Can i fit a 1050ti in my case?i MUST do it!

Staxtis

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Aug 24, 2017
So yeah, ideally the vrm would be touching the heatsink as well, but on my card it's only cooled by airflow over it. I'm not certain if other manufacturers have better heatsink designs. The thickness of the cooler on my card is only about 20mm anyway.

And the thing about undervolting is that even if the performance drops, the performance per watt goes up. You can do that in MSI afterburner fairly easily, but you'll have to experiment to find stability
What is you vga?:/
A 20mm especially with passive cooling will fit in my case PERFECT:D But there is no 1050ti like that...:/
Do you believe that i can custom made or an after market buy parts to creat a 1050ti with passive cooling for under 29mm thick?I think i will manage the voltage issues but first i will have to find the fitting issues:D:D:

@aquelito Also i was thinking of put a lot smaller parts than those you use...Something like that...
https://www.ekwb.com/shop/ek-xres-100-ddc-mx-3-1-pwm-incl-pump
https://modmymods.com/alphacool-nexxxos-xt45-full-copper-60mm-single-radiator-14222.html
but the problem start with fittings...If i could find a bit smaller pump/res it would be much easier...because the angle fittings are about 33mm...:/ + ii is hassle as you already mention to make custom waterblock for a 1050ti+all the watercooling i cant find a solution anywhere else(frankly i dont see solution on watercooling as well:/)

Biowarejak

Maker of Awesome | User 1615
Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
My vga is the msi 750ti lp, which uses the same cooler as the 1050ti lp mentioned above. Removing the fans and shroud leaves the heatsink, which is roughly that high from the PCB.

Staxtis

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Aug 24, 2017
My vga is the msi 750ti lp, which uses the same cooler as the 1050ti lp mentioned above. Removing the fans and shroud leaves the heatsink, which is roughly that high from the PCB.
I see...You mean to remove only the fans from gpu will be about 20-25mm?can it "run"without overheating without fans???

Biowarejak

Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
I see...You mean to remove only the fans from gpu will be about 20-25mm?can it "run"without overheating without fans???
I've seen a post on PCPartPicker which suggests it would be fine, but considering you will have zero airflow in the case I'd be concerned about anything past light workloads.

robbee

King of Cable Management
n3rdware
Bronze Supporter
Sep 24, 2016
The MSI low profile heatsink is very small though. Even with fans it gets up to 80°C. Not sure if you can run it passive, even with undervolting, especially in a case without airflow...

Reactions: Biowarejak

Biowarejak

Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
The MSI low profile heatsink is very small though. Even with fans it gets up to 80°C. Not sure if you can run it passive, even with undervolting, especially in a case without airflow...
I mean, my 750ti (bios modded to use 75 watts) with the same heatsink copes just fine, I'll run a stress test right now and pull some numbers with the default fan curve.

Staxtis

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Aug 24, 2017
Do you believe that only msi got this problem or gigabyte as well..Because i can buy the gb and not the msi which is also smaller in size(lenght)..
However i dont believe-think that you can run ANY stock card just without the fans...especially in a fanless case..So this is not a solution unfortunately. Is there ANYTHING that i can do in order to fit that DAMN gpu card in my case with ANYCOST.
Passive,Watercooling,AirCooling...Whateeeever can work with...Just a solution to fit in..

PS:I didnt want to change case but when i saw all the problems coming i said....AIGHT...F@CK IT..I will go for HD Plex H5 (if i manage to sell this)but H5 doesnt fit on my furniture for its Length,so there is NO GO FOR ME!:////

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
There is that totally rats experiment I forgot about ;)
Offsetting the GPU cooler with a flat heatpipe : works pretty good despite the very rough mounting.

Staxtis

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Aug 24, 2017
There is that totally rats experiment I forgot about ;)
Offsetting the GPU cooler with a flat heatpipe : works pretty good despite the very rough mounting.

I really cant figure it out...
So you removed the stock fans-cooler and you did mount a piece of alouminum that it is in contact with the vrm and on the otherside there is a fan with a radiator or only a fan...
Can you please give me some more instruction gow this works because i might figure out to find a way to do it much more easier..I got 2 CNC machine in my factory so that thing wouldnt be a problem at all...

Thank you for lighting me up!.
Cheers

Biowarejak

Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
I really cant figure it out...
So you removed the stock fans-cooler and you did mount a piece of alouminum that it is in contact with the vrm and on the otherside there is a fan with a radiator or only a fan...
Can you please give me some more instruction gow this works because i might figure out to find a way to do it much more easier..I got 2 CNC machine in my factory so that thing wouldnt be a problem at all...

Thank you for lighting me up!.
Cheers
Oh that's a flat heatpipe, it's not just aluminum, it's got stuff in it.

Reactions: Staxtis

aquelito

King of Cable Management
Piccolo PC
Feb 16, 2016
Yes this a flat heatpipe directly in contact with the MSI 750 Ti chip. The VRMS were left bare.
Same principle as round heatpipes except it's flat and much easier (and cheaper) to work with !

- On the hot side -> GPU chip
- One the condensator side : a Zalman VF900 :)

Core temps were on par with the original MSI cooler.

You could bend the heat pipe to form a L-shape (placed vertically, going over the GPU) and attach a beefier heatsink to it.
You might have enough clearance above th CPU block to do so.

EDIT :

- You could purchase this low profile single slot ASL GTX 1050 Ti.
- Use a flat heatpipe, going over the GPU PCB, to offset the GPU heatsink.
- Fix to the heatpipe end a heatsink such as the Arctic Cooling Accelero X2, which will blow air outside the case thourgh the holes places above the motherboard IO !

Last edited:

Staxtis

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Aug 24, 2017
Yes this a flat heatpipe directly in contact with the MSI 750 Ti chip. The VRMS were left bare.
Same principle as round heatpipes except it's flat and much easier (and cheaper) to work with !

- On the hot side -> GPU chip
- One the condensator side : a Zalman VF900 :)

Core temps were on par with the original MSI cooler.

You could bend the heat pipe to form a L-shape (placed vertically, going over the GPU) and attach a beefier heatsink to it.
You might have enough clearance above th CPU block to do so.

EDIT :

- You could purchase this low profile single slot ASL GTX 1050 Ti.
- Use a flat heatpipe, going over the GPU PCB, to offset the GPU heatsink.
- Fix to the heatpipe end a heatsink such as the Arctic Cooling Accelero X2, which will blow air outside the case thourgh the holes places above the motherboard IO !
That sound pretty nice idea BUT....The link you have is a single slot 1050ti AND low profile so i can just put the card as it is WITHOUT ANY MODDING...
Check out thhe dimensions:D This is perfect...
http://www.pcasl.com/index.php?act=pShow&id=258

It seems to be lower in thickness than 25mm probably will be 20mm...But is any of you aware of this brand??:///
its the first time i see this brand and i also really don know how to buy it if it is good..

jtd871

SFF Guru
Jun 22, 2015
Looks like the exhaust is out the end of the cooler by the I/O plate (no slots in the I/O plate) so you'd be exhausting into the case primarily...

Staxtis

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Aug 24, 2017
Looks like the exhaust is out the end of the cooler by the I/O plate (no slots in the I/O plate) so you'd be exhausting into the case primarily...
Dude...i really cant understand the hole meaning of what you say probably cause english is not my native language...
Can you please be more "specific" in order to understand this?:/
Thank you a lot:D:D:D

ok so..problem 1 solved....but any idea about the card build?is it "good"?It is an unknown company no reviews ,,,:/ i dont want to waste my money!

Staxtis

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Aug 24, 2017
@hulkster thats look PRETTY DAMN HOT!!!
I think you just find me a solution..!!!
Being honest o thought to transfer it like this but i forget it in a sec because i didnt thought to transfer the 2rightside heatpipes fro cpu towards to left side so i had no mount to put the heatpipes from cpu...
What about your temperatures?
Anyonealso got anyidea to improve it wiht some extra tips?like adding some other materials on it or a specific thermal paste??
So mate you use 2Xmh1 and 2xsh2 for the cpu and the custom one for the gpu that is right?
I really cant remember know the heatpipes that i have..I remember that i bought some other to fit better in my system..
I have the Ashrock Z270 fatality gaming fro motherboard...Would you think i would need exact the same heatpipes with you right?

@aquelito and @Biowarejak what do you think acording the temps for a 1050ti??would it be nice if the heatpipes cover the hole block and maybesome extra tips with thermal oranything else in order to improve it will it be ok without temp issues???

will i be ok with that specs according the 160nano psu and the 1050ti??
Case: Streacom FC8 Alpha
CPU: i3 7100
Mobo: Asrock fatal1ty z270 gaming-itx/ac
Ram: Corsair LPX 8GB Class 14 2400
SSD:Samsung 960 Evo M.2
PSU:Nano 160

Thank you THANK YOU!!!

PS:Something that i also thought is that i can might make some small holes(1mm) about 20 on the extra cpu block and adjust a small-thin-silent fan in order to send some air inside (jsut a bit) but i dont know if i will damage the passive cooling method and the heat will not go out to the heatpipes proper and send the heat out from the holes or something.:/
PS2:Will the cpu bracket fit al well in any 1050ti?Because i will have to do some custom job on the cpu in order to remove the 1 slot from msi OR gigabyte

Last edited:

Biowarejak

Platinum Supporter
Mar 6, 2017
Sorry I'm having a hard time understanding exactly what you're asking. Pretty sure the card that fit the bill perfectly earlier comes from a reputable brand that just hasn't entered the western/european market. Thing is, the hot air gets vented into the case and if you pushed it too hard for too long you'd probably notice other temperatures rising, such as on a m.2 SSD or something.

That said, just worry about getting the flat heatpipe onto your GPU and don't worry about covering everything in thermal paste. It doesn't help.

Staxtis

Trash Compacter
Original poster
Aug 24, 2017
If you really want to add a 1050ti to the fc8 alpha, and if you have some $, time, and patience, you can try what I did with a 1030 GT. I could've gone for a 1050 ti but I think the temperatures would've been higher or maybe not. https://smallformfactor.net/forum/threads/streacom-alpha-fc8-gpu-fanless-heatpipe-mod.2957/

Sorry I'm having a hard time understanding exactly what you're asking. Pretty sure the card that fit the bill perfectly earlier comes from a reputable brand that just hasn't entered the western/european market. Thing is, the hot air gets vented into the case and if you pushed it too hard for too long you'd probably notice other temperatures rising, such as on a m.2 SSD or something.

That said, just worry about getting the flat heatpipe onto your GPU and don't worry about covering everything in thermal paste. It doesn't help.
Besides you had hard time i think you fully understand me(at least according my first paragraph:D)
So...The company is ok and the only luck is that we(me) dont know the brand cause of the EU market.
According the hot air yes is somthing that i am afraid of thats why i still thinking about it...I never consider the M2 though...But do you think that temps will be "forbidden" or i will just notice some small increase temp?:/

Thats the second part that you probably you didnt fully understood cause of me...
I gets-know that rule number 1...

The heatpipes must cover the HOLE bracket in order to have the MAXIMUM efficiency of the heat coming into heatpipes...
2.I asked if it would help if i drill(and make a grid) the upper bracket(not the one that fit on the vga chipset) and mount on is a small-thin-quite fan in order to throw some air to the barcket where the aluminum bracket fits with the chipset-heatpipes-thermal paste.
3.I also asked if there is any specific thermal paste that is more suitable for passive cooling with heatpipes rather than "artic Silver" in order to find the best thermal paste for my system and have the most of it.
4.i also wondering if there are some TIPS for heatpipes for example cover them with aluminum of put something( i dont know what) in the end of the heatpipes that mount on the case that will increase the efficiency...I am just trying to figure out if there is ANYTHING-ANYWAY that i can improve the efficiency of the vga+cpu cooling in order to be as cool as possible and OFC with NO NOISE or noise that i can barely hear..

Hope you got my point now:D:D:D