Concept bd case 7.32L

T.Bull

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Oct 29, 2018
I have made a simple 3D model af an ITX case i think that might be fun to make.
But before starting getting the things i wanted to ask the big wise community if you knew a case looking like it, or maybe have some ideas to make it better.

the case dimensions are:
H: 282,5mm (11.12inc)
W: 200mm (7.87inc)
D: 128mm (5.04inc)
Volume: 7.232L

It would be possible to use:
Itx gpu
sfx psu
fans n/a

I plan to make it with 1mm thick aluminium sheets and plexiglas.
3d drawing tinkercad link: https://www.tinkercad.com/things/ho...=C2VYJkdvXyDRC7oF_-Si_x5dlcbPjrsGZ4tLXbk9Qg4=

Last edited:
Reactions: Marwan and owliwar

ToutNoir

Caliper Novice
Mar 2, 2018
I really like this design, the way only the MB and GPU are shown. But I'm a bit concerned about (the lack of) ventilation and then temperatures.
I think 2 fans on top would be useful if not mandatory, but that means that the case will lose some sex appeal.

Reactions: el01

nicb6

Trash Compacter
Jul 14, 2018
It's really an exciting idea to "hide" the PSU from the other components. But how is the CPU supposed to be cooled? What ist the height clearance for the CPU cooler?

T.Bull

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Oct 29, 2018
I really like this design, the way only the MB and GPU are shown. But I'm a bit concerned about (the lack of) ventilation and then temperatures.
I think 2 fans on top would be useful if not mandatory, but that means that the case will lose some sex appeal.

My plan was to see if i gould fit some venting around the gpu.
The top cover is 66mm on the drawing, so there should be space for 60 mm fans.

It's really an exciting idea to "hide" the PSU from the other components. But how is the CPU supposed to be cooled? What ist the height clearance for the CPU cooler?

The cpu cooler clearence should be aproximately 55mm which is more than enough for a noctua NH-LI9i

Marwan

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Feb 5, 2018
If you can have some clearance for an AIO 120mm I believe you can have this space since you case is about 7 L and your depending on itx components all together. This will mitigate the CPU cooler conundrum I think.

T.Bull

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Oct 29, 2018
If you can have some clearance for an AIO 120mm I believe you can have this space since you case is about 7 L and your depending on itx components all together. This will mitigate the CPU cooler conundrum I think.

I am not shure if i could fit a 120, maybe if it is parallel to the bottom.
But with a quick search i found this aio cooler for 92mm fans, and that could be a cool.
https://www.asetek.com/desktop/oem-cpu-coolers/545lc/

T.Bull

Chassis Packer
Original poster
Oct 29, 2018
Today i made a carboard mockup of the case with dimension.
It looks like it is going to be a tight fit with the current measurements. But doable, so i am getting myself some aluminium and cut it accordingly.

I am staying under 300 mm in height which is very satysfying for me.
But i cant figure out if I want a top or it all should be see through.

It is possible to ad a 50 mm fan for better airflow, although i'm not shure how much a single fan would do.

The PSU fit nicely, although the cardbord is a bit thick so there is not a much clearence as i would have liked.

Currently the biggest isue right now is how to mount the pcie riser so it doen't break or are too fragile. The clearence between the cardboard and psu are slim to none, an therefore i am a bit worried the riser cable will need more clearance.