News ASUS STRIX B350I GAMING

Thestarkiller32

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Aug 13, 2017
So finally picked this board up on Round 2. Its available on Newegg now in case you didn't get it the first time.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813119056

Now its time to play "Whack a Mole" Graphics Card Edition with finding a 1070 or 1070 ti available that fits in my S4M...

https://smallformfactor.net/forum/t...view-of-mini-gtx-1070-cards-nfc-s4-case.2586/

There are your informations and personely, i would go for the MSI AERO ITX

GPU: MSI AERO ITX 1070
http://tekeverything.com/msi-gtx-1070-aero-itx-review/

Last edited:

Nightblade

Airflow Optimizer
Nov 29, 2017
@Thestarkiller32 The MSI AERO ITX is pretty good, and it was one of the ones on my list. When I said "'Whack a mole' Graphics Card Edition" I was referring to the availability of the cards. Literally just recently Newegg had the Zotac GTX 1070 ti minis available and were all gone within a day.

Thestarkiller32

Cable-Tie Ninja
Original poster
Aug 13, 2017
@Thestarkiller32 The MSI AERO ITX is pretty good, and it was one of the ones on my list. When I said "'Whack a mole' Graphics Card Edition" I was referring to the availability of the cards. Literally just recently Newegg had the Zotac GTX 1070 ti minis available and were all gone within a day.
By me in Germany, nearly all 1060 and 1070 are out of stock or cost more then they should...
I was looking for a 1060 but alone the 3GB model costs 300€ :/

Last edited:

Ubermarshall

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 11, 2017
I just received my board.

My one gripe so far is that it comes with a cpu header, a pump header and a single fan header.
Previously Asus would fit a fan extension header, for use with their fan extension card.

It means I need to look at a corsair commander for control of the two fans in the front, two on top, the rear fan.

Ubermarshall

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 11, 2017
Aio header has no controls.
I cannot simply use a pwm extension, there are 120mm and 140mm fans. The speeds would be out of whack.
I will look for a solution.

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Yes it can be controlled with QFan. You need to enable aio pump control within the bios. I don't have anything currently run off it but from what I read it's just pwm.

Reactions: Soul_Est

Ubermarshall

SFF Lingo Aficionado
Sep 11, 2017
Yes it can be controlled with QFan. You need to enable aio pump control within the bios. I don't have anything currently run off it but from what I read it's just pwm.
Thanks Choidebu, I overlooked the aio header.
In that case I have full control of three groups of fans.
I will just use the supplied lna on the rear fan, tie it into the top exhaust fans.

err11cc

Case Bender
Apr 19, 2017
I accidentally removed and threw away the thermal pad for the m.2 ssd heatsink. i am the stupidest idiot...i didn't know what it was and thought it was a sticker of some sort

Reactions: br3nd0

Choidebu

"Banned"
Aug 16, 2017
Read the page.... it is to spread heat to the board it is on... dedicated heatsink for m2 drives is a new thing I guess. but if you do have heatsink on top of the board, SURELY putting it on top makes more sense? It's just a thermally conductive sticker - you can put regular thermal paste if you don't mind the mess.. Also, there's such thing as double sided card - your drive can have memory chips at the bottom side as well.

Reactions: Soul_Est