SFF.Network ASUS ROG STRIX H270I motherboard coming soon

ASUS' Republic of Gamers (ROG) brand is back with the all new ROG STRIX H270I. Similar to their current Z270 ITX offering (STRIX Z270I), this board offers many of the same features, save for its advanced overclocking capabilities.

Read more here.

jeshikat

Jessica. Wayward SFF.n Founder
Silver Supporter
Feb 22, 2015
and RGB motherboards for the SFF masses!

And the lack of the VRM heatsink at the top edge should help with the LP53 right?

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
To be honest, I prefer the design on the H270i over the Z270i. Way too much in the way of unnecessary heatsinks on the Z270. Slightly less cluttered look of the H270 is an improvement IMO. Also makes me feel like there's less obstruction to cooler airflow.

Jonny727272

Airflow Optimizer
Feb 26, 2017
Well I'm a happy sff builder! I'm literally 2 weeks away from getting the z270 version but this is much more practical and I can save a few bucks! But now I need to reconsider which CPU to get since the 7600k would be pointless...

drojasxlt

Chassis Packer
Mar 11, 2016
This is the one we were waiting for! So happy to see that they changed very little in the way of features from the Z270I. I'm especially loving the more organized fan header placement, since the headers were all over the place on the Z270 version. As long as I have my two M.2 sockets, I'm a happy builder.

Reactions: CubanLegend

Kmpkt

Innovation through Miniaturization
KMPKT
Feb 1, 2016
I find it odd they would offer a B250 alongside an H270 version of this board. Seems kind of redundant unless the price point is significantly lower. At that point, I would think one of their more plain Jane boards would fit the bill.

CC Ricers

Shrink Ray Wielder
Bronze Supporter
Nov 1, 2015
Perfect value with no major skiming out on rear I/O as well. If I don't go Ryzen for my next build (Hackintosh keeps my options open). This to me says that Kaby Lake boards are gonna stick around a while longer to be Coffee Lake compatible.

3lfk1ng

King of Cable Management
Original poster
SFFn Staff
Bronze Supporter
Jun 3, 2016
www.reihengaming.com
Let's just hope for everyone's sake that Coffee Lake isn't just another meager 5% IPC jump.
I really hope that AMD's impressive 52% IPC jump lit a fire under Intel's ass.

VisualStim

Master of Cramming
Mar 6, 2017
Yeah I'm living without it currently so I don't have much use for it personally

I love it, I use a Samsung T3 2TB on my TB3 stuff and I can video edit right off the T3 without dragging it onto my PC

BUT

2 m.2s would allow you to put Windows 10 on one and Sierra on the other. which would be pretty slick