Production Custom sleeved Cable configurator for modular power supplies - Easy to use online configurator

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
We are now offering custom sleeved cable mod at a reasonable price. Check out the prices at the product page for different types of cables. Happy to offer another option and serve the SFF community.😉

You are welcome to play around with our online configurator, and create your own cables. We have developed one of the easiest to use online cable mod configurator. Preview your creation, share your cable config and have it build to order, all in one easy step.

We have just contracted some technicians to hand made build to order these cables. We welcome your feedback, on how we can improve this service and the online configurator app.

[2021-12-28] - [Fixed] Still need to improve the link sharing feature, users will be able to share the creation they have made on twitter/fb, with preview image generated. Need to find a way to get around some technical limitation with shopify store backend.

cablemod-configurator.png

cablemod-gallery-sample.jpg
  • 15 different color sleeves
  • black or white connectors / cable combs
  • 18 gauge wire with flexible PET cable sleeve
  • hand made, build to order
  • Production time : ~7-10 days, excluding shipping time

Last edited:

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
Did you intend on using the Cablemod name in the site/configurator? That's an existing company and registered trademark... >.>

Also no Silverstone? Sadpanda :/

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Did you intend on using the Cablemod name in the site/configurator? That's an existing company and registered trademark... >.>

Also no Silverstone? Sadpanda :/
ah ok, maybe I need to name it like "Cable mod" ? I would think they could not have trademarked them as separate words? Well maybe I will just name is "custom cable configurator". Ah. will add Silverstone later on, I just asked my technician team to provide with a list of their common psu's they have worked on.

We have done some testing on our online configurator, it is very responsive as all actions are made on the browser, i.e. no server response wait times.

confusis

John Morrison. Founder and Team Leader of SFF.N
SFF Network
SFF Workshop
SFFn Staff
Jun 19, 2015
sff.network
ah ok, maybe I need to name it like "Cable mod" ? I would think they could not have trademarked them as separate words?

Well maybe I will just name is "custom cable configurator"
I'd go with "custom cable configurator" to avoid confusion and remove the risk of being accused of stealing a name (not to mention trademark litigation) - or come up with your own unique name for the product line.

Reactions: JDuval and Nouvolo

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
I'd go with "custom cable configurator" to avoid confusion and remove the risk of being accused of stealing a name (not to mention trademark litigation) - or come up with your own unique name for the product line.
Just been working on the backend and operations to prepare the capability to deliver this new product. Yet to focus on how to market this product.

Suggestions welcome. If I were to setup a brand for this product line, how about "Nouvo Cable", or "Nouvolo Mods"?

Last edited:

Gilles3000

Airflow Optimizer
Oct 6, 2018
Just been working on the backend and operations to prepare the capability to delivery this new product. Yet to focus on how to market this product.

Suggestions welcome. If I were to setup a brand for this product line, how about "Nouvo Cable", or "Nouvolo Mods"?
Nouvolo Cablemods sounds like a great name to me 😜

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
Do you have any pictures of a finished cable ? I'd also add a picture of the actual real-life sleevings because it's hard to judge from a "configurator" how it really looks.
Will post some real life photos, with the samples made. But I can only spend so much on making them samples, the color combination is endless. In the long run, would like the community posts their build to put them into a gallery.

GuilleAcoustic

Chief Procrastination Officer
SFFn Staff
LOSIAS
Jun 29, 2015
guilleacoustic.wordpress.com
Will post some real life photos, with the samples made. But I can only spend so much on making them samples, the color combination is endless.

By real-life sleevings picture, I meant pictures of the actual sleevings, not necessarily of a finished cable 😉 ... Just the bare cable sleeve to be able to see the real color and look of the product. If you can take them with a wire inside of them, it would be the icing on the cake as it would show how much of the wire is visible through the sleeving 🙂 (see below)

In the long run, would like the community posts their build to put them into a gallery.

Good point, but as a customer, I'd never buy a custom built product without seeing at least one picture of the real deal. That's why I suggested to add at least one picture of what you guys can do.

SFFMunkee

King of Cable Management
Jul 7, 2021
What's the difference between flipped & non-flipped connector orientation?
Does 'flipped' just mean that the wires are crossed-over so the clips are on opposing sides at each end when the cable is laid flat?

Nouvolo

Creator
Original poster
Silver Supporter
Sep 8, 2018
www.nouvolo.com
What's the difference between flipped & non-flipped connector orientation?
Does 'flipped' just mean that the wires are crossed-over so the clips are on opposing sides at each end when the cable is laid flat?
click the tool tip (?) for description that option.

For SFF depending on the orientation, brand, etc of your PSU. You may want to flip the connectors, so to save twisting it around in order to plug into one of the ends, that can save length and space.

Last edited:
Reactions: SFFMunkee