

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
CATZ
Feb 10, 2017
First batch will be ready next week, Second bath by the end of month - now i don't need to wait for 5mm aluminium so everything should be without delay.

Grafite

3D Printing Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2017
@amitoza I thought the original case you showed was in Matte, so thats why I chose that. Either way, I'm pretty excited to see how our cases!

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
For everyone who ordered matt color - comparison matt and small grain

In my opinion small grain looks much better, so its last chance for change. ;)

I don't think I specified on my order, but if it's possible I'd definitely prefer the fine grain paint coat. I was in the second batch and my email is my username if that helps.

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 22, 2017
@amitoza I thought the original case you showed was in Matte, so thats why I chose that. Either way, I'm pretty excited to see how our cases!

I chose the original model he displayed too - with the same colors and everything. Black with a white unibody, but that unibody is the fine grain and looks great.