Cooling Best low-profile CPU cooler ~50mm?

buLL

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Mar 11, 2017
Hello guys.

I'm currently working on a SFF case, that will be revealed here in January.
Right now, me and my team are heaving some trouble on choosing the supported cpu cooler height

My doubt is: what is the lower CPU cooler you guys consider acceptable to handle 95w cpu? Like an i7 or Ryzen7. Is it Cryorig C7?

We have about 48mm space for it now, but we can consider a slight different number. Is there any cpu cooler better than the Cryorig C7, that is about 50mm height?

Thank you

Reactions: cmyk78

buLL

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Mar 11, 2017
I'm aware of that. Despite i find them very nice, I'm looking for the best "comercial" available one. Cause we are near our reveal date already... But thanks :)

Reactions: cmyk78

buLL

Average Stuffer
Original poster
Mar 11, 2017
@Runamok81 Wow, very nice cooler. But yeah, a bit too tall. I need it to be ~5.2mm maximum. Any other sugestions on that range? That is more efficient than Cryorig C7

@Kmpkt Your cooler would fit our case perfectly bro. Do you have samples already? Cause we are near reveal date. I cant find a link for your cooler, can you send me plz? Cheers

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
I don't yet. I am in the process of ordering five prototypes comprising of three different fin configurations. I am thinking Q2-3 will be release. I'm going to try and sync production with Computex where I think I'll be able to get some press for it. Will be doing Al Base/Al Fin, Cu Base/Al Fin, CU Case, CU fin and two special variants of Cu Base + Al fin.

I'm hoping to formally spill the beans on this before March as I still haven't finalized the design enough to warrant filing patents. Public disclosure = no patents : /

IntoxicatedPuma

Customizer of Titles
SFFn Staff
Feb 26, 2016
I have a Cryorig C7 and Scythe Jitte i'm sitting on that need to be tested soon. I'll try and do that this weekend and see how they place on my list of CPU coolers so far.

Thestarkiller32

Cable-Tie Ninja
Aug 13, 2017
Hello guys.

Right now, me and my team are heaving some trouble on choosing the supported cpu cooler height

My doubt is: what is the lower CPU cooler you guys consider acceptable to handle 95w cpu? Like an i7 or Ryzen7. Is it Cryorig C7?

We have about 48mm space for it now, but we can consider a slight different number. Is there any cpu cooler better than the Cryorig C7, that is about 50mm height?

Thank you

That´s what all of use need :/

Runamok81

Runner of Moks
Jul 27, 2015
troywitthoeft.com
A cryorig C7 adapter could give you some more options. Offsetting to one side or the other (dimm slots) or swapping up to a 120x25mm would open up some possibilities! Better fans available in that category. Lower noise, better performance. Customer choice!

NickIrwin

Case Bender
May 23, 2018
Hello guys.

Thank you

Here I am sharing my real life experience with Cryorig C7. NO doubt the performance of it is very good but I had a hard time installing it. When I tried to install it I literally was like omg with its backplate installation process. Every time I tried to put it, the screw comes through the holes from mobo cannot penetrate through the backplate. The Funny part is I don't know maybe I was installing it wrong or right.

the CRYORIG C7 is already configured for Intel LGA115x socket use since the stand-offs are already pre-installed. AMD users would have to re-arrange the stand-off bracket itself with a screwdriver prior to proceeding and remove the default AMD mounting gear on their motherboard.
Good Cpu Cooler
About its compatibility - The CRYORIG C7 measures 97mm square and 95mm square not including the fan assembly so it is well within the 95x95mm Intel keep-out zone for LGA115x systems.