CableMod DAN Case A4-SFX Cable Kits

CableMod Community

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Mar 4, 2020
Hey guys,

you may have noticed my activity in this forum and on reddit (r/sffpc) recently - for the ones that just tune in now, we at CableMod want to expand our offering in regards to SFF cables and here is what we have cooking:

1) Low Profile connectors on both the motherboard & PSU end.
2) Non-sleeved wires (can handle up to 2000W) with a custom developed black (option 1) & transparent (option 2) very flexible isulation.
3) Users will be able to custom design cables for all popular SFX models via our Configurator (https://store.cablemod.com/configurator/)
4) On top of the custom cables we plan to make cable kits for popular PSU models & SFF cases with our channel network such as Amazon, Caseking, PC CASE GEAR and others.

In regards to 4) to offer suitable cable kits we would like to work with you guys to find out what cable length each cable type should have and which cable types should be in the kits - your input in regards to this would be much appreciated!

Looking forward for some input from you guys!

CableMod

jensakut

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Feb 6, 2020
Hi!

I have a Dan A4, Corsair SF 600, Asetek 645LT and a Gigabyte b450 i Mainboard. Can I help you? I am thinking about custom wires, because mine are currently through the grafic card slot, underneath the mainboard to manage the space. I can send pics tonight (in 6 hours)

Or do you already have the perfect cable length and I can just click order? :-)

troybot

Average Stuffer
Sep 6, 2018
Here is my (in progress) build with my cable lengths if it helps:

Lengths and type I ordered:
Cabling: White Unsleeved
24P ATX - 140mm
8p CPU- 220mm
2x 8P GPU - 350mm

CableMod Community

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Mar 4, 2020
Hi!

I have a Dan A4, Corsair SF 600, Asetek 645LT and a Gigabyte b450 i Mainboard. Can I help you? I am thinking about custom wires, because mine are currently through the grafic card slot, underneath the mainboard to manage the space. I can send pics tonight (in 6 hours)

Or do you already have the perfect cable length and I can just click order? :-)

We are still trying to figure out the perfect cable lengths we should offer in our cable kits. Any ideas / suggestions?

CableMod Community

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Mar 4, 2020

24P ATX - 140mm
8p CPU- 220mm
2x 8P GPU - 350mm

Looks great, thank you - do you think those lenths would be suitable for any possible Configuration in the DAN A4 case? How much did you pay for those cables? Did they feature low profile connectors?

BennyBait

Caliper Novice
Jun 12, 2019
I don't have the length needed for the cables but having an option for cables using the 92mm AIO and without the AIO would be good.

Also having black sleeveless cables is great!

Can't wait to purchase some

troybot

Average Stuffer
Sep 6, 2018
Looks great, thank you - do you think those lenths would be suitable for any possible Configuration in the DAN A4 case? How much did you pay for those cables? Did they feature low profile connectors?
I bought them for a bit over 30€ on Etsy, so you might struggle to meet that price. Just normal connectors not low profile. Shipped from China in 2 weeks.

If an alternative set was available from CaseKing I would have chose it.

As for lengths Dan has some suggestions on his website, but I honestly think they could be too long with the AIO cooler. Also it would be hard to give a length that works for all, sionce pin locations depend per motherboard

Look at this guys low profile plugs, they look amazing for the AIO people

Last edited:

CableMod Community

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Mar 4, 2020
I bought them for a bit over 30€ on Etsy, so you might struggle to meet that price. Just normal connectors not low profile. Shipped from China in 2 weeks.

If an alternative set was available from CaseKing I would have chose it.

As for lengths Dan has some suggestions on his website, but I honestly think they could be too long with the AIO cooler. Also it would be hard to give a length that works for all, sionce pin locations depend per motherboard

Look at this guys low profile plugs, they look amazing for the AIO people

Thanks for the great info, we will get sample kits with the lengths done that the DAN case guys suggested and do some testing. Those low profile connectors look great !

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017

24P ATX - 140mm
8p CPU- 220mm
2x 8P GPU - 350mm

What CPU cooler is that exactly and how are you finding the temps? Seeing as you're having the fan as an exhaust and not intake?...

ManaNeko

Trash Compacter
Feb 24, 2020
Hi,
I have the DAN-A4 v1 case.
I've been looking for cable replacements for quite some time, but I've never gotten into acquiring them.
Since I followed the development thread on HardOCP, what I did in the meantime is save links to people discussing the cables, which you might find useful.
"I just received my custom cables from Cablemod and I have to admit I am really disappointed. [...]"
"[...] most people are recommending 20cm for the 24pin, 30cm for the 8pin CPU, 30cm for 2 x 8Pin GPU [...]"
"[...] I ordered 300mm 6+2pin, 250mm CPU and 150mm 24pin for my Z270I. [...] S-ATA power cable with 100-50-50 mm fits perfect in my config. But I'm only using 2 of the 3 connectors because the 300mm 6+2pin cables are a tight fit. I tried it but if i had an additional SSD in the front slot either they were too short or the 6+2pin must be routed on the SSD and this is too thick for the front-panel to sit in as it should..."
Has anyone verified what custom cable lengths need to be for pairing an SF600 power supply and a Strix Z270I board in this case?
Yes. I did 150mm for the ATX cable and 300mm for the CPU and PCI-E. You could probably do 250mm for the CPU. (I did 300mm and had a little bit of slack.) Someone earlier did their PCI-E too short, I forget if they tried 200mm or 250mm for that one.
Someone earlier did their PCI-E too short, I forget if they tried 200mm or 250mm for that one.
"[...] yep that was me. I confirm 150mm for ATX 24 pin, 250mm for EPS 8 pin and 300mm for PCIE will be perfect for asus strix z270i combined with corsair sf600 [...] 200mm is pictured here for PCIE. IMO its too short unless you use the EVGA Powerlink"
I just used the configurator: https://store.cablemod.com/configurator/ If you email their support you can get shorter lengths than they have available through the configurator. Just send them your order number and what lengths you want customized. I only needed to do it for the 24pin, which I got 150mm. It's just perfect for the Corsair SF600 / Strix Z270i combo. If you want ballpark lengths I got 250mm for the 8-pin CPU power, and 300mm for the two GPU power. If you've got drives, The dual SATA power 100mm with 100mm in between the connectors works great if you've got one drive behind the front panel and one on the bottom of the case like I do.

This is what I recovered from my bookmarks. Hope this helps.

Reactions: Dawelio

mattxx88

Chassis Packer
Apr 7, 2020
Hi Cable guys, if this can help, i post my layout
it's the first attempt for me doing custom cables, but it worked

for my experience i would love "1) Low Profile connectors on both the motherboard & PSU end "
this would save precious mm using the Asetek 92mm AIO

Reactions: Dawelio

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
Hi Cable guys, if this can help, i post my layout
it's the first attempt for me doing custom cables, but it worked

for my experience i would love "1) Low Profile connectors on both the motherboard & PSU end "
this would save precious mm using the Asetek 92mm AIO

Which exact length did you use for the 24 pin cable?...

casacerian

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
Apr 8, 2020
Has anyone come up with lengths that worked for them?

Ordered my A4 yesterday, and hate guessing on custom cable lengths.

mattxx88

Chassis Packer
Apr 7, 2020
hi all, little update for the cable question

i added a gpu to my system (1660Ti Manli) and the short mod of the 24 pin cable make it impossible to install couse the length of gpu's cooler:

so during this boring Easter i decided to make new ones, for a better gpu fitting. This is all 25cm length:

the only "issue" is that routing them in this way, you got to keep aio radiator free from screws, and making it slides all the right side (viewing from front) of the Dan

mattxx88

Chassis Packer
Apr 7, 2020
dunno where i can report some improvement idea, but i think that lowering the psu support 2mm, cables can route a bit better and also we have more space from psu cables and fan:

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
In your first pictures, the PSU seems to be very low/close to the radiator fan itself. I have the 645LT as well, even with a fan grill on top of the fan, to protect the cables from going into the fan itself. And even I have more clearance than you.

How have you mounted the AIO on the bottom? Have you used the rubber things which is for a HDD? In that case, remove then and only use the short screws and a washer. That will give you a few more millimeters of space.

2 things; Why have you made the 24 pin 25 cm in length? That is insanely long for this case. That's enough for a PCI-E cable. And why have you run that cable on the GPU side? If it's short enough, it goes directly from the PSU, 90 degree turn straight to the motherboard connector. No need for all that excess cable.

mattxx88

Chassis Packer
Apr 7, 2020
In your first pictures, the PSU seems to be very low/close to the radiator fan itself. I have the 645LT as well, even with a fan grill on top of the fan, to protect the cables from going into the fan itself. And even I have more clearance than you.

How have you mounted the AIO on the bottom? Have you used the rubber things which is for a HDD? In that case, remove then and only use the short screws and a washer. That will give you a few more millimeters of space.

this, i kept the rubber to protect radiator from scratches

2 things; Why have you made the 24 pin 25 cm in length? That is insanely long for this case. That's enough for a PCI-E cable. And why have you run that cable on the GPU side? If it's short enough, it goes directly from the PSU, 90 degree turn straight to the motherboard connector. No need for all that excess cable.
i have made longer cable to keep the angle of the fan free of cables, cause the tail of my gpu is 3mm far from the fan. the shorter ones collide with gpu cooler

Dawelio

Awesomeness
SFFn Staff
Dec 17, 2017
this, i kept the rubber to protect radiator from scratches

i have made longer cable to keep the angle of the fan free of cables, cause the tail of my gpu is 3mm far from the fan. the shorter ones collide with gpu cooler

Yeah, remove the rubber and only use a washer with the small screws. That will give you more space for the cables between the PSU and fan. I can understand your point regarding scratches, yet you will never ever see them anyway, if there are any?...

What do you mean you've made longer cable to keep the angle of the fan free of cables?... Here you have a basically perfect 24 pin for the A4 SFX, which shows you that no need for a 25 cm long cable. https://www.pslatecustoms.com/colle...an-cases-a4-sfx-24-pin-unsleeved-custom-cable

efenili

Minimal Tinkerer
New User
May 6, 2020
The cable lengths in the Dan A4 are all going to depend on what your setup is, unfortunately I don't think you can standardize it.
What PSU are you using, a SFX or SFX-L. Some PSUs require sense wires while others do not.
Are you going to put a radiator under the PSU : You'll need unsleeved cables if you do.
What is your motherboard layout
What is your GPU

I just purchased my Dan A4 to put a Strix 450i + Ryzen 3600 (air cooled) in along with a Corsair 650 platinum and a 5700xt. I will try and report back on what the lengths of my particular setup should be.