News ASUS STRIX B350I GAMING

jonathan

Cable Smoosher
Jan 1, 2018
Have you picked one up from that website? I’m thinking about buying one from there to do a build this week.

Nightblade

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 29, 2017
@jonathan B&H won't have them till next week at the earliest.

Last edited:

Nightblade

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 29, 2017
@jonathan Probably? Newegg doesn't post incoming stock before they have it though. You might be able to see a similar situation with amazon, but I wouldn't count on it.

jonathan

Cable Smoosher
Jan 1, 2018
@jonathan Probably? Newegg doesn't post incoming stock before they have it though. You might be able to see a similar situation with amazon, but I wouldn't count on it.
I just talked to B&H over email yesterday. They said, we don’t have the motherboard in stock. I’m crossing my fingers it gets released soon! ;-;

Nightblade

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 29, 2017
I'm gonna wait till there's a price drop in ram. No point in buying this until I can acquire 2 x 8 gb sticks of 3000+ mHz DDR4 ram for less than 150$.

Last edited:
Reactions: SeñorDonut

Sean Crees

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 1, 2017
I'm gonna wait till there's a price drop in ram. No point in buying this until I can acquire 2 x 8 gb sticks of 3000+ mHz DDR4 ram for less than 150$.

I've heard prices are going to keep going up until summer or fall before they come back down. If that's true, ram may not be that cheap until this time next year.

threestripevida

Airflow Optimizer
Mar 28, 2017
Which one do people recommend to buy? There is a pretty big price difference for no difference that I can see? The only difference I spot on the product page on Newegg is the audio chipset.

Sean Crees

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 1, 2017
I am waiting for review of this mobo. and price drop as well lol

Also the price is quite a bit lower than we all thought it would be. People were saying it was going to be $199 for the b350 version, with the x370 being even more. $139 is pretty cheap for an Asus ROG motherboard.

Reactions: mgilang

Nightblade

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 29, 2017
So I found someone selling some "barely" used ram of 2 sticks of 8 gb @ 3000 mHz on craigslist for $120. They're dated Dec 2016. So I may be getting this board sooner than I thought.

jonathan

Cable Smoosher
Jan 1, 2018
I’m done waiting. Originally I was waiting for coffee lake to wait for the new budget boards. I got tired and jumped on to Ryzen to wait for this motherboard. I’m fed up with it, I want to build a pc!

Sean Crees

Airflow Optimizer
Jan 1, 2017
I’m done waiting. Originally I was waiting for coffee lake to wait for the new budget boards. I got tired and jumped on to Ryzen to wait for this motherboard. I’m fed up with it, I want to build a pc!

Same here. I may wait for Ryzen 2, because i've heard it may come as early as next week, but otherwise i'm finishing this PC.

Reactions: SeñorDonut

Nightblade

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 29, 2017
Welp, if you needed to order one, and haven't yet, you've missed your chance. Newegg is sold out and B&H is still not in stock.