Concept Peel Case (name not final) - sheet aluminium case

Jawaiian

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Oct 25, 2019
I have been wanting to design a case for a while. I have made concrete concepts to concepts for wood replacement panels for the Ncase M1 (if your interested).

Anyway after seeing Teenage Engineering's attempt at making a case, I thought I would try and make an aluminium sheet case with better component compatibility.
I built a version that can fit my friends components seeing he has the latest components.
I'm interested to see what people think.

Compatibility:
Motherboard: ITX (maybe DTX)
CPU Cooler: 120mm height air - 280mm rad can be added to the back with bracket
PSU: SFX
Max. GPU: 300mm length - 145mm width - 2.75 slots deep
Volume: 12.25L (15.25L with rad bracket)

Reactions: thelaughingman

KeurigHomebrew

Cable Smoosher
Dec 18, 2020
Cool to see this design with better compatibility, but I would be cautious of this design being too close to the Teenage Engineering case rather than just being inspired by it. Some additional thoughts are it would be nice to have 3 slot GPU compatibility rather than limiting it at 2.75, and I also am worried about the IO height being able to fit the cables and bends.

I will definitely be keeping an eye on this project though, best of luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: thelaughingman

Jawaiian

Cable Smoosher
Original poster
Oct 25, 2019
Cool to see this design with better compatibility, but I would be cautious of this design being too close to the Teenage Engineering case rather than just being inspired by it. Some additional thoughts are it would be nice to have 3 slot GPU compatibility rather than limiting it at 2.75, and I also am worried about the IO height being able to fit the cables and bends.

I will definitely be keeping an eye on this project though, best of luck!
Cheers, thanks for the positive feedback. Yeah I think I need to change up a few more things to differentiate it from the Teenage Engineering one.
I understand the concern about the IO but I think I'll leave it or maybe add some relief cut outs. I don't want to add too much volume.
I think the next step is to get one laser cut and see how it fits and feels. Luckily with aluminium, it will be easy to modify on the fly.