Stalled Catz C-1 (5L), C-SFX (10L) and C-WS (15L)

amitoza

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
CATZ
Feb 10, 2017
New project?

possible smaller version for flexATX or hdplex 300W, but sfx is the most common in my opinion.

eggDK

Average Stuffer
Mar 14, 2016
IMO, the step down from sfx should be pico.. When looking for a case, I'm going for either the most standard solution or the most compact. But this looks nice, what are the outside dimensions?

Reactions: Curiosity

Bruman

Trash Compacter
Feb 24, 2017
Very keen to order a unibody case, love that both the CPU and GPU face the same side, but would like to see some build logs before I commit @bledha maybe?

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 22, 2017
Very keen to order a unibody case, love that both the CPU and GPU face the same side, but would like to see some build logs before I commit @bledha maybe?

Very happy to take some photos with my board and HDPlex in there - but it will be a little while until I can justify the money on the GPU. Still trying to figure out which risers can power a 1050ti reliably without a molex, and failing that - having to buy card with the 6-pin power. This information is not easy to find even on the interwebs. Basically, it is all a big gamble.

Hopefully someone else can get a nice log up to help you make your decision. I will however document my build when I can get all my pieces together :)

Bruman

Trash Compacter
Feb 24, 2017
Thanks, good luck with the riser search, I would be in the same boat but I'll probably be putting a card that requires a 6 or 8 pin connector in here if it is to replace my main rig anyway.

@amitoza : any chance of an .STL (or other file format) containing the Catz C-1 with the Unibody to test builds and color beforehand? Could always mock something up myself to approximate the shape of this case but will only do that if I need to. Choosing the right color combo is harder than I thought.

Raxe

Trash Compacter
Mar 3, 2017
any chance of an .STL (or other file format) containing the Catz C-1 with the Unibody to test builds and color beforehand? Could always mock something up myself to approximate the shape of this case but will only do that if I need to. Choosing the right color combo is harder than I thought.

If there´s no luck, you can try the super dirty but quick photoshop ;)

PD: Your eyes gonna bleed, but it´s something made fast being too lazy with the program

Reactions: Bruman

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
@Bruman I'll be doing my build soon and hopefully have a full build log with benchmarks by May. I'm also going to be doing a video of the build since I prefer that over pictures. I'm currently just waiting to see some more Ryzen 5 info and itx mobos as well as seeing if the new hdplex 300w internal ac-dc converter will fit with my EVGA 1060 6gb in the case.

Reactions: Bruman

Bruman

Trash Compacter
Feb 24, 2017
seeing if the new hdplex 300w internal ac-dc converter will fit with my EVGA 1060 6gb in the case.
Exactly my idea, except with the 1070 Mini instead. Thanks.

If there´s no luck, you can try the super dirty but quick photoshop ;)

PD: Your eyes gonna bleed, but it´s something made fast being too lazy with the program
MY EYES

Last edited:

amitoza

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
CATZ
Feb 10, 2017
Trying to find the best solution for shallow case - 200-230mm depth with internal psu. I want to make something new, not just similar layout to existing projects.

8L, sfx,sfx-l,flexATX, CPU cooler up to 60mm, gpu with sfx 180mm, with flexATX 250mm, motherboard panel on bottom.

9L, sfx/sfx-L, CPU cooler up to 100mm, gpu 250mm

Last edited:

bledha

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 22, 2017
Trying to find the best solution for shallow case - 200-230mm depth with internal psu. I want to make something new, not just similar layout to existing projects.

8L, sfx,sfx-l,flexATX, CPU cooler up to 60mm, gpu with sfx 180mm, with flexATX 250mm, motherboard panel on bottom.

9L, sfx/sfx-L, CPU cooler up to 100mm, gpu 250mm

I would have considered that 8L one before the C1 if it were conceptualized before. The designs are nice, and the integration of the SFX PSU is nice as well - one with HDPlex options around 6L would be nice, allowing for a bigger GPU and maybe an internal AC-DC set up.

That 9L render, also very nice with GPU facing that direction.

Edited for my stupidity.

Last edited:

amitoza

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
CATZ
Feb 10, 2017
I would have considered that 8L one before the C1 if it were conceptualized before. The designs are nice, and the integration of the SFX PSU is nice as well - one with HDPlex options around 6L would be nice, allowing for a bigger GPU and maybe an internal AC-DC set up.

That 9L render, that is some PCIe riser gymnastics that would need to be done!
In 9L gpu is in pci-e slot.

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
My concern would be about long io cables getting crunched. It doesn't look like a lot of clearance between the bottom of the case and floor.

amitoza

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Original poster
CATZ
Feb 10, 2017
My concern would be about long io cables getting crunched. It doesn't look like a lot of clearance between the bottom of the case and floor.
Its requied 90* cabels.

USB 3.0 will be on side or/and back panel. And all cables under case - less random connected cabels on back ;)

Reactions: bledha

Grafite

3D Printing Enthusiast
Feb 20, 2017
I really like how your design is almost modular, and as for displayport, you can find an adapter thats 90 degrees here.